Center helps Hispanics shed stigma of mental health ills -- Sou...

Full story: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

She went from graphic designer to maid. She struggled to learn English and skirted the law as an undocumented immigrant.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 30 of30
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Mariel boat

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2007

Legal Immigrant wrote:
Give me a break. That part about post traumatic stress due the process of commiting a crime gets me. First of all they chose to break the law and secondly if an American mother chose not to feed her kids for a few days she would loose custody of them. I am sick of the double standards. My solution is deport and enforce our immigration laws.
Also I always had a feeling Mexico has done what Castro did with the Mariel boat lift. They cleaned out the mental hospitals and prisons.

What do we do with our own people with mental health problems , such as those coming from Iraq and Afganistan ? They did not brake the law, they are there to keep you save .....and they are coming back without legs, no arms, and post traumatic disorders, depressed and with anxiety disorders ... and they cannot longer take care of their families- some commiting suicide . What would you suggest we do for these families and their children ?
Mariel boat

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2007

Adrian Godsafe MSc wrote:
<quoted text>
soon see the flow going the other way...
have a nice day: Ag
then you will become illegal on the other side !
Richard

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2007

"skirted the law as an undocumented immigrant" Pleaaaseee...SS

Now I have to go see my drug dealer (an unlicsensed pharmacist to the SS) and get some Heroin.

Don't make me puke.
John Gleeson

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2007

I wonder who is paying for her treatment?
Edward

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2007

Hispanics do have mental issues. First and foremost they are the rudest, most self centered people on the face of the earth. They will have a cookout at the house that starts at 2pm and goes all night long on a work day with the music
blaring and no care about the neighbors that have to work.If you ask them to turn the music off at 3 am they will tell you ok then make it louder. They are arrogant and rude. They only care about their family right there and the party they are having. The rest of the world does not matter.
Second, they have anger management problems and have fierce tempers. They are stubborn amd unreasonable. They are always one hour late to anything you invite them to. They are inconsiderate in that way. They are hot tempered and would shoot you in a moment of anger over something stupid like a parking space. Very irrational
and crazy. Narcessistic, arrogant, hot tempered, unreasonable, yea they have plenty of issues and they know it. I am sure this post will fire up a few threats from some Hispanics- its in their nature to do that. Tell me I am not 100% corect. They need more mental health people than you can imagine.
County

Coral Gables, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2007

Mariel boat wrote:
<quoted text>.
What do we do with our own people with mental health problems , such as those coming from Iraq and Afganistan ? They did not brake the law, they are there to keep you save .....and they are coming back without legs, no arms, and post traumatic disorders, depressed and with anxiety disorders ... and they cannot longer take care of their families- some commiting suicide . What would you suggest we do for these families and their children ?
These are the people the American taxpayers should be helping and not illegal aliens.
County

Coral Gables, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2007

Edward wrote:
Hispanics do have mental issues. First and foremost they are the rudest, most self centered people on the face of the earth. They will have a cookout at the house that starts at 2pm and goes all night long on a work day with the music
blaring and no care about the neighbors that have to work.If you ask them to turn the music off at 3 am they will tell you ok then make it louder. They are arrogant and rude. They only care about their family right there and the party they are having. The rest of the world does not matter.
Second, they have anger management problems and have fierce tempers. They are stubborn amd unreasonable. They are always one hour late to anything you invite them to. They are inconsiderate in that way. They are hot tempered and would shoot you in a moment of anger over something stupid like a parking space. Very irrational
and crazy. Narcessistic, arrogant, hot tempered, unreasonable, yea they have plenty of issues and they know it. I am sure this post will fire up a few threats from some Hispanics- its in their nature to do that. Tell me I am not 100% corect. They need more mental health people than you can imagine.
My biggest complaint is when they scream in Spanish rather than talk. I hear it so much in my condo complex that I can honestly say that I have a hard time knowing if the person needs help or not. A few nights ago I heard some two of them and the police were called as it was a domestic.
Tate

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.

“Geologist [I'm Climate Change]”

Since: Mar 07

Nuneaton

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Mariel boat wrote:
<quoted text>
then you will become illegal on the other side !
Labour party tried it in no uncertain terms.

I am still unable by legal search to see the details under my name in the Capita all singing all dancing database, and as such the libel & phantom criminal record with no dates & data of court proceedings (they don't exist).

I still to this day refuse to work for any institution set up by the Labour party (in large part temp agencies with a day labour agenda).

It is NOT illegal to look for paid employment but the Labour party under Blair & Brown made it practically all but illegal to leave one of their temp agencies.

To this day I am still being smear campaigned by the local lowlifes (in high office since 1997) & The Labour party has still not apologised for the bloody stupid nickname given while I was in the university (Imperial college 1998-99) completing a Petroleum geoscience course, with the object being to smear and slander me out of a graduate position of paid employment & back from university under the control of one of their temp agencies (Satchwell associates), with the smear campaign overseen by now Ex MP Mike O'Brien (responsible for the largest investment drop in the North sea oil & gas fields in history).

Have a nice day: Ag
Freddy

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Very great deal and very smooth transaction. PILLSMEDSHOPdotCOM was on top of my order and shipped it within a day. Thats all that they have control over and they done it fast. It sat in customs for a little bit but they have no control over the sluggishness of how customs work.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 30 of30
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Depression Discussions

Search the Depression Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Treatment For Bipolar Still Complex (Oct '07) 4 hr Michelle 477
Researchers Link Depression and Heart Disease (Feb '13) Fri humanSpirit 3
Cyberbullying rarely sole link to suicide (Oct '12) Apr 18 Aaaa 12
Accutane Side Effects Exposed: Side Effects of ... (Feb '07) Apr 17 josphd 2,551
Etizolam - Anti Anxiety / Stress / Sleep Aid - ... Apr 16 updaleft 1
Antidepressants Use During Pregnancy Tied To Au... Apr 16 Ross Coe buh ah ha ha 1
The Inability to Cry Apr 16 HumanSpirit 1
•••
•••
•••
•••