Are we over-diagnosing mental illness?

Mar 16, 2013 Full story: news4jax.com 53

To ease the heartache of her first child's stillbirth, Kelli Montgomery chose rigorous exercise, yoga and meditation over the antidepressants and sleeping pills that her physicians immediately suggested.

Read more
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
AUTISM 4 DUMMIES

Winnipeg, Canada

#43 Apr 8, 2013
Austinite wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, that was a typo.
yeah typo negative
Austinite

Austin, TX

#44 Apr 8, 2013
AUTISM 4 DUMMIES wrote:
<quoted text> yeah typo negative
Typ O Negative was a good band.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#45 Apr 9, 2013
AUTISM 4 DUMMIES wrote:
<quoted text> And you are a bozo who contributes nothing to the topic.
You should stop projecting.
Vaccines Cause ADHD

Winnipeg, Canada

#46 Apr 9, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You should stop projecting.
you should stop posting
Future doc

UK

#47 Apr 10, 2013
Yeah that's true actually. they immediately give some kind of medicine. To be honest if your someone like my mum who feels she has to get some prescription when she goes to the doctors and doctors aren't bothered to say no and argue they just give.
All these medicines stop you body working naturally to stop depression. look at the effects of Prozac and ecstasy. So many people are given it and with long term use their body becomes so dependant on it that without it they become more depressed than original. It is a drug and doctors prescribing it are making people addicted. Teach people to use their own body as a diagnosis

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#48 Apr 13, 2013
Future doc wrote:
Yeah that's true actually. they immediately give some kind of medicine. To be honest if your someone like my mum who feels she has to get some prescription when she goes to the doctors and doctors aren't bothered to say no and argue they just give.
All these medicines stop you body working naturally to stop depression. look at the effects of Prozac and ecstasy. So many people are given it and with long term use their body becomes so dependant on it that without it they become more depressed than original. It is a drug and doctors prescribing it are making people addicted. Teach people to use their own body as a diagnosis
Actually, you do realize that most medicine is just purified natural chemicals the body needs to survive anyway, right? Purified so you don't have to guess or consume a bunch of other junk to get what you need, which that other junk could kill you and is the cause of other ailments later in life. So, do you want a short, natural, full of junk life, or a long, healthy, purer one? If you want a long healthy purer life, take meds instead of eating junk.
MMR CAUSES AUTISM

Winnipeg, Canada

#49 Apr 13, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you do realize that most medicine is just purified natural chemicals the body needs to survive anyway, right? Purified so you don't have to guess or consume a bunch of other junk to get what you need, which that other junk could kill you and is the cause of other ailments later in life. So, do you want a short, natural, full of junk life, or a long, healthy, purer one? If you want a long healthy purer life, take meds instead of eating junk.
What a stool sample

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#50 Apr 14, 2013
MMR CAUSES AUTISM wrote:
<quoted text>What a stool sample
Actually, based on your moniker, you are the "stool sample." Thanks to modern technology and medicine, you have enough free time to sit around not thinking, just like excrement.
Voice Of Reason

Winnipeg, Canada

#51 Apr 14, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, based on your moniker, you are the "stool sample." Thanks to modern technology and medicine, you have enough free time to sit around not thinking, just like excrement.
have you been diagnosed yet? HURRY
xxx

Jaipur, India

#52 Aug 22, 2013
Good thread and nice flaming.
Less Vaccines

Winnipeg, Canada

#53 Aug 22, 2013
Ryder
#55 Sep 23, 2013
I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.
Sara-Ann

UK

#57 Jan 30, 2014
I've been on Effexor from http://goo.gl/3FuqC7 only one week but am cautiously very optimistic. Prior to this I was on citalopram but still feeling very low and sleeping poorly, feeling like I needed to be in bed 12-16 hours a day. Now I am waking naturally after only 8 hours sleep and finding it much easier to concentrate at work. I can hardly believe it is working so quickly but I feel so much better. I've had no side effects.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Depression Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colorado sees uptick in teenagers reporting sig... 1 hr hunter 1
News Neighbors Walk for Awareness 1 hr depressionman22 1
News Novel is a deluge of depression Fri depressionman22 1
News Roseroot herb shows promise as potential depres... Mar 26 hunter 2
News Depression and One Woman's Lifelong Fight Mar 26 depressionman22 1
News Specialized care for youth with mental health p... Mar 23 31 years an RN 6
News Mental health alert: Many senior citizens suffe... (May '09) Mar 22 Elise Gingerich 16
More from around the web