In the Eyes of Your Campus Psychologists

May 22, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Daily Nexus

"Mental health" - what does that even mean? Although most commonly used in conjunction with the word "issue," the reality is that everyone sits somewhere on the mental health continuum, just like the physical health continuum.

Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated May 22, 2013
HumanSpirit

Alachua, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Created stress with curriculum and grades are common for profit with the mental health and pharmacutical industries. On line psychiatrists writting prescription on the college campus is common. Same is happen in grade schools.

The mind drugs that are addicting is usually the down fall and debts that distroying the chance for an education. Parents should be aware of the crimes of the mental health industry as related to the public schools.

Death, violence, erratic behavior and the suicide by mind drugs

http://ssristories.com/index.php
HumanSpirit

Alachua, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Why your kid is drugged in school

How it works:

The State Department of Education gets monies from the Federal Government (Disability) under a program called "IDEA" for each child diagnosed with a disability. A disability could be ADD/ADHD, Bi-polar disorder, Depression or any of the other mental diagnoses.

Who profits: The State Department of Education, the mental health and counseling Industry, the Pharmaceutical company and the money that is kicked back by lobbyists for politicians special interest and of course the legal profession.

All this at the cost of your child's Health and welfare.

----------IDEA" Final Regulation (part 1 of 2)

300.7 Child with a disability.

(a) General.

(1) As used in this part, the term child with a disability means a child evaluated in accordance with §§300.530-300.536 as having mental retardation, a hearing impairment including deafness, a speech or language impairment, a visual impairment including blindness, serious emotional disturbance (hereafter referred to as emotional disturbance), an orthopedic impairment, autism, traumatic brain injury, an other health impairment, a specific learning disability, deaf-blindness, or multiple disabilities, and who, by reason thereof, needs special education and related services.(i) The term means a condition exhibiting one or more of the following characteristics over a long period of time and to a marked degree that adversely affects a child's educational performance:(A) An inability to learn that cannot be explained by intellectual, sensory, or health factors.(B) An inability to build or maintain satisfactory interpersonal relationships with peers and teachers.(C) Inappropriate types of behavior or feelings under normal circumstances.(D) A general pervasive mood of unhappiness or depression.(E) A tendency to develop physical symptoms or fears associated with personal or school problems.(ii) The term includes schizophrenia. The term does not apply to children who are socially maladjusted, unless it is determined that they have an emotional disturbance. 9) Other health impairment means having limited strength, vitality or alertness, including a heightened alertness to environmental stimuli, that results in limited alertness with respect to the educational environment, that-(i) Is due to chronic or acute health problems such as asthma, attention deficit disorder or attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, diabetes, epilepsy, a heart condition, hemophilia, lead poisoning, leukemia, nephritis, rheumatic fever, and sickle cell anemia; and (ii) Adversely affects a child's educational performance §300.24 Related services.(a) General. As used in this part, the term related services means transportation and such developmental, corrective, and other supportive services as are required to assist a child with a disability.(9) Psychological services includes-(i) Administering psychological and educational tests, and other assessment procedures; (ii) Interpreting assessment results; (iii) Obtaining, integrating, and interpreting information about child behavior and conditions relating to learning; (iv) Consulting with other staff members in planning school programs to meet the special needs of children as indicated by psychological tests, interviews, and behavioral evaluations; (v) Planning and managing a program of psychological services, including psychological counseling for children and parents; and (vi) Assisting in developing positive behavioral intervention strategies.---------
HumanSpirit

Alachua, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Psychiatry: An industry of death

&fe ature=youtube_gdata_player

Psychiatry No Science

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
HumanSpirit

Alachua, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

APA Admits there is no test for "chemical imbalance"

American Psychiatric Association admitted it lied to the American Public

http://www.webwire.com/ViewPressRel.asp...

Biopsychiatry Illuminated

THE CANDLELIGHT PROJECT by Bob Collier

29 September 2003 Issue 61

This week, a few representative excerpts from an article that I discovered on my internet travels only a matter of days ago, concerning the area in which biopsychiatry has, it seems to me, most comprehensively misled the world at large.

Please go to the website linked to below the excerpts and read the complete article. Then you will not be bamboozled should a doctor, teacher, journalist, ad man, politician, family member, friend, some bloke in your local pub, or whoever, start waffling on at you about 'mental illness' being caused by 'chemical imbalances' in the brain. You will know better!

There Are No "Chemical Imbalances"

"The hypothetical disturbances of neurochemical function that are said to underlie "mental illness" are just that: hypothetical. No experiment has ever shown that anyone has an "imbalance" of any neurotransmitters or any other brain chemicals. Nor could any conceivable experiment demonstrate the existence of a "chemical imbalance," simply because no one, least of all the biopsychiatrists, has the slightest idea what a proper and healthy chemical "balance" would look like."

