B.C. mom sues Pfizer after 22-year-ol...

B.C. mom sues Pfizer after 22-year-old daughter's suicide

There are 3 comments on the Vancouver Sun story from Apr 4, 2010, titled B.C. mom sues Pfizer after 22-year-old daughter's suicide. In it, Vancouver Sun reports that:

Patricia Clow holds a photograph of her daughter, Heidi, 22, with another photo behind her.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Vancouver Sun.

Depression

Toronto, Canada

#1 Apr 4, 2010
smokedbacon

United States

#3 Apr 9, 2010
Can Pfizer be trusted? Pfizer bought Pharmacia & Upjohn in April 2003. From 2001 through 2003, P&U, first as an independent company and then as a unit of Pfizer, paid doctors more than $5 million in cash to lure them to resorts, where salespeople illegally pitched off-label uses for Bextra, P&U admitted.
In her guilty plea, Holloway said her team had solicited hospitals to create protocols to buy Bextra for the unapproved purpose of acute pain relief. Her representatives didn't mention the increased risk of heart attacks in their marketing.
They told doctors that side effects were no worse than those of a sugar pill, Holloway said.
In 2003, Holloway reported her unit's off-label promotions of Bextra up the corporate ladder at Pfizer, according to a presentencing memo to the judge written by Robert Ullmann, Holloway's attorney. Top managers didn't attempt to halt the illegal conduct, the memo said.
Full story http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/...
Cyrus
#4 Sep 24, 2013
I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Depression Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Survey Finds High Numbers Of People Suffering F... Feb 3 humanspirit 1
News Nearly one in 10 Australians take antidepressan... Feb 1 humanspirit 1
News Bacolod Council backs mental health act for SCUs Jan 22 humanspirit 1
News Mental Health Services: The Luxury Donald Trump... Jan '18 humanspirit 1
News Few kids receiving mental health care - Zeni (Jul '08) Jan '18 free meds 4 kids eh 21
News Got the winter blues? It might be SAD Jan '18 humanspirit 1
News Woman aims to help parents estranged from children Jan '18 yup 2
More from around the web