South Dakota abortionists evade work ...

South Dakota abortionists evade work to avoid law (OneNewsNow.com)

There are 197 comments on the www.onenewsnow.com story from Jul 26, 2008, titled South Dakota abortionists evade work to avoid law (OneNewsNow.com). In it, www.onenewsnow.com reports that:

Developments ensue in South Dakota after an 8th Circuit Court ruling upholding a woman's right to know law involving abortion.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.onenewsnow.com.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#1 Jul 26, 2008
I think this is a great story. Shows some peoples true colors.

“CRITICAL THINKING -- try it.”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#2 Jul 26, 2008
This will likely get overturned upon appeal -- all the more so because physicians shouldn't be ordered to give out inaccurate medical information. Additionally, any good lawyer will use the argument that the law isn't being evenly applied. Unless, of course, the state is going to demand that all OBs advise their patients (especially teens) of the dangers of continuing a pregnancy and giving birth. I just don't see that happening.

Location hidden

#3 Jul 26, 2008
C Hamilton wrote:
This will likely get overturned upon appeal -- all the more so because physicians shouldn't be ordered to give out inaccurate medical information. Additionally, any good lawyer will use the argument that the law isn't being evenly applied. Unless, of course, the state is going to demand that all OBs advise their patients (especially teens) of the dangers of continuing a pregnancy and giving birth. I just don't see that happening.
Keep dreaming.

Location hidden

#5 Aug 10, 2008
Does anyone know if they have returned to work yet?

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#6 Aug 10, 2008
Kerdy 1 wrote:
I think this is a great story. Shows some peoples true colors.
Are you getting ready to party at the news of the first mom and babie being butchered in some back alley abortion. Priase GOD the wh*re is dead.

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Location hidden

#7 Aug 10, 2008
Kerdy 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep dreaming.
It is not what the people want. The people voted the last anti-abortion law donw in 2006.

Location hidden

#8 Aug 10, 2008
Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you getting ready to party at the news of the first mom and babie being butchered in some back alley abortion. Priase GOD the wh*re is dead.
This argument resembles the one I heard that we should supply drug addicts with drug because they are going to do it anyway and at least they will have clean needles.

No, if someone wants to get a back alley abortion for not being able to keep their pants on, they derseve what the get. Just like if you pay for a prostitute and you get some STD, there is no reason to try and legalize prostitution under certain conditions, you know, since people are still going to pay for them.

Location hidden

#9 Aug 10, 2008
Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not what the people want. The people voted the last anti-abortion law donw in 2006.
I believe its up to each individual state. If they did in fact do that, its their decision to make. This law, however, doesnt keep people from getting abortions which means it isnt going against what the people apparently want.

Location hidden

#10 Aug 10, 2008
C Hamilton wrote:
This will likely get overturned upon appeal -- all the more so because physicians shouldn't be ordered to give out inaccurate medical information.
Like what? I didnt read anything inaccurate.
C Hamilton wrote:
Unless, of course, the state is going to demand that all OBs advise their patients (especially teens) of the dangers of continuing a pregnancy and giving birth. I just don't see that happening.
Um, they do. I have had children and each time, the doctors advised my wife of all the possibilities and the best ways to avoid any dangers. Also, that you cant avoid all possiblities. That is why she was "fixed". She started having too many medical issues for any more children and they said if she had another child, it may end up causing irreversable damage.
Dewhickey

Gaithersburg, MD

#11 Aug 10, 2008
I thought I smelled something. The Turd's back again to yammer some more. Keep hallucinating, Turdy. Abortion's not going away.
Dewhickey

Gaithersburg, MD

#12 Aug 10, 2008
Kerdy 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
This argument resembles the one I heard that we should supply drug addicts with drug because they are going to do it anyway and at least they will have clean needles.
No, if someone wants to get a back alley abortion for not being able to keep their pants on, they derseve what the get. Just like if you pay for a prostitute and you get some STD, there is no reason to try and legalize prostitution under certain conditions, you know, since people are still going to pay for them.
Oh, good. ANother Christian who thinks women that get pregnant should be punished.

Apparently, they get pregnant whenever they take their pants off. No males required. Or held accountable.

Get real. You don't have a say, Turdy. If you don't have a uterus, you don't have the choice. Those who have one, do.