"...the views and beliefs of biopsychiatry have nothing to do with the answers to scientific questions in any case: the hunt for biological "causes" of "mental illness" is an entirely fallacious enterprise in the first place; the non- existence of data to support its assertions is quite beside the point."

"The latest edition of one pharmacology text has this to say about the status of depression as a disease: "Despite extensive efforts, attempts to document the metabolic changes in human subjects predicted by these [biological] hypotheses have not, on balance, provided consistent or compelling corroboration." This is a long-winded way of admitting that not even a scrap of evidence supports the idea that depression results from a "chemical imbalance." Yet patients are told every day - by their doctors, by the media, and by drug company advertising - that it is a proven scientific fact that depression has a known biochemical origin. It follows directly that millions of Americans are being lied to by their doctors; and people surely can't give informed consent for drug treatment when what they're being "informed" by is a fraud.... To sum up: there is no evidence whatsoever to support the view that "mental illness" is biochemical in origin; in other words, things like "Unipolar Disorder" and "Attention Deficit Disorder" simply do not exist."

Read the complete article, There Are No "Chemical Imbalances" by Eaton T. Fores, at the Eaton T. Fores Research Center:

http://www.etfrc.com/ChemicalImbalances.htm

http://www.adhd-report.com/biopsychiatry/bio_...
HumanSpirit

Alachua, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Without a test for chemical imbalance the mental health, the "psychiatric diagnosis" is limited in the ancillary tests of medicine like an EKG, EEG, blood work or other tests in the diagnoses of a patient. They aren't really needed in Psychiatry.

I think you can see, and probably know, as a student, that the psychiatric diagnosis is made on the basis of behavior or spoken words or the hearsay from a neighor, friend, estranged husband/wife who may very well be making a false allegation or creating a position in a court of law for their advantage. I am sure that Medicare or Disability and insurances play a large part in the diagnoses. Basically you are making a diagnoses on the physiological differences between the so called "mentally ill" and the "normal" without knowing what a proper and healthy chemical "balance" look like?" There is no test.

If we respect metabolic changes based on daily dietary habits, weight gain / loss , terms of the survival of the organisms as a person age along with physical conditioning, physical illness, electrolyte level, gender differences , body temperature, I don't see where the Mental Health and Counseling Industry could conform to any consistency in data with consideration to the above to state a person has a mental disease or illness based on chemical imbalance. Beside that, the mental health psychiatric diagnoses isn't even part of standard medical procedure known as the medical model in which all doctors are trained and is the only branch of medicine operating completely on political decisions.

So, on the basis of a 10 minute exchange between doctor & patient, a diagnosis of atypical schizophrenia (others) can be made and what is disturbing is that with the aid of a 2nd physician, the patient can be involuntarily hospitalized without any due process of law.. There is no other branch of medicine that permits this sort of thing.

If an orthopedic surgeon operated on a patient without the aid of an X-ray, he would be working at the car wash the next day.
HumanSpirit

Alachua, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

As I stated, I believe the practice of medicine is predicated on something called the "medical model" which doctors learn in medical school and has a set of procedures by which they practice medicine. Psychiatry, Psychologist, psychotherapist" (psycho - the - rapist) and the 101 other titles of importance, if any, in the field of psychiatry /psychology I lump into one broad category: "The mental health worker" for convenience.

To me, Psychiatry is misplaced in academia and belongs in social medicine. Psychology should be part of anthropology and brains are topics of biology.

Psychiatrist mainly guess as to psychotropic drugs used on many of the made to order mental disease which were voted on by the hand raising exercises of the American Psychiatric Association members, yearly, and listed in the DSM. I think you can see, Psychiatry with it inventive ideology stemming from "phrenology" to electro shock therapy is dealing into the dark science much like one that would practice voodoo or witchcraft or play a game, with a person mind, of Tarot cards.

A quote of Psychotherapy for you:

“Psychotherapy may be known in the future as the greatest hoax of the twentieth century.” Dr. Lawrence LeShan, former president of the Association for Humanistic Psychology

As for psychiatrists diagnosing an illness predicated on something like pain & suffering or behavior or conduct is absurd to me and I would discount the diagnoses as much as I would distrust their theories of physical or chemical lobotomies or shock treatment.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Depression Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trouble sleeping: a warning sign of suicide in ... 5 hr Jack Meoff 5
How long before feeling the effects of Zoloft (... 20 hr Doctor My Eyes 33
Suicide: a growing problem (Jan '13) Wed pissymcpissypisser 65
Robin Williams Tue humanSpirit 1
A prototype for higher risk of suicide Aug 19 humanSpirit 7
Psychiatrist urges friends, family to be alert ... Aug 18 HumanSpirit 1
Depression and Anxiety (Apr '13) Aug 18 recovered 8

Search the Depression Forum: