McLean High To Host Discussion on Tee...

McLean High To Host Discussion on Teen Depression

There are 2 comments on the Patch.com story from Oct 23, 2012, titled McLean High To Host Discussion on Teen Depression. In it, Patch.com reports that:

In the first of a series of dicussions dealing with problems teenagers in Northern Virginia face, McLean High School will host a community meeting on Wednesday night about depression and teenagers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

Anna

Hillsboro, OR

#1 Oct 25, 2012
Depression has indeed been a prevalent psychological problem in today's youth. I think, bullying has been one of the factors that may have contributed to this, especially to the overwhelming number of succeeded and attempted suicides. It's good to know that many people are taking the effort to raise awareness concerning this growing problem. Taking down depression is far from impossible as there are many treatment options available. Although in taking antidepressants such as Zoloft, it's best that a patient takes the time to know its benefits and risks before taking one. Feature articles at http://www.zoloftlawsuitcenter.net could be a good source of information.
Crissy

UK

#3 Jan 30, 2014
I've been on Effexor from http://goo.gl/kHgRdx only one week but am cautiously very optimistic. Prior to this I was on citalopram but still feeling very low and sleeping poorly, feeling like I needed to be in bed 12-16 hours a day. Now I am waking naturally after only 8 hours sleep and finding it much easier to concentrate at work. I can hardly believe it is working so quickly but I feel so much better. I've had no side effects.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Depression Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mild Depression Treatment Doesn't Always Mean M... (May '14) Wed williamssmith1n 8
News Can same-sex marriage make America healthier? Aug 26 Wondering 74
News Depression still a top problem in high schools Aug 12 yogivini 6
News Sleeping pills, anxiety meds may shorten lives (Nov '10) Aug 12 paulmall 26
Teens cutting. A cry for help (Apr '06) Aug 11 Ben 279
News Psychotropic medication use widespread among ol... Aug 8 Elise Loves Potatoes 2
I feel so ugly and depressed... (May '10) Aug 7 Lucy Rivera 37
More from around the web