Antidepressants Only Benefit Certain ...

Antidepressants Only Benefit Certain Depressed Patients, Study Suggests

There are 11 comments on the Science Daily story from Feb 28, 2008, titled Antidepressants Only Benefit Certain Depressed Patients, Study Suggests. In it, Science Daily reports that:

“Although patients get better when they take antidepressants, they also get better when they take a placebo, and the difference in improvement is not very great. This means that depressed people can improve without chemical treatments.”

"New generation" antidepressants, such as fluoxetine are widely prescribed for the treatment of clinical depression. via Science Daily

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Science Daily.

detoxer

Clearwater, FL

#1 Mar 2, 2008
All of us have different DNA and different metabolisms. Some herbs and vitamins work better than others. The first thing that is needed is proper nutrition and a good physical exam. As the director of Novus Medical Detox, I often see patients who are on alcohol or opioids, central nervous system depressants, also taking antidepressants. When they detox they find they don't need the antidepressants.

This is good news because a Swedish study showed that 52% of the 2006 suicides by women on antidepressants. Since antidepressants work no better than placebos and are less effective than exercise in dealing with depression.

There is a prescription drug epidemic and these are leaders in the list of terrible abuses.

Steve Hayes
http://novusdetox.com

Since: Feb 08

Granbury, TX

#3 Mar 3, 2008
detoxer wrote:
All of us have different DNA and different metabolisms. Some herbs and vitamins work better than others. The first thing that is needed is proper nutrition and a good physical exam. As the director of Novus Medical Detox, I often see patients who are on alcohol or opioids, central nervous system depressants, also taking antidepressants. When they detox they find they don't need the antidepressants.
This is good news because a Swedish study showed that 52% of the 2006 suicides by women on antidepressants. Since antidepressants work no better than placebos and are less effective than exercise in dealing with depression.
There is a prescription drug epidemic and these are leaders in the list of terrible abuses.
Steve Hayes
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_......

"When the drugs don't work, try talking."

Since: Feb 08

Granbury, TX

#4 Mar 3, 2008
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_sty...

I'm sorry .. that link did not come through previously.
exp

United States

#5 Mar 3, 2008
I was involved in several clinical trials of new anti-dipressants (as a researcher....). There is a little benifit from some, but most, not only don't work, they can cause some or a lot of harm. See what they can do: www.adverse-drug-reaction.net

Since: Nov 08

Almaty, Kazakhstan

#6 Nov 22, 2008
Antidepressants really help me. I get it online from http://genericpills24.com/anti-depressants.ht... I think that these medications are very effective

“Spirit Warrior”

Since: Oct 08

Indian Hill Lake

#7 Nov 22, 2008
Pharmonl wrote:
Antidepressants really help me. I get it online from http://genericpills24.com/anti-depressants.ht... I think that these medications are very effective
Another cyber snake oil monger. I think this website is potentially a very dangerous site and you should find a different job before you reap what you're sewing, praying on depressed, sometimes desparate people.

And I don't believe all those anecdotal testimonials are legit anymore than you are.

“Spirit Warrior”

Indian Hill Lake

#8 Nov 22, 2008
exp wrote:
I was involved in several clinical trials of new anti-dipressants (as a researcher....). There is a little benifit from some, but most, not only don't work, they can cause some or a lot of harm. See what they can do: www.adverse-drug-reaction.net
Thank you exp! I most certainly agree!

There are many natural means of combating depression. Proper diet, exercise, especially in the form of walking, socializing with positive people.

Restful sleep and plenty of it.

Studying natural supplements and herbals and making good choices about including some as a healthy part of your diet and lifestyle.

Many people don't realize this but WORK is therapy.(Too much time sitting around with your mind on your self and your self on your mind is depressing).

Choose things that are cumulatively helpful in a acquiring a healthy body and mind.

It's true some of us are more high strung, or possibly have stressful jobs or lifestyles. All the more reason to make natural choices instead of reaching for a bottle of pills or alcohol.

My recent study of L-Theanine, a natural antidepressant substance found most abundantly in a particular type of green tea was fascinating. I ended up buying a transdermal creame of L-Theanine at the health food store to try it, and was told by a woman who uses it that it does "take the edge off", and takes about a week for it to kick in. I would much rather use this than a pharmaceutical with God only knows what harmful side effects.

My own depression, panic attacks and suicidal intentions were not helped by pills. but aggravated instead. In one way or another spirituality is the key to true and lasting healing. But prayer only helps those who practice it.

“Spirit Warrior”

Indian Hill Lake

#9 Nov 22, 2008
detoxer wrote:
Steve Hayes
I believe the report is accurate. I've even saved the link for future reference. And your program is probably a very good one as far as detox clinics go, but the problem is that most people can't afford to go to these clinics. They turn in desparation to either legal or illegal drugs, neither of which work, and the cycle is perpetuated.
Nina Claunch

San Jose, CA

#10 Dec 3, 2011
Any medicine would have different effect in each person because of different reasons. The people who have a positive effect may have a good reaction with the drug while those who had unfavorable results may have something in them that have reacted differently with the medicine. You can check out http://www.paxilbirthdefectlaw.com/paxil-side... for certain side effects in taking Paxil.
Ibri

Germany

#12 Sep 15, 2013
have been researching for months and reading reviews for each pharmacy and finally decided to take the plunge and order from one. After coming to the conclusion http://goo.gl/bLFWQG seemed the most safest and had the best feedback I ordered my pills. Was very apprehensive at first due to cc fraud, ell and they are good i would definetely recommend and purchase againspam and being generally ripped off (have not received one spam email and no cc fraud) order process and checkout was simple.
placed my order on my debit card and was charged straight away and received confirmation email immediately. choose the speedy del trackable and was advised del would be 7-9 days and order was placed on the 08/01. was just about to email them today to chase up as now 15 days but behold package had been posted through my door. packaging seems as shown on webiste. apart from small delay on advertised shipping time i have been generally please with the pharmacy.
wont be taking the pills for another few weeks yet but all going well and they are good i would definetely recommend and purchase again from them.
Marcus
#13 Sep 23, 2013
I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Depression Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mayo Clinic Offers New Genetic Test to Help Man... (Jul '06) 2 hr linda bekket 37
News Sleeping pills, anxiety meds may shorten lives (Nov '10) 20 hr Thatcat 40
News Lesbian, gay and bisexual teenagers also contem... Aug 18 Rev Don Wildmoan 17
News Mindfulness combats depression for disadvantage... Aug 16 Spotted Girl 5
News Accutane Side Effects Exposed: Side Effects of ... (Feb '07) Aug 16 Seanymac 2,558
botcho cream for buttocks/hip enlargment (Sep '12) Aug 14 Shoj 30
News Families Call For More Research Into Treating A... Aug 13 VACCINES CAUSE AU... 1
More from around the web