Zoloft Side Effects

Zoloft Side Effects

There are 10 comments on the About.com story from Nov 1, 2011, titled Zoloft Side Effects. In it, About.com reports that:

This article lists Zoloft side effects. Zoloft - generic name sertraline - is an SSRI antidepressant that may be prescribed for the treatment of depression, bipolar disorder and other mental illnesses.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at About.com.

DelorisCain

Costa Mesa, CA

#1 Nov 24, 2011
Zoloft side effects may really be extreme and life-altering such as birth defects to newborns, suicidal thoughts and behaviors, psychosis, delusion, physical pain, sexual dysfunction and insomnia among others. You may refer to this website http://www.zoloftsertralinebirthdefects.com/z... for a more comprehensive discussion.
Anne Robert

Chicago, IL

#2 Dec 16, 2011
Zoloft, Paxil and other antidepressants are known to cause side effects that vary from person to person. For Paixl there have been claims of birth defects that were associated with its use. That is why the FDA has released a warning to caution people when using the drug.You can visit this link http://www.paxilbirthdefectlaw.com/paxil-fda-... to know more about it.
Jay

Miami, FL

#3 Feb 22, 2012
Zoloft does have side effects and at the beginning it probably wasn't always clearly stated to people. I think now it is and people should take these warnings seriously.

http://www.zoloftsideeffectsandbirthdefects.i...

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#4 Feb 22, 2012
Wow, lots of desperate spammers in here. What's the agenda? Are you psychotherapists who have lost business due to patients having success on medications?

Location hidden

#6 Feb 22, 2012
Vaccines Cause Autism wrote:
<quoted text>
You dunce, they are victims of Pharma's experimentation.
Sure they are, sure they are.

Get a life.

Location hidden

#8 Feb 22, 2012
Vaccines Cause Autism wrote:
<quoted text>
Have a life, and a brain that works. Get them yourself its obvious you're closed minded and ignorant of how the world works.
Says the dolt with his misguided and hilarious moniker. I smell a conspiracy theorist loner living in a crawlspace.
puppyluv

Waupun, WI

#9 Feb 23, 2012
Round 3..

Dont waste your breath on Vaccines cause Autism...it's clear he's/she's ignorant about SSRI's and vaccines, and most likely about many other things...poor soul.
Stinkfaerie

Liverpool, UK

#10 May 25, 2012
I took this horrible drug against me better nature because my GP informed me that it was a very gentle drug that would help me get through therapy. It was only ever going to be a short term thing. I took this medicine for 10 weeks.
It worked almost immediately. I stopped getting heart flutters, the panic attacks and hallucinatory anxiety attacks stopped.

However, after a while I got chronic stomach pains, everything I ingested left my body painfully after 15 minutes, even water or juice. I thought I had a tummy bug. Suffering severe dehydration and having so many medical tests to try to find what the poison was, turns out it was severe side effects. I pretty much couldn't stay out of the bathroom for 6 weeks, during which I stopped taking the Sertraline/zoloft product. A year later, the stomach and liver damage has not yet healed.

I'm glad to say my therapy was successful. I am happy in my life except for the lasting damage using this drug has left me with.

It changed the way my body behaves. I have used natural methods to heal the wounds from the constant bowel use. The IBS caused is kept under control with tumeric+cayenne+water solution. I can't party yet as my liver is still damaged. My energy levels are still low, My memory is sketchy. Because of the short term use of this drug I have been unfit for over year. I wish I had never used it.

Please look up natural ways to help your body heal. Pharmaceutical companies do not want to make you well. They want to make profit. I hope I get back to my usual energetic self soon.
Mekhi
#13 Sep 24, 2013
I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.
Cathleen

UK

#15 Jan 30, 2014
I've been on Effexor from http://goo.gl/TRCx1y only one week but am cautiously very optimistic. Prior to this I was on citalopram but still feeling very low and sleeping poorly, feeling like I needed to be in bed 12-16 hours a day. Now I am waking naturally after only 8 hours sleep and finding it much easier to concentrate at work. I can hardly believe it is working so quickly but I feel so much better. I've had no side effects.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Depression Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Scarcity of mental health care in Appalachia cr... 7 hr Humanspirit 1
News Should Other Doctors Have Access to Your Psychi... Oct 12 humanspirit 1
News When Your Child Needs Psychiatric Medication Oct 6 humanspirit 1
botcho cream for buttocks/hip enlargment (Sep '12) Oct 3 Lyndaa 42
News Sleeping pills, anxiety meds may shorten lives (Nov '10) Oct 3 pauseapp 42
News Asheville agencies address complexities of opio... Oct 1 Humanspirit 4
News Few kids receiving mental health care - Zeni (Jul '08) Sep 24 risk-of-early-death 20
More from around the web