The bipolar express

May 28, 2011 Full story: The Star Online 10

A glimpse into a few lives lived between the extremes of elation and depression reveal the simple yet often dismissed truth about bipolar disease: that it is still possible to live on, and live well.

Full Story
HumanSpirit

Alachua, FL

#2 May 28, 2011
There has been "No" biological defect found for any mental illness or any of the other (made to order)diagnoses by any neurological study.

Without a test for chemical imbalance the mental health (psychiatry) is limited in the ancillary tests of medicine like an EKG, EEG, blood work or other tests in the diagnoses of a patient. They aren't needed in Psychiatry.

The psychiatric diagnosis is made on the basis of behavior and hearsay.

If we respect metabolic changes based on daily dietary habits, weight gain / loss , terms of the survival of the organisms as a person age along with physical conditioning, physical illness, electrolyte level, gender differences , body temperature, I don't see how the Mental Health and Counseling Industry could conform to any consistency in data with consideration to the above to state a person has a mental disease or illness based on chemical imbalance.

APA lies to the American Public and puts the society in danger

http://www.webwire.com/ViewPressRel.asp...

The fraud in psychiatry has been going on for more then 40 years since H W Bush was CEO, Eli Lilly and before that time as VP under the Reagan Presidency.

There Are No "Chemical Imbalances"

Snip:

"The hypothetical disturbances of neurochemical function that are said to underlie "mental illness" are just that: hypothetical. No experiment has ever shown that anyone has an "imbalance" of any neurotransmitters or any other brain chemicals. Nor could any conceivable experiment demonstrate the existence of a "chemical imbalance," simply because no one, least of all the biopsychiatrists, has the slightest idea what a proper and healthy chemical "balance" would look like."

"...the views and beliefs of biopsychiatry have nothing to do with the answers to scientific questions in any case: the hunt for biological "causes" of "mental illness" is an entirely fallacious enterprise in the first place; the non- existence of data to support its assertions is quite beside the point."

"The latest edition of one pharmacology text has this to say about the status of depression as a disease: "Despite extensive efforts, attempts to document the metabolic changes in human subjects predicted by these [biological] hypotheses have not, on balance, provided consistent or compelling corroboration." This is a long-winded way of admitting that not even a scrap of evidence supports the idea that depression results from a "chemical imbalance." Yet patients are told every day - by their doctors, by the media, and by drug company advertising - that it is a proven scientific fact that depression has a known biochemical origin. It follows directly that millions of Americans are being lied to by their doctors; and people surely can't give informed consent for drug treatment when what they're being "informed" by is a fraud.... To sum up: there is no evidence whatsoever to support the view that "mental illness" is biochemical in origin; in other words, things like "Unipolar Disorder" and "Attention Deficit Disorder" simply do not exist."

http://www.adhd-report.com/biopsychiatry/bio_...
HumanSpirit

Alachua, FL

#3 May 28, 2011
sychological Evaluations:
Corruption & Misuse in a Billion Dollar Industry
By: Michael G. Conner, Psy.D, Clinical & Medical Psychologist

Pasted from < http://www.oregoncounseling.org/ArticlesPaper... ;

----------

Psychiatry "No Science"

----------

Psychiatry: An Industry of Death, Introduction

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
HumanSpirit

Alachua, FL

#4 May 28, 2011
Inside the Battle to Define Mental Illness

Every so often Al Frances says something that seems to surprise even him. Just now, for instance, in the predawn darkness of his comfortable, rambling home in Carmel, California, he has broken off his exercise routine to declare that “there is no definition of a mental disorder. It’s bullshit. I mean, you just can’t define it.” Then an odd, reflective look crosses his face, as if he’s taking in the strangeness of this scene: Allen Frances, lead editor of the fourth edition of the American Psychiatric Association’s Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (universally known as the DSM-IV), the guy who wrote the book on mental illness, confessing that “these concepts are virtually impossible to define precisely with bright lines at the boundaries.” For the first time in two days, the conversation comes to an awkward halt.

Pasted from < http://www.wired.com/magazine/2010/12/ff_dsmv... ;

There are no genetic tests, no brain scans, blood tests, chemical imbalance tests or X-rays that can scientifically/medically prove that any psychiatric disorder is a medical condition.
HumanSpirit

Alachua, FL

#5 May 28, 2011
Brain Stains: Traumatic therapies can have long-lasting effects on mental health

http://mnemosynosis.livejournal.com/12980.htm...

A wave of nausea washed over Sheri J. Storm when she opened the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel on a February morning a decade ago and saw the headline:“Malpractice lawsuit: Plaintiff tells horror of memories. Woman emotionally testifies that psychiatrist planted false recollections.” The woman in the article shared a lot with Storm—the same psychiatrist, the same memories, the same diagnosis of multiple personality disorder. At that moment, Storm suddenly realized that her own illness and 200-plus personalities, though painfully real to her, were nothing more than a figment of her imagination—created by her trusted therapist, Kenneth Olson.

Storm initially sought treatment from Olson because of insomnia and anxiety associated with divorce proceedings and a new career in radio advertising. She had hoped for an antidepressant prescription or a few relaxation techniques. But after enduring hypnosis sessions, psychotropic medications and mental-ward hospitalizations, Storm had much more to worry about than stress. She had “remembered” being sexually abused by her father at the age of three and forced to engage in bestiality and satanic ritual abuse that included the slaughtering and consumption of human babies. According to her psychiatrist, these traumatic experiences had generated alternative personalities, or alters, within Storm’s mind.

Storm is now convinced that her multiple personality disorder was iatrogenic, the product of her “therapy.” But years after the psychiatric sessions have ceased, she is still tormented by vivid memories, nightmares and physical reactions to cues from her fictitious past. Although she was told that the false memories would fade over time, she has had a difficult time purging these “brain stains” from the fabric of her mind.

Storm’s case is similar to those of many other patients who ­underwent recovered-memory therapy that revealed sordid histories of sexual abuse and demonic ceremonies. Although the scientific literature suggests that traumatic events are rarely, if ever, repressed or forgotten, this type of therapy was widespread in the 1990s and is still practiced today. Only after several high-profile lawsuits did the American Medical Association issue warnings to patients about the unreliability of recovered memories. Nadean Cool, the patient described in the newspaper story that turned Storm’s life upside down, filed one such lawsuit. Cool received a $2.4-million settlement after 15 days of courtroom testimony. Amid the heated controversy, the American Psychiatric Association discontinued the diagnostic category of multiple personality disorder, replacing it with the slightly different diagnosis of dissociative identity disorder.

more

http://mnemosynosis.livejournal.com/12980.htm...
HumanSpirit

Alachua, FL

#6 May 28, 2011
Child psychiatry is sick with hidden conflicts of interest

Child psychiatry is sick with hidden conflicts of interest
By Dr. Leonard Sax

Sunday, December 14th 2008, 4:00 AM

When I first began writing prescriptions for children 22 years ago, it was unusual for a child to be taking powerful psychiatric drugs. Today it's common. How did we get here?

Dr. Joseph Biederman is part of the answer. He's an important guy. His title is "chief of pediatric psychopharmacology" at Massachusetts General Hospital, the main teaching hospital for Harvard Medical School. Pediatricians and family doctors look to him, and doctors like him, for guidance about what they should do with problem kids. For the past two decades, Biederman has pushed the use of medications for treating ADHD and bipolar disorder. Over the past two decades, the use of medications for treating those disorders has soared.

Sen. Charles Grassley (R-Iowa), recognizing how much influence Biederman has in promoting these medications for children, wondered whether the doctor might be taking money from drug companies. When first asked, Biederman admitted to taking perhaps "a couple hundred thousand dollars" from pharmaceutical companies. When he was asked to take another look, it turned out that Biederman and a colleague had accepted more than $1.6 million from the drug companies. And they hadn't told anybody.

Or consider the case of Dr. Fred Goodwin. After stepping down as director of the National Institute for Mental Health, Goodwin moved on to serve as the host of the NPR program "The Infinite Mind." Goodwin didn't think he needed to tell anybody that the drug companies were paying him $1.3 million, even as he reassured listeners on his program about the safety of powerful psychiatric medications for children. Last month, after his connections to the drug industry came to light, NPR canceled his program.

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/2008/12/1...
Bi-polar Express rider

London, KY

#7 May 30, 2011
As a passenger of the Express, I for one know you have no idea what you or all your www whatever websites are talking about. This is not a condition I lived with all my life, it was not because I suddenly started eating differently or anything to do with the things you mentioned above.

The reason it occured was a series of traumatic events until I went on overload and after years of trying to cope, suddenly I couldn't. I did a absolute turn around from the person I used to be.

The person that used to be the family glue that held all the familu events disappeared [I had trouble planning meals] the outgoing fun loving person disappeared [I have trouble going outside] I can go from the north pole to the south pole over night. Most of the time I feel it coming on, but sometimes it sneaks up on me without warning.

I will lay in bed for days with no desire, no interest in anything. And suffer from the deepest darkest saddnes imaginable. I can go on highs and feel like I can accomplish and solve everything or be mad and enraged at the world.

I would like to invite you to take a ride with me and all of the others that ride daily on this non-existant Bi-polar Express. I would really be interested in hearing your story after several trips down the Expressway with us. It would be a totally different version of the crap posted above.
karen

Millinocket, ME

#8 May 31, 2011
As a wife whose husband is bipolar I hear, "maybe it's a midlife crisis","bipolar doesn't happen at an older age so it can't be that","my ex acted like the jerk you are describing so it must just be him being a jerk". When I say out of 20 years of marriage, 15 of them were really good, they don't believe me. There must have been signs they say. It is such a shock that a person could change like that. My husband was the most caring husband, fun dad,good provider and now we are all sad he isn't like that anymore. He still does caring things from time to time, still provides but we can't ask that of him. He has to do those thing when he can. He doesn't live here because he had/has an affair but he tries to make sure we have what we need.
It urks me, though I know it shouldn't, that people don't believe me. In many ways, the family is dealing with this illness alone too. Sure he was a jerk at times, so wasn't I, so isn't everyone but this is different. I couldn't have had 2 children with him or stayed married for 20 years with this person. How do you educate people! This is real-not imagination-he did change just like that!
FBOMBER

Winnipeg, Canada

#9 Aug 15, 2011
Bi Polar caused by vaccines.
Aubrey

Europe

#10 Sep 24, 2013
I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.
Credit card fraud

Saint Petersburg, FL

#11 Oct 2, 2013
Pillshop.com steals credit card numbers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Depression Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How long before feeling the effects of Zoloft (... 15 hr DeniseT 44
Turmeric enhances mood in depression research t... Sep 26 HumanSpirit 1
Depression and Anxiety (Apr '13) Sep 26 Linna001 11
You Have Depression Sep 26 HumanSpirit 5
FDA Removes Suicide Warning From Quit-Smoking Drug Sep 25 Smokers suck blow 4
Polarity index of pharmacological agents used f... Sep 25 jcannon 1
Erie ranks 4th among most depressed U.S. regions (Aug '11) Sep 24 feelin better 63

Depression People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE