Causes of Depression

Since: Nov 08

Kollam, India

#1 Nov 7, 2008
Hi mates,
I am here to reveal the causes of depression. There is no single known cause of depression. Rather, it likely results from a combination of genetic, biochemical, environmental, and psychological factors.
Research indicates that depressive illnesses are disorders of the brain. Brain-imaging technologies, such as magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), have shown that the brains of people who have depression look different than those of people without depression. The parts of the brain responsible for regulating mood, thinking, sleep, appetite and behavior appear to function abnormally. In addition, important neurotransmitters–chemicals that brain cells use to communicate–appear to be out of balance. But these images do not reveal why the depression has occurred.
Some types of depression tend to run in families, suggesting a genetic link. However, depression can occur in people without family histories of depression as well. Genetics research indicates that risk for depression results from the influence of multiple genes acting together with environmental or other factors. In addition, trauma, loss of a loved one, a difficult relationship, or any stressful situation may trigger a depressive episode. Subsequent depressive episodes may occur with or without an obvious trigger.
Real Healing

United States

#2 Nov 7, 2008
jerry345 wrote:
Hi mates,
I am here to reveal the causes of depression. There is no single known cause of depression. Rather, it likely results from a combination of genetic, biochemical, environmental, and psychological factors.
Research indicates that depressive illnesses are disorders of the brain. Brain-imaging technologies, such as magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), have shown that the brains of people who have depression look different than those of people without depression. The parts of the brain responsible for regulating mood, thinking, sleep, appetite and behavior appear to function abnormally. In addition, important neurotransmitters–chemicals that brain cells use to communicate–appear to be out of balance. But these images do not reveal why the depression has occurred.
Some types of depression tend to run in families, suggesting a genetic link. However, depression can occur in people without family histories of depression as well. Genetics research indicates that risk for depression results from the influence of multiple genes acting together with environmental or other factors. In addition, trauma, loss of a loved one, a difficult relationship, or any stressful situation may trigger a depressive episode. Subsequent depressive episodes may occur with or without an obvious trigger.
This is the kind of BS the so -called "mental health industry" spoon feeds people BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE THE ANSWERS AND CAN'T HELP ANYONE!!
How do I know??? Because I tried that for 7 long agonizing years. It's total BS.
Or, you could so something that really works.
Trying to "fix" our soul sicknesses, like depression, never works because it's a spiritual problem manifesting in the natural.
Eating right and getting enough rest are things that God expects us to do anyway to take care of our bodies. No biggie there.
Repentance for spiritual sins is a big step toward healing.
Many illnesses, including mental illness is linked to anger, rage, bitterness and unforgiveness, unconfessed sins, etc.
It takes repentance and the blood of Christ to wash our sins away, and start the healing process.
Read the testimonies. These are not fables, but real accounts of those who've received supernatural healing and deliverance from depression and suicide.
http://christianity.about.com/od/depressionan...

Since: May 07

Piedmont/Triad Area, NC

#3 Nov 7, 2008
Real Healing wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the kind of BS the so -called "mental health industry" spoon feeds people BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE THE ANSWERS AND CAN'T HELP ANYONE!!
How do I know??? Because I tried that for 7 long agonizing years. It's total BS.
Or, you could so something that really works.
Trying to "fix" our soul sicknesses, like depression, never works because it's a spiritual problem manifesting in the natural.
Eating right and getting enough rest are things that God expects us to do anyway to take care of our bodies. No biggie there.
Repentance for spiritual sins is a big step toward healing.
Many illnesses, including mental illness is linked to anger, rage, bitterness and unforgiveness, unconfessed sins, etc.
It takes repentance and the blood of Christ to wash our sins away, and start the healing process.
Read the testimonies. These are not fables, but real accounts of those who've received supernatural healing and deliverance from depression and suicide.
I'm sure you've been praying for those 7 long agonizing years too.
It doesn't sound like your prayers are being answered.
And it's not looking too good for that supernatural healing either.
Maybe that's the BS.

Oh wait, maybe it's 'God's will' that you're depressed & suicidal.
I mean, obviously you're not doing something right.

Inspiring testimony.

“Got my High from the Most High”

Stroud

#4 Nov 7, 2008
UpAtNite wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure you've been praying for those 7 long agonizing years too.
It doesn't sound like your prayers are being answered.
And it's not looking too good for that supernatural healing either.
Maybe that's the BS.
Oh wait, maybe it's 'God's will' that you're depressed & suicidal.
I mean, obviously you're not doing something right.
Inspiring testimony.
No, as a matter of fact, I was an devoted atheist for those 7 long years, and probably hated God just about as much as you do or more.

But wait...I'm not depressed anymore! Or an atheist. Remember, I said I was supernaturally, and miraculously healed?

So, no, it wasn't God's will that I was depressed and suicidal, or he wouldn't have healed me.

He heals a lot of people.....at least those who come to him with sincere repentant hearts.

Since: May 07

Piedmont/Triad Area, NC

#5 Nov 7, 2008
Real Healing 4 You wrote:
<quoted text>
No, as a matter of fact, I was an devoted atheist for those 7 long years, and probably hated God just about as much as you do or more.
But wait...I'm not depressed anymore! Or an atheist. Remember, I said I was supernaturally, and miraculously healed?
So, no, it wasn't God's will that I was depressed and suicidal, or he wouldn't have healed me.
He heals a lot of people.....at least those who come to him with sincere repentant hearts.
You assume:
-that you know anything about me
-that I am an atheist
-that I hate God
-that Atheists hate God
-that Atheists are devoted to hating God
-that I am not sincere, or repentant, or that I am
-that I am not a Christian

Don't assume that you know anything about me.
Voice of What For

AOL

#6 Nov 7, 2008
Somebody just got told "What For"

Stroud

#7 Nov 7, 2008
UpAtNite wrote:
<quoted text>
You assume:
-that you know anything about me
-that I am an atheist
-that I hate God
-that Atheists hate God
-that Atheists are devoted to hating God
-that I am not sincere, or repentant, or that I am
-that I am not a Christian
Don't assume that you know anything about me.
Ok, I won't assume anything about you.

I won't even assume that you have any hostility toward me.

Or even assume you were assuming anything about me in your first post to me,(even though I'm almost 100% positive you were.)

Stroud

#8 Nov 7, 2008
For every Christian with a testimony, there's at least a legion of demons trying to block them.

Javion
#9 Sep 25, 2013
I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.
Phaidra

UK

#10 Jan 30, 2014
I've been on Effexor from http://goo.gl/TRCx1y only one week but am cautiously very optimistic. Prior to this I was on citalopram but still feeling very low and sleeping poorly, feeling like I needed to be in bed 12-16 hours a day. Now I am waking naturally after only 8 hours sleep and finding it much easier to concentrate at work. I can hardly believe it is working so quickly but I feel so much better. I've had no side effects.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Depression Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Harsher policies under Trump reportedly damage ... Dec 15 Wildchild 6
News The AWEsome connection between our brain chemis... Nov '17 humanspirit 3
News Reading the Mind at Risk Nov '17 humanspirit 1
News Are You Depressed? Check Yourself for Warning S... Nov '17 humanspirit 1
News Smartphone-Based Interventions for Depression Nov '17 humanspirit 1
News Depression treatment online (Sep '07) Nov '17 Ser Jhon 3
News Penn students and faculty share the process, ch... Oct '17 Humanspirit 1
More from around the web