Dementia Patients Who Want To Remain In Their Homes Require More...

Dec 20, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Medical Daily

Johns Hopkins researchers suggest that most people with dementia who live at home have multiple unmet health and welfare needs, which could jeopardize their ability to remain in their homes.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
carla danesi

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2013

An alzheimers or dementia patient can remain in their home but it takes hard work,dedication and organization and compassion from competent caregivers that are willing and able to care for them to enable them to do so.There are programs and services out there to assist caregivers but in most cases,caregivers must seek them out.As the old saying goes,where there's a will,there's a way.Godspeed new and better medicine for this wretched disease-mom,I love you always and am proud of how well you're doing.I'm keeping my promise.Thankyou Carla Danesi Glorias Daughter "Remember Gloria,Gloria Lives"

Since: Sep 13

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2014

Alzheimer's patients require extensive care and close supervision. It's hard for a family member to provide high quality caregiving since he or she lacks training and experience. They can stay home but it's much better if they are inside a facility that specializes in the said condition. In this way, they can receive proper care and at the same time the progress of their condition can slow down. It is recommended to look for a senior care community that caters to Alzheimer's patients. I've recently found out that small facilities house more people with Alzheimer's diseases. You can read the full article here: http://www.ltcoptions.com/residents-assisted-... .

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••