depression? circumstantial or clinical?

depression? circumstantial or clinical?

Posted in the Depression Forum

ShaWen

Menora, Australia

#1 Dec 18, 2006
hey, ShaWen is a name i just made up on the spot, i prefer not to use my real name
im a 16 year old guy, with a few good friends
i suffer from some form of depression and i sometimes feel like i dont quite wanna kill myself but i just dont wanna live? life sucks... but its better than nothing.... isnt it? im terribly lonely and im not sure why...i have great friends and family.....but ive been single for about 6 months now (yeah i know its shit all but it sucks nevertheless) i dont have a self image... im too unsure to hold one.... i dont know whether i just have bad luck.... or what but i dont think im ugly... and neither do most of the people i know (i have the kind of honest relationships where they would actually tell me the truth) anyway i get looks from girls occasionally.... but i never really get thge chance to meet them... ive left school, i dont have a job at the moment but i plan to get one in the next few months. i get out alot... i go to the beach all the time (by myself... friends have school or work) but i never seem to get the opportunity to meet anyone... my previous relationships have been less than satisfying..... regretful even
im in counselling.... its kind of helping... i was going to go on some form of anti-depressants... but my grandfather passed away and i had to cancel the doctors appointment to attend the funeral... that was today as a matter of fact...
anyway im unsure of myself.... i cant see any end to this in the near future and i dont know how much i can withstand
im not religious... ill be an athiest till the day i die so please, spare me any comments telling me that god loves me :P that wont help me at all

i think my main problem... is that i need someone to fill that hole... i need affection that i cant get from friends or family and every day that i spend single... and alone.... a little bit more of my self esteem slips away

well... this seems to lead to nowhere but anyway... just my thoughts...
if you read this far, thanks because you obviously have alot of spare time
john henry

Oakdale, TN

#2 Dec 21, 2006
Sounds like you need to start a good exercise program. Get up and start doing pushups, situps and run a few miles. Exercise is good for you and it will make you look good and build your confidence...the babes will be hanging off of you in a few months if you work hard enough.

Life is great when you begin to feel your muscle grow and your strength increase....

Who knows, you might be the next Arnold Swartzeneger...or however he spells it.

Get up and get to work!! The babes await.
Zoompad

Knaresborough, UK

#3 Dec 21, 2006
john henry wrote:
Sounds like you need to start a good exercise program. Get up and start doing pushups, situps and run a few miles. Exercise is good for you and it will make you look good and build your confidence...the babes will be hanging off of you in a few months if you work hard enough.
Life is great when you begin to feel your muscle grow and your strength increase....
Who knows, you might be the next Arnold Swartzeneger...or however he spells it.
Get up and get to work!! The babes await.
Wow! Go for it!!!!
Abdiel
#4 Sep 24, 2013
I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.
Robena

UK

#6 Jan 30, 2014
I've been on Effexor from http://goo.gl/TRCx1y only one week but am cautiously very optimistic. Prior to this I was on citalopram but still feeling very low and sleeping poorly, feeling like I needed to be in bed 12-16 hours a day. Now I am waking naturally after only 8 hours sleep and finding it much easier to concentrate at work. I can hardly believe it is working so quickly but I feel so much better. I've had no side effects.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Depression Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Harsher policies under Trump reportedly damage ... 2 hr Wildchild 6
News The AWEsome connection between our brain chemis... Nov '17 humanspirit 3
News Reading the Mind at Risk Nov '17 humanspirit 1
News Are You Depressed? Check Yourself for Warning S... Nov '17 humanspirit 1
News Smartphone-Based Interventions for Depression Nov '17 humanspirit 1
News Depression treatment online (Sep '07) Nov '17 Ser Jhon 3
News Penn students and faculty share the process, ch... Oct '17 Humanspirit 1
More from around the web