Black men who repress responses to racism experience more depression

Mar 16, 2012 Full story: PsyWeb 28

Hammond studied something called everyday racism which is the kind of subtle racism that happened every day in persistent small ways.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“My hand is over my crotch.”

Since: Jan 10

It's time to put it to use

#1 Mar 17, 2012
That man is cute,

Since: Oct 09

Paris France

#3 Mar 17, 2012
emperorjohn wrote:
That man is cute,
but sir the reality he is studying is not cute at all :

"Hammond studied something called everyday racism which is the kind of subtle racism that happened every day in persistent small ways."

It blows up the Republican-America-is-color blind bubble ...

a whiteboi
Michael

Anonymous Proxy

#4 Mar 17, 2012
Nobody is saying that Africa needs diversity.
Nobody is saying that Asia needs diversity.
They are already 100% diverse.
People are only telling White children in White countries that they need diversity.
White Countries will be 100% diverse when there are no White people left.
Diversity is a code-word for White genocide; anti-racist is a code word for anti-White.
WhiteRabbit

Auckland, New Zealand

#5 Mar 17, 2012
It is celebrated if someone has BLACK PRIDE
It is celebrated if someone has BROWN PRIDE
And it is celebrated if someone has ASIAN PRIDE
But to have WHITE PRIDE is RACIST!
CAN ANYONE SEE WHAT IS WRONG HERE?
ANTI WHITE PRIDE IS ANTI-WHITE!

#6 Mar 17, 2012
Michael wrote:
Nobody is saying that Africa needs diversity.
Nobody is saying that Asia needs diversity.
They are already 100% diverse.
People are only telling White children in White countries that they need diversity.
White Countries will be 100% diverse when there are no White people left.
Diversity is a code-word for White genocide; anti-racist is a code word for anti-White.
Keep complaining. There are millions of whgites in non white countries but you are not complaining about that.
Emden

Ridgefield, NJ

#7 Mar 17, 2012
Thanks to the internet, titles don't mean sh_t, the jungle makes its own laws. Anti-racist is a code word for anti-White.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#8 Mar 18, 2012
The anti-white Establishment gives non-whites a license to be "racist" against whites,they fund non-white "racist" groups,while ONLY bashing white people for "racism".

Likewise,it`s only white countries having mass immigration and "assimilation" imposed on them in the name of,you guessed it,"anti-racism".

It is a program of genocide.

Anti-racist is a code word for anti-white.
Sheik Yerbouti

Doylestown, PA

#9 Mar 18, 2012
Listen to (c)rap 'music' and you will hear the most vile racist lyrics promoting violence against whites. In Zimbabwe mugabe and his Marxist thugs stole the land from white farmers and now they are starving. At one time Rhodesia fed all of Africa thanks to advanced technology and farming methods introduced by whites. Unfortunately many in the west find this kind of racism to be acceptable.
Sadbutrue

Chantilly, VA

#11 Mar 18, 2012
emperorjohn wrote:
That man is cute,
MACEO

Sounds like you need an OVERHAUL IN YOUR LIFE! When are you going to DIE? Please do!

African-American men who believe they should respond to acts of racial discrimination with emotional control experience more depression than those who act on their own indignation. This is according to a new study from University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.

“We know that traditional role expectations are that men will restrict their emotions – or ‘take stress like a man,’” said author Wizdom Power Hammond, PhD, assistant professor of health behavior in UNC’s Gillings School of Global Public Health.“However, the more tightly some men cling to these traditional role norms, the more likely they are to be depressed. It also is clear that adherence to traditional role norms is not always harmful to men. But we don’t know a lot about how these norms shape how African-American men confront stressors, especially those that are race-related.”

Hammond studied something called everyday racism which is the kind of subtle racism that happened every day in persistent small ways.

“It chips away at people’s sense of humanity and very likely at their hope and optimism,” said Hammond.“We don’t know why some men experience depression while others do not.”

Everyday racism triggered depression across all age groups, younger men more so than other ages. The results were more relationships than causal explanations.

“It seems as though there may be a cumulative burden or long-term consequences of suffering such persistent discriminator slights and hassles in silence,” Hammond explained.“Or next task is to determine when embracing traditional role norms are harmful or helpful to African-American men’s mental health.”

Hammond pointed out that not all African-American men are alike. Still, it is important to find the ones that are vulnerable to depressive symptoms and intervene early.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#12 Mar 18, 2012
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text> Keep complaining. There are millions of whgites in non white countries but you are not complaining about that.
Millions of welcomed white tourists,wealthy ex-pats and guest workers in non-white countries in no way compares to the 100`s of millions of non-whites that have been invited to permanently colonize and take over white countries by the anti-white cult,OR the fact that we are ordered to "assimilate" ourselves out of existence with them,which also is not being forced on non-whites in non-white countries.

Don`t you worry,our fellow white citizens will keep demanding an open discussion in the public discourse about the anti-white cult`s global white genocide agenda in these supposedly "free countries".

