Mayo Clinic Offers New Genetic Test to Help Manage Treatment fo...

Mayo Clinic is offering a new genetic test to help physicians identify patients who are likely to have side effects from drugs commonly used to treat depression. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
FBOMBER

Winkler, Canada

#23 Aug 5, 2011
Annette wrote:
I am a 46 year young female and I was on Lexapro for only 1-month and have lost 60-70% of my hair. I have bald spots on both sides of my head, on top of my head, the back and underneath. I am now forced to wear a wig! My Doctor and Pharmicist did not know about this side effect. It is devestating, embarrassing, and has made my self-esteem totaly void. This is something that should never have happened if I and my Doctor had been informed about this side effect.
Find a lawyer and sue.
Pietronella Friis

Laurel, MS

#26 Nov 18, 2011
This will be a great help to people who have yet to take antidepressants. Most people are not aware of the severe side effects of antidepressants like Paxil. So if they are diagnosed to have severe side effects when taking Paxil, doctors can avoid prescribing it to them. You can also check this site http://www.paxilbirthdefectlaw.com/paxil-laws... to get more info on Paxil.
Sam

Thornbury, Canada

#27 Jun 17, 2012
I've been on Paxil CR for a year, noticed hair thinning. I went on Lyrica and hair started coming out in clumps. I took pics of this. My hair has gone from thick like Brad Pitt, to old-man bald in 6 months. Stopping these meds is very hard due to withdrawal. I'm wondering if it will grow back now? Living with hair and without are two entirely different lives. People look up at my head now! I've lost all my confidence.
Olga

Lombard, IL

#28 Aug 3, 2012
The new genetic test to help manage treatment of depression is a good avenue to help reduce the number of people with the condition. http://www.zoloftlawsuithelpcenter.com/
kat

Asheville, NC

#29 Aug 3, 2012
test
kat

Asheville, NC

#30 Aug 3, 2012
I am happy to report that it has now been about a year since I quit Lexapro and my hair is once again as full and healthy as it once was. No more scalp sores etc. It took about 6 to 8 months off the Lexapro before I started noticing my hair was no longer coming out in brushfuls!
Garret

Ridder, Kazakhstan

#32 May 26, 2013
I have used http://qgeneric.info/#enfh for about 3 years and find their products to be reliable and speedily delivered. The Support team are very promt and helpful in solving any issues that arise,caused by my errors not the company's. I was a little sceptical initially about buying generic products rather than brand names. However, the Mens' Health products I have bought have been equally as efficatious as the brand names at a fraction of the cost.
Phillip

France

#39 Aug 1, 2013
I ordered from edmedrx.com for the first time and i definitely will again. Customer service is great! I inquired about my order as i had the wrong zip code on my mailing address and their customer support helped me right away. They were very helpful and also when you have any questions, they email you right back with answers. I would recommend them highly as they deliver what they promise!
Davin

Romania

#41 Aug 16, 2013
Naturally, I am skeptical of everything online. http://inhousegeneric.com is legitimate. I placed my first order for the smallest amount possible. It arrived sooner than expected. I didn't pay the extra money for speedy air mail. I placed another order that was much larger and it came right on time. I will definitely use this company again for even larger orders now that I trust them. They also give you discounts every time you place an order which is cool. One thing to keep in mind is if you place a larger order, they will send half in one shipment, and then the other half after that to avoid customs scrutinizing your package. I am very happy, I no longer need to pay tons of money to see a doctor and therapist (and have them tell me a bunch of stuff I already know) in order to get my medication.
Diane

Pullman, WA

#43 Aug 20, 2013
I was on Lexapro for a little over a week when I noticed excessive amounts of my hair falling out in the shower. I consulted my Dr. right away and he said that the drug is not the cause of my hair loss. He advised that I definitely not discontinue the drug. I am going to find another Dr.
Agustin

UK

#44 Sep 23, 2013
I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.
Glenn
#45 Sep 23, 2013
I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.
Leonel
#46 Sep 23, 2013
Winslow

Tokyo, Japan

#50 Oct 14, 2013
Naturally, I am skeptical of everything online. W-PHARMACY .COM is legitimate. I placed my first order for the smallest amount possible. It arrived sooner than expected. I didn't pay the extra money for speedy air mail. I placed another order that was much larger and it came right on time. I will definitely use this company again for even larger orders now that I trust them. They also give you discounts every time you place an order which is cool. One thing to keep in mind is if you place a larger order, they will send half in one shipment, and then the other half after that to avoid customs scrutinizing your package. I am very happy, I no longer need to pay tons of money to see a doctor and therapist (and have them tell me a bunch of stuff I already know) in order to get my medication.
Dorcas

UK

#52 Jan 30, 2014
I've been on Effexor from http://goo.gl/TRCx1y only one week but am cautiously very optimistic. Prior to this I was on citalopram but still feeling very low and sleeping poorly, feeling like I needed to be in bed 12-16 hours a day. Now I am waking naturally after only 8 hours sleep and finding it much easier to concentrate at work. I can hardly believe it is working so quickly but I feel so much better. I've had no side effects.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Depression Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How long before feeling the effects of Zoloft (... Thu DeniseT 41
Erie ranks 4th among most depressed U.S. regions (Aug '11) Wed feelin better 60
First blood test for depression proven to work Sep 16 robina 1
Are menopause and depression really connected? Sep 16 robina 1
The Lancet journals: Three-quarters of depresse... Aug 29 MMR CAUSES AUTISM 2
Adding therapy to meds may speed depression rec... Aug 29 robina 2
Is depression curable? Of course it is Aug 29 HumanSpirit 1
•••

Depression People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE