"Ex-Gay" Conference Protest in Boston...

"Ex-Gay" Conference Protest in Boston 4/28

There are 88 comments on the queersunited.blogspot.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled "Ex-Gay" Conference Protest in Boston 4/28. In it, queersunited.blogspot.com reports that:

There will be a protest tomorrow in Boston, Massachusetts of the so called "ex-gay" conference by Exodus International which unsuccessfully attempts to alter sexual orientation and gender identity.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at queersunited.blogspot.com.

AcelibateGayChri stian

Miami, FL

#22 Apr 29, 2009
Mike wrote:
The ignorance regarding ex-gays here is really unbelievable. Talk to them. Afterall, they were once gay and know better than anyone of what they know.
"To those who believe no explanation is needed. To those who don't believe no explanation will suffice."
Mike, they don't want to "talk" to ex-gays. The gay establishment has a vested interest in denying the fact that sexuality can be changed.
Rose

North Hollywood, CA

#23 Apr 29, 2009
AcelibateGayChristian wrote:
<quoted text>
I simply referred to the gays rallying against freedom of thought. How is that denigrating anyone?
You lied about them.
It's a typical fundie tactic. Truth means nothing to you. You just want to scare people into hating gay people. You lie and say they people were rallying against "freedom of thought".
You denigrate people that way, and then act all innocent.
AcelibateGayChri stian

Miami, FL

#24 Apr 29, 2009
Blond Prince wrote:
There is no such thing as ex-gay. There are bi-sexuals and then there are liars.
It is not scientifically possible for a human to change sexual orientation.
Some people think they can fly so I place that group with the so called ex-gays. Start flapping your arms and see how long it takes you to be at 20 thousand feet.
There are medications out there for psychotics and anyone thinking he/she is ex hetero or ex gay is NUTS.
Your intolerance in matters of homosexuality is very sad.
huh

Palatine, IL

#25 Apr 29, 2009
AcelibateGayChristian wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike, they don't want to "talk" to ex-gays. The gay establishment has a vested interest in denying the fact that sexuality can be changed.
Not true.... they don't want to talk to those who claim that everyone can deceive their mind like they have. Many (not all) I believe are more bisexual that they care to identify themselves as.. And I do believe one can convince themselves to adapt to "norms" (whatever that means to them) and they may live happily the rest of their lives especially if they find a partner that is truly understanding. Others will eventually not live their lives to the fullest potential and never truly be happy with themselves.

“Fight bigotry.”

Since: Feb 07

Toms River, NJ

#26 Apr 29, 2009
And the "ex-gay" industry has a vested financial interest in peddling their snake oil.
AcelibateGayChristian wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike, they don't want to "talk" to ex-gays. The gay establishment has a vested interest in denying the fact that sexuality can be changed.
Zoompad

Manchester, UK

#27 Apr 29, 2009
OMG! I watched the attached movie.

It shows how ex-gay ministries used the excuse of religion to lock gay children up in concentration camps and murder their souls and spirits in cold blood using torture and brainwashing; WORSE than the 911 killers because they leave the children alive with no reason to live.

If you have been taken in by this propaganda, then you are pretty guillable.

Think about it - gay children. Children are children - they are innocent (or should be) because they have not yet experienced sexual urges.

If they have, then clearly, they have been sexually abused!

The television is one source of abuse. Do you think it is right for children to be fed relentless violence and sex?
Zoompad

Manchester, UK

#28 Apr 29, 2009
Heh heh heh, here's Tom, to have a kick at old Zoomy!
AcelibateGayChri stian

Miami, FL

#29 Apr 29, 2009
Rose wrote:
<quoted text>
You lied about them.
It's a typical fundie tactic. Truth means nothing to you. You just want to scare people into hating gay people. You lie and say they people were rallying against "freedom of thought".
You denigrate people that way, and then act all innocent.
Rose, what are you even talking about?? You've been very open about expressing your opposition to Christian freedom of speech.

They are rallying against the attendees at this conference simply because those attendees have an opinion different from their own...how is that a lie?
AcelibateGayChri stian

Miami, FL

#30 Apr 29, 2009
ACLU-Tom wrote:
And the "ex-gay" industry has a vested financial interest in peddling their snake oil.
<quoted text>
No, Tom, the ex-gay interest is trying to help gay men who don't want to live in that life. Its a personal choice that does not affect you.

Why are you so intolerant?
Rose

North Hollywood, CA

#31 Apr 29, 2009
AcelibateGayChristian wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose, what are you even talking about?? You've been very open about expressing your opposition to Christian freedom of speech.
They are rallying against the attendees at this conference simply because those attendees have an opinion different from their own...how is that a lie?
That's a like because they are NOT rallying against "freedom of thought".

“Fight bigotry.”

Since: Feb 07

Toms River, NJ

#32 Apr 29, 2009
It is absolutely normal for sixteen year olds, and that's what the young man in the video was, to have sexual urges, that happens once puberty hits. For you to say that sexual abuse had anything to do with it shows you're own depravity.
Zoompad wrote:
OMG! I watched the attached movie.
It shows how ex-gay ministries used the excuse of religion to lock gay children up in concentration camps and murder their souls and spirits in cold blood using torture and brainwashing; WORSE than the 911 killers because they leave the children alive with no reason to live.
If you have been taken in by this propaganda, then you are pretty guillable.
Think about it - gay children. Children are children - they are innocent (or should be) because they have not yet experienced sexual urges.
If they have, then clearly, they have been sexually abused!
The television is one source of abuse. Do you think it is right for children to be fed relentless violence and sex?

“Fight bigotry.”

Since: Feb 07

Toms River, NJ

#33 Apr 29, 2009
Actually I had posted well before your first post. Do you want me to kick you, nah, I wouldn't do that to a dog when it's down.
Zoompad wrote:
Heh heh heh, here's Tom, to have a kick at old Zoomy!
Dumazz

Palatine, IL

#34 Apr 29, 2009
AcelibateGayChristian wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Tom, the ex-gay interest is trying to help gay men who don't want to live in that life. Its a personal choice that does not affect you.
Why are you so intolerant?
Only men are gay? or are they only the ones you obsess about

“Fight bigotry.”

Since: Feb 07

Toms River, NJ

#35 Apr 29, 2009
Yet the all seem to be tied to right-wing hate ministries that have vicious anti-gay messages. But wait, there's more, we'll sell you a cure, with absolutely zero evidence that there's any change in a person's sexual orientation. How bloody convenient.
AcelibateGayChristian wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Tom, the ex-gay interest is trying to help gay men who don't want to live in that life. Its a personal choice that does not affect you.
Why are you so intolerant?
Robin Hood

Alpharetta, GA

#37 Apr 29, 2009
AcelibateGayChristian wrote:
How do you know what they were in the first place Robin?
Because a person's sexual orientation is inborn and unchangeable; just as eye color and skin color and hair color and facial features are unchangeable.

Example: You can die brown hair flourescent green *or* orange,*but* underneath, the hair is still brown and unchanged.

Parable: A person with bisexual orientation can marry the opposite sex; *or* a person with bisexual orientation can marry the same sex; *but* that bisexual person's orientation is still bisexual and unchanged.

Perhaps you are not understanding our answers because they don't apply to you. For some reason you are unable to grasp the concepts.

It is nearly impossible for us to hit home with the right answers to your questions with nothing to go on.

Is your body female?
AcelibateGayChri stian

Miami, FL

#38 Apr 29, 2009
Rose wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a like because they are NOT rallying against "freedom of thought".
Then what are they rallying against? You tell me so I can then inform you why you are either willfully or unintentionally lying.
AcelibateGayChri stian

Miami, FL

#39 Apr 29, 2009
Dumazz wrote:
<quoted text> Only men are gay? or are they only the ones you obsess about
I know more about gay men than lesbians. And unlike most in this forum, I don't discuss things I don't know about.
AcelibateGayChri stian

Miami, FL

#40 Apr 29, 2009
ACLU-Tom wrote:
Yet the all seem to be tied to right-wing hate ministries that have vicious anti-gay messages. But wait, there's more, we'll sell you a cure, with absolutely zero evidence that there's any change in a person's sexual orientation. How bloody convenient.
<quoted text>
What you call "vicious anti-gay messages" is actually the private religious beliefs of millions of Americans
AcelibateGayChri stian

Miami, FL

#41 Apr 29, 2009
ACLU-Tom wrote:
Yet the all seem to be tied to right-wing hate ministries that have vicious anti-gay messages. But wait, there's more, we'll sell you a cure, with absolutely zero evidence that there's any change in a person's sexual orientation. How bloody convenient.
<quoted text>
Tom, it seems to me what you are advocating for would be religious persecution.
AcelibateGayChri stian

Miami, FL

#42 Apr 29, 2009
Robin Hood wrote:
<quoted text>
Because a person's sexual orientation is inborn and unchangeable; just as eye color and skin color and hair color and facial features are unchangeable.
Example: You can die brown hair flourescent green *or* orange,*but* underneath, the hair is still brown and unchanged.
Parable: A person with bisexual orientation can marry the opposite sex; *or* a person with bisexual orientation can marry the same sex; *but* that bisexual person's orientation is still bisexual and unchanged.
Perhaps you are not understanding our answers because they don't apply to you. For some reason you are unable to grasp the concepts.
It is nearly impossible for us to hit home with the right answers to your questions with nothing to go on.
Is your body female?
Someone can easily say "God created everyone heterosexual. There is no way anyone can be born gay."

You sound just like them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Depression Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Can you be depressed and happy? 15 hr Jaimie 10
News Depression still a top problem in high schools 15 hr johnjones125 3
News New depression treatment from Magstim to be exh... 15 hr johnjones125 3
News Depression common after serious illness or medi... 15 hr johnjones125 4
News Natural Help For OCD Jul 27 Jaimie 3
News Viagra May Help Women (Jul '08) Jul 24 apotheke24 5
News The heavy-metal kids of the 1980s turned out to... Jul 23 Driver 3
More from around the web