#13 Mar 18, 2012
SpencerNorris wrote:
<quoted text>
Millions of welcomed white tourists,wealthy ex-pats and guest workers in non-white countries in no way compares to the 100`s of millions of non-whites that have been invited to permanently colonize and take over white countries by the anti-white cult,OR the fact that we are ordered to "assimilate" ourselves out of existence with them,which also is not being forced on non-whites in non-white countries.
Don`t you worry,our fellow white citizens will keep demanding an open discussion in the public discourse about the anti-white cult`s global white genocide agenda in these supposedly "free countries".
Idiot 2 million whites live in SA. Whites live in Zimbawe althrough Robert Mugabe is trying to chase them out. There are white people living in South America and here in North America.
American

Hawaiian Gardens, CA

#15 May 2, 2012
This message is for those posting paranoid remarks about some massive conspiracy against white people. First, study your history if you can read; I mean history from sources other than Aryan Nation publishers. Second, America is not a white man's country. Do you want to talk genocide? Just take a look at white European ancestors who took death and destruction with them wherever their greedy colonial trade took them. If they're your papa's papa's papa, maybe you should think twice about claiming America and most of the world as white man's possession. Third, the rest of the non-white world is rising and emerging from the economic oppression of centuries of colonial rule by, um, white people. They are starting to take their rightful place as human beings just like you. This means non-white people rise and white people fall back to earth. White people should get used to earning their keep like everyone else on earth. You should get used to a changing face of your beloved America because it was never a white country. Forth, there are historical white countries, just move to Europe.

“You can't handle the truth.”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#16 May 2, 2012
emperorjohn wrote:
That man is cute,
Are you gay?

Location hidden

#17 May 2, 2012
LOL, listen to the Crackerzoids bitch and moan! The sound of the pigs' dying squeals is music to my ears. While those birth rates are declining at massive levels the only resort they have is to come onto the Internet on obscure forums and express their frustration because they know they can't do or say anything about it IRL! LOL, I love it.
Fenriz

United States

#18 May 2, 2012
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text> Keep complaining. There are millions of whgites in non white countries but you are not complaining about that.
Non whites don't deserve their own countries.

Location hidden

#19 May 2, 2012
January 1st, 2050 should be named an international holiday! We can call it "Day of the Roasted Pig"! LOL
NoMo Rhesus Monkeys

United States

#20 May 2, 2012
BLACK AMERICAN PRINCE wrote:
January 1st, 2050 should be named an international holiday! We can call it "Day of the Roasted Pig"! LOL
Black people were on the earth 60,000 years before the bowels of hell opened it's hellish mouth to spew these offsprings of a Rhesus monkey out of the caucus hellish caves of darkness.

Cold and no sun light, they huddled up to anything with fur and one thing led to another until bestiality became their way of life.

We'd better watch these cave beast, they are trying to procreate with sheep, dogs, cows and knot holes in a tree.
THE RELIC

United States

#21 May 2, 2012
I hope AA's understand why I keep telling them to whine, cry, holler and stop ignoring these idiots. That is what racists do not want us to do, they want us to stop posting, accept their bull schitt by "ignoring" them.

To ignore racist does two things

1. Ignoring racists builds their confidence
2. Ignoring racists reduces AA's confidence

What the hell do I know? When AA's went on boycott from this forum, some dumb azzes said all that MOSES wanted to do was fight with racists.

Racists will call ya cry baby, sissy, DL and guilt trip AA's into shutting up and AA's that don't know fall prey to that schitt by shutting up or "trying" to ignore them.

DOES IT LOOK LIKE IGNORING THESE RACIST IDIOTS WORKED OR DID THEY MULTIPLY?

Lastly, if AA's keep backing up or try to avoid racist, ya azz will get depressed, feelings or worthlessness and out of control will wear ya azzes out.

1. Mentally
2. Physically

I AIN'T SHUTTING UP FOR NO BODY!
THE RELIC

United States

#23 May 2, 2012
BigHead wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet you are one of the small ones. If you know what I mean...lol!
This mofo worked for me and admitted it.

How many white people on this forum work for you?
Your shift will be over in a few hours?
----------
0h-Really | 37 min ago

Hey, if I'm so stupid, why did you hire me?
THE RELIC

United States

#24 May 2, 2012
0h-Really | 37 min ago

0h-Really | 37 min ago

0h-Really | 37 min ago

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Depression Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Turmeric enhances mood in depression research t... Sep 26 HumanSpirit 1
Depression and Anxiety (Apr '13) Sep 26 Linna001 11
You Have Depression Sep 26 HumanSpirit 5
FDA Removes Suicide Warning From Quit-Smoking Drug Sep 25 Smokers suck blow 4
Polarity index of pharmacological agents used f... Sep 25 jcannon 1
Erie ranks 4th among most depressed U.S. regions (Aug '11) Sep 24 feelin better 63
How long before feeling the effects of Zoloft (... Sep 23 butterflyfairies72 43

Depression People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE