Please Help me. Im in need.

Please Help me. Im in need.

Posted in the Depression Forum

Since: Dec 13

Newton, IA

#1 Dec 29, 2013
Hey I'm 12 years old and I've been having some emotional problems lately. Earlier I had a strong urge to cut my self, I actually even held the knife to my wrist but I never have the nerve to do. I already take pills for depression but I feel like I need to do something more than that. You may think that I may just be overreacting but I have never been more serious in my life. I don't want to tell my mom about my urges because she'll just say "Dont let it get to you" but the thing is I really need help. I just don't want to see a therapist. Do you have
any suggestion on what I should do?
Leoni

Moonee Ponds, Australia

#2 Jan 3, 2014
Lindsey the urge to cut yourself is very, very real. However it is only that: just an urge. It is driven by emotion. Some people suffer the exact same emotional urge but instead they are urged to run or power walk, maybe join soccer and go hell for leather on the field. Try instead to focus that "urge" into a physical outlet.
This is the difference between cutters (self harmers) and extraordinary achievers. You all feel the same emotional pain, have a lot of emotional problems but where you direct it may make an extraordinary impact on your life. You may eventually be able to pluck others out of this dark tunnel, if you choose not to cut but to compete....
By competing you may come last often but you are there, YOU ARE THERE. At least YOU ARE a competitor and as such there truly is no last.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Depression Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Do You Have a Psychiatrist or a Therapist or BOTH? 4 hr Humanspirit 1
life live is worth it. get out there and LIVE L... Aug 3 A T Z Thomas 1
News New Hope for Depression Jul 27 humanspirit 1
News Depression in Kids: How Should It Be Treated? Jul 27 humanspirit 2
News 9 lifestyle changes could reduce your chances o... Jul 23 Emerald 4
News Why everyone - " LGBT or not - " should watch O... Jul 20 Eagle 12 - 23
The Stigma Jul '17 TTTNB 2
More from around the web