Suicide: a growing problem

Suicide: a growing problem

There are 62 comments on the Erie Times News story from Jan 21, 2013, titled Suicide: a growing problem. In it, Erie Times News reports that:

Suicide is a major public health problem. Every year more than 31,000 people die in the United States by suicide.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Erie Times News.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#45 Feb 4, 2014
Doctor Death wrote:
Suicide .....Is a problem that corrects itself,every successful suicide means there is one less to keep on suicide watch, hire a shrink or prescribe medication for.
Quite the ray of sunshine, aren't you? Perhaps you need a hug.....

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#46 Feb 4, 2014
Blinny wrote:
I've been on Effexor from http://goo.gl/3FuqC7 only one week but am cautiously very optimistic. Prior to this I was on citalopram but still feeling very low and sleeping poorly, feeling like I needed to be in bed 12-16 hours a day. Now I am waking naturally after only 8 hours sleep and finding it much easier to concentrate at work. I can hardly believe it is working so quickly but I feel so much better. I've had no side effects.
Is this a Doctor's prescription, or are you just ordering it online?
Anonymous

Pune, India

#47 Feb 4, 2014
yes that is true.
Vaccines Cause Bi Polar

Winnipeg, Canada

#48 Feb 4, 2014
AdamlanzaVaccineVictim wrote:
<quoted text> Hey nuts sucker your prisons are over capacity now. How many are there for gun crimes. But you probably know that from personal experience. I guess every police officer and prison guards are liberals then? What a dufus.
Yeah
Vaccines Cause Bi Polar

Winnipeg, Canada

#49 Feb 4, 2014
AdamLanzaVaccineVictim wrote:
Suicide is connected to mental illness. Mental illness can start with vaccines. James Holmes and Adam Lanza were vaccine injury victims who became mass shooters intent on dieing at the same time. Columbine is another act of murder suicide.
interesting
jasper

Erie, PA

#50 Aug 17, 2014
the police force especially local do not have the training or patience to handle people who have problems.Make an arrest file charges ---Guilty---lets screw somebodys life up ask questions later. aint it great
jasper

Erie, PA

#52 Aug 17, 2014
just proved my point ---be safe
Clown Catcher Jr

Erie, PA

#53 Aug 17, 2014
Clown Catcher wrote:
<quoted text>
Grow up jasper, We live in the real world. The cops aren't supposed to be your mental health therapists. Get help for your own family members instead of blaming the cops for the consequences of YOUR inaction. Blame the cops for your failure to act---aint it great.
Grow up clown catcher, We live in the real world. The americans aren't supposed to be the world police force . Get help for your own syrian family members instead of blaming obama for the consequences of YOUR inaction. Blame the obamadong for your failure to act---aint it great.
hhhmmmmm seems like with your train of thought you proved that you're a facist rightwinger who wants a police state. how's your brown shirt?
Sideshow Bob

Erie, PA

#54 Aug 17, 2014
Suicide prevention is simple: Go out for a steak, come home and rub one out, then take a nap. You can't NOT feel better after all that.
Monica

Sharon, PA

#55 Aug 17, 2014
Sideshow Bob wrote:
Suicide prevention is simple: Go out for a steak, come home and rub one out, then take a nap. You can't NOT feel better after all that.
I have to agree with that, although my meal of choice would be something other than a steak.
Gender War Pig

Erie, PA

#56 Aug 17, 2014
Monica wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to agree with that, although my meal of choice would be something other than a steak.
So what is it that you like to eat Monica?
Fat Saul Da Jew

Erie, PA

#58 Aug 20, 2014
Pin Head wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't tell us you play for the other team. would your meal be "red snapper" all you can eat?
Come on now Mike"itis" you know you love snapper. Caught you again. Rock on "bro."
Buddy Hinton

Erie, PA

#59 Aug 20, 2014
Fat Saul Da Jew wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on now Mike"itis" you know you love snapper. Caught you again. Rock on "bro."
Over here Mike! Have you EVER won a game of hide and seek? You couldn't find your way out of a paper bag. On second thought they don't make a paper bag big enough to fit your head in do they.
Fat Saul Da Jew

Erie, PA

#60 Aug 20, 2014
Ready or not here I come.....now will you please play the game of suicide. Hope you go for it real soon. Don't get mad bro, just make sure you do it right.
Buddy Hinton

Erie, PA

#61 Aug 20, 2014
Fat Saul Da Jew wrote:
Ready or not here I come.....now will you please play the game of suicide. Hope you go for it real soon. Don't get mad bro, just make sure you do it right.
Jerry Lewis is the king of comedy and you are the king of killer come-backs Mike. Your wit is just devastating. You still have a giant head.
Fat Saul Da Jew

Erie, PA

#62 Aug 20, 2014
Buddy Hinton wrote:
<quoted text>
Jerry Lewis is the king of comedy and you are the king of killer come-backs Mike. Your wit is just devastating. You still have a giant head.
Thank you Mike"itis" now put the gun in your mouth and call it an unexciting existence.
Monica

Sharon, PA

#63 Aug 20, 2014
Monica wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't eat meat.
Fat Saul Da Jew

Erie, PA

#64 Aug 20, 2014
Fat Saul Da Jew wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Mike"itis" now put the gun in your mouth and call it an unexciting existence.

Are you ready yet?
Shiny

Waterford, PA

#65 Aug 20, 2014
Suicide is their problem, not mine....so let them do what they want...it will free up resources for efforts to actually take care of the sick
can I tickle ur tofu

Erie, PA

#66 Aug 20, 2014
Monica wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't eat meat.
But would you be willing to put some in your mouth for a few minutes?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Depression Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Most adults with depression aren't treated, stu... Dec 3 caggi 3
botcho cream for buttocks/hip enlargment (Sep '12) Dec 2 Love 37
News Newsreader Mark Austin reveals daughter's battl... Dec 1 ANOREXIA VACCINES 1
News Mayo Clinic Offers New Genetic Test to Help Man... (Jul '06) Nov 29 Jan 38
News "Lover, Beloved" is Suzanne Vega's tribute to... Nov 21 George John 1
News Could Gay-Straight Alliances Reduce Bullying? Nov '16 Buybull Mullahs 1
News Neuroscientists identify two neuron populations... Oct '16 Stephany McDowell 1
More from around the web