Location hidden

#13 Aug 10, 2008
Dewhickey wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, good. ANother Christian who thinks women that get pregnant should be punished.
Punished? Accepting responsibility isnt punishment. What are you talking about? If a person goes to some back alley to get an illegal abortion from an unlicensed practitioner, they accept the results of that. However, if they accept the responsibility of having sex and getting pregnant, then they have a beautiful baby. That isnt punishment either.
Dewhickey wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently, they get pregnant whenever they take their pants off. No males required. Or held accountable.
You cant have it both ways. If you want the male to also be responsible, which he should, then he must be given choices to abortions as well. In otherwords, if he doesnt want her to have one, she cant. Afterall, equality is just that. You cant just hold him responsible once a child is born. He is either responsible for everything as the mother is, or he is responsible for nothing.
Dewhickey wrote:
<quoted text>
Get real. You don't have a say, Turdy. If you don't have a uterus, you don't have the choice. Those who have one, do.
Like I said, equality is just that. A woman cant get pregnant without a man in some form or fashion and if its from consensual sex, he should have just as much say. That or you cant make him pay child support. Which is it?

Location hidden

#14 Aug 10, 2008
Dewhickey wrote:
I thought I smelled something. The Turd's back again to yammer some more. Keep hallucinating, Turdy. Abortion's not going away.
It just didnt feel right without the 3rd grade insults. Now you are hear and everything is in order. I am sorry though, that you couldnt make it into 4th grade. Who knows. Maybe the 15th try is the charm this go round.

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Location hidden

#15 Aug 10, 2008
Kerdy 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe its up to each individual state. If they did in fact do that, its their decision to make. This law, however, doesnt keep people from getting abortions which means it isnt going against what the people apparently want.
Then why not let the people vote on this. If the people in South Dakota voted on this it would not have passed.

Location hidden

#16 Aug 10, 2008
Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why not let the people vote on this. If the people in South Dakota voted on this it would not have passed.
I have no idea, but that is a good question.
Dewhickey

Gaithersburg, MD

#17 Aug 10, 2008
Kerdy 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Punished? Accepting responsibility isnt punishment. What are you talking about? If a person goes to some back alley to get an illegal abortion from an unlicensed practitioner, they accept the results of that. However, if they accept the responsibility of having sex and getting pregnant, then they have a beautiful baby. That isnt punishment either.
<quoted text>
You cant have it both ways. If you want the male to also be responsible, which he should, then he must be given choices to abortions as well. In otherwords, if he doesnt want her to have one, she cant. Afterall, equality is just that. You cant just hold him responsible once a child is born. He is either responsible for everything as the mother is, or he is responsible for nothing.
<quoted text>
Like I said, equality is just that. A woman cant get pregnant without a man in some form or fashion and if its from consensual sex, he should have just as much say. That or you cant make him pay child support. Which is it?
I don't believe a man should be forced to pay child support if he did not consent to the pregnancy. And he should have no say in whether a woman continues a pregnancy or not.
Dewhickey

Gaithersburg, MD

#18 Aug 10, 2008
Kerdy 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It just didnt feel right without the 3rd grade insults. Now you are hear and everything is in order. I am sorry though, that you couldnt make it into 4th grade. Who knows. Maybe the 15th try is the charm this go round.
I learned the difference between "hear" and "here", apparently, in a grade you never completed.

Location hidden

#19 Aug 10, 2008
Dewhickey wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe a man should be forced to pay child support if he did not consent to the pregnancy. And he should have no say in whether a woman continues a pregnancy or not.
As much as I hate to say it, if you follow that thought process, at least its fair to the father.

I disagree, but at least its fair to him. The child, not a chance.

Location hidden

#20 Aug 10, 2008
Dewhickey wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait, what if the father wants the child???? If we going to be fair, we have to do it all the way.

Location hidden

#21 Aug 10, 2008
Dewhickey wrote:
<quoted text>
I learned the difference between "hear" and "here", apparently, in a grade you never completed.
Should I go back and read all of your typos and make a childishly big deal out of them as well? No, its beneath me. Never mind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Depression Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I can't get "it" together!!!!!!!! (Nov '09) Mon Rh free indeed 56
my depression Aug 30 Kieron123 1
News Mild Depression Treatment Doesn't Always Mean M... (May '14) Aug 26 williamssmith1n 8
News Can same-sex marriage make America healthier? Aug 26 Wondering 73
News Depression still a top problem in high schools Aug 12 yogivini 6
News Sleeping pills, anxiety meds may shorten lives (Nov '10) Aug 12 paulmall 26
Teens cutting. A cry for help (Apr '06) Aug 11 Ben 279
More from around the web