Times Says Eli Lilly Camouflaged Drug Side Effects

Full story: Consumeraffairs.com

Did Eli Lilly sweep concerns about its schizophrenia drug Zyprexa under the rug? The New York Times claims it did, though the company insists it did not.
Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Aug 17, 2013

“Watchtower Whistle-Blower”

Since: Dec 06

Bangor Maine USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2006

I am Daniel Haszard took Eli Lilly zyprexa 4 years for PTSD didn't do me any good made me gain weight and gave me diabetes.The zyprexa cost $250.00 a month all during that time too.

Only 9 percent of adult Americans think the pharmaceutical industry can be trusted right around the same rating as big tobacco.

Zyprexa, which is used for the treatment of psychiatric disorders, such as schizophrenia and bipolar disorder, accounted for 32% of Eli Lilly's $14.6 billion revenue last year.

Zyprexa is the product name for Olanzapine,it is Lilly's top selling drug.It was approved by the FDA in 1996 ,an 'atypical' antipsychotic a newer class of drugs without the motor side effects of the older Thorazine.Zyprexa has been linked to causing diabetes and pancreatitis.

Did you know that Lilly made nearly $3 billion last year on diabetic meds, Actos,Humulin and Byetta?
Yes! They sell a drug that causes diabetes and then turn a profit on the drugs that treat the condition that they caused in the first place!

I was prescribed Zyprexa from 1996 until 2000.
In early 2000 i was shocked to have an A1C test result of 13.9 (normal is 4-6) I have no history of diabetes in my family.
----
Daniel Haszard
Hamphrey

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

I took Klonopin and Paxil for 15 years to treat my anxiety disorder. I had to detox from the Klonopin this past spring. I got off the Klonopin and switched my Paxil to Lexapro (sex side effect issue). I am also a recovering alcoholic. My doctor did not want me on Benzo's anymore (says it increased alcohol cravings). I stayed on Lexapro only for 9 months, but my anxiety came back strong on just the Lexapro alone. I almost resorted to taking Xanax before I switched doctors. My new doc gave Zyprexa from http://z-olanzapine.com a chance. I am on my 7th day and I haven't felt this "normal" in 5 years. I take 5mgs at night and it has ended the "chatter" in my head, and removed my anxiety. Great medicine so far.
Peacock

Romania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Naturally, I am skeptical of everything online. http://z-olanzapine.com is legitimate. I placed my first order for the smallest amount possible. It arrived sooner than expected. I didn't pay the extra money for speedy air mail. I placed another order that was much larger and it came right on time. I will definitely use this company again for even larger orders now that I trust them. They also give you discounts every time you place an order which is cool. One thing to keep in mind is if you place a larger order, they will send half in one shipment, and then the other half after that to avoid customs scrutinizing your package. I am very happy, I no longer need to pay tons of money to see a doctor and therapist (and have them tell me a bunch of stuff I already know) in order to get my medication.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Diabetes Forum right now

Search the Diabetes Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
medtronic revel 723 for sale used less than 6 m... 11 hr heather 6
one touch ping pump and supplies for sale Mon mdb67 1
Omnipods for sale (Jan '14) Mon diab 12
Omnipod for sale (Sep '10) Mon mlm4730 29
Search on for diabetic mushroom picker in Oregon Mon We hate coos bay ... 1
S. Epatha Merkerson Challenges African American... Aug 17 UTB 3
FDA Approves Diet Drug to Treat Overweight Adults (Jun '12) Aug 16 PIRTYES 12
•••
•••