Brain Imaging Studies Examine How Anti-Smoking Medications May Curb Cravings

Jan 4, 2011 Full story: MediLexicon 16

Main Category: Smoking / Quit Smoking Also Included In: Neurology / Neuroscience The smoking cessation medications bupropion and varenicline may both be associated with changes in the way the brain reacts to smoking cues, making it easier for patients to resist cravings, according to two reports posted online today that will appear in the May print ...

Full Story
NIMBY

Phillipsburg, NJ

#1 Jan 4, 2011
Everyone knows smoking's not addictive. The fine folks at Phillip Morris and R.J. Reynolds told us this in the 1940's, which were obviously a much happier, simple time, where folks were free to smoke when/wherever of their choosing, at their own leisure!

Oh yeah, and blacks couldn't use our water fountains. There was that, too...
EnjoyingTheMichi ganBan

Farmington, MI

#2 Jan 4, 2011
Lol, this is very funny!
Freedom

Niles, MI

#3 Jan 4, 2011
Smoking is far healthier than Fascistic laws that are pushed by big pharma's front organizations.

You think these health Fascists will quit with smoking?

Now they are coming for the salt lovers, the soda drinkers, the overweight, and those who enjoy fast food.

Soon enough they will be after something you enjoy.

First they came for the smokers.
anonymous

Birdsboro, PA

#4 Jan 5, 2011
People need to do research on the varencline before they say that is safer than smoking

On June 4, 2009, the FDA announced it was evaluating varenicline for additional potential side effects, including angioedema, serious skin reactions, visual impairment, and accidental injury.[12] On July 1, 2009, the Food and Drug Administration required varenicline and Zyban (bupropion) to carry a black box warning, the agency's strongest safety warning, due to side effects including depression, suicidal thoughts, and suicidal actions.[1]

Sounds like these are excellent side effects,as opposed to coughing your brains out from a cigarette.Sounds like this is so much better to expose your children too as opposed to seeing mommy or daddy lighting up a cigarette. Yeah mommy and daddy don't smoke now,but I might be able to watch them jam a knife into themselves,or they might drive the car off of a bridge with me in the backseat. Or I might get to watch them stupidly electrocute themselselves accidently and injure or kill themselves
anonymous

Birdsboro, PA

#5 Jan 5, 2011
I got that info researching varencline from webmd and also a few other medical sites researching the drug.
anonymous

Birdsboro, PA

#6 Jan 5, 2011
To me if you want to quit smoking you will,if you need drugs to do it then you most likely do not want to,and if you need these drugs to quit,are you really making yourself better by using these to kick the habit.That just seems how today is, they got pills for everything in life. Thye got pills to make you thin,they got pills to make you quit smoking,they got pills for if you are moody and depressed, they got surgery to staple your stomach if your obese. If drugs are needed so severely today,maybe they should back away from getting people to quit smoking and let the nicotine take its effect on a person.Let the nicotine curb a persons appetite then they won't eat all day long,let the nicotine calm a persons nerves then they won't need antidepressents,because the prescriptions used are no safer than the cigarettes.
Smokeless

United States

#7 Jan 5, 2011
I smoked for years and used Chantix to quit, very effective. I got it at uspharmacystores. com Worked for me!
anonymous

AOL

#8 Jan 5, 2011
Smokeless wrote:
I smoked for years and used Chantix to quit, very effective. I got it at uspharmacystores. com Worked for me!
And I have had family that smoked for over 30 years and needed nothing to quit,as a matter of fact when they quit chantix was not even around. They quit smoking because they wanted too. And they didn't fail either,so if you really wanted to quit you would have not needed the drugs. But then again people quit because they feel they are forced to quit,and if they can see the effects of the pill on brain imaging tests that just shows the pills affects your brain,because when you take asprin and get a ct scan or mri they cannot tell you that you took asprin from the brain image.
anonymous

AOL

#9 Jan 5, 2011
Because what they fail to tell you in this article is the fMRI is used to determine underlying causes of brain damage that a normal mri does not detect so if they can see the effects of the drug on the fmri a surprise might come up in a few years for you or anyone else that uses those drugs on a standard mri
Lawrence

France

#10 Aug 7, 2013
http://inhousegeneric.com is an honest and genuine online pharmacy. We were not sure at first because this was our first order of generic medication from this pharmacy. Although it takes a bit long because it got stuck with custom, we are completely sastisfied with this online pharmacy.
You won't be disappointed with them. Their customer service is great too although they need to improve their phone system a bit more. If you need to call them just be sure to call during their working hours. Other than that we highly and sincerely recommend this online pharmacy to everyone.
Paul

Winnipeg, Canada

#11 Aug 13, 2013
wanna quit, just smell your clothes. Smells like they were washed in skunkshit.
Tanner

Romania

#12 Aug 17, 2013
Naturally, I am skeptical of everything online. http://inhousegeneric.com is legitimate. I placed my first order for the smallest amount possible. It arrived sooner than expected. I didn't pay the extra money for speedy air mail. I placed another order that was much larger and it came right on time. I will definitely use this company again for even larger orders now that I trust them. They also give you discounts every time you place an order which is cool. One thing to keep in mind is if you place a larger order, they will send half in one shipment, and then the other half after that to avoid customs scrutinizing your package. I am very happy, I no longer need to pay tons of money to see a doctor and therapist (and have them tell me a bunch of stuff I already know) in order to get my medication.
rose

Whitehall, PA

#13 Aug 17, 2013
I have tried so many times to quit, and just cannot quit. I am really ticked off at myself. my daughter tried Chantix, and she got a little weird. i feel really bad because I can't sleep with my husband of 46 years because I breathe so heavy. I am a real loser because of this.
BUH WAH HA HA

Winnipeg, Canada

#14 Aug 18, 2013
Paul wrote:
wanna quit, just smell your clothes. Smells like they were washed in skunkshit.
OH yeah
Jimmy

UK

#16 Sep 24, 2013
I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#17 Sep 24, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.
Another limpdick smoker trying to get other stupid smokers to give their financial information to a bunch of crooks. Way to go, LIMPDICK. Quit smoking and you won't have to work at a crappy assed job like this. Maybe you will even get a woman once you stop stinking like a smoky turd.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Depression Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dark Days Here for Folks With Seasonal Depression 4 hr humanSpirit 1
Largest study of Hispanics/Latinos finds depres... 4 hr humanSpirit 1
Anti-Inflammatory Drugs For Depression? The Lin... 4 hr humanSpirit 1
Can ugly people be loved? (Mar '10) Oct 22 Healthnfitness4u 44
Around half of cases of depression and anxiety ... Oct 20 Smack Down 1
How long before feeling the effects of Zoloft (... Oct 17 DeniseT 46
Utah universities seek to help students struggl... Oct 10 AngelsandGhosts 1

Depression People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE