Study: Chantix Has Little or No Suicide Risk

Oct 6, 2009 Full story: MedicineNet 20

Oct. 1, 2009 -- The antismoking drug Chantix has been linked to suicide and suicidal thoughts, but a new study shows that if such a risk exists it is likely to be very small.

Full Story

“Non smoking freedom loving vet”

Since: Apr 08

Chicago

#1 Oct 7, 2009
This entire ban stuff is based on lies and deceit. Just more of the same.
just candid

AOL

#2 Oct 7, 2009
Save $$$$$$$$$$ Be a man. Just belly up and get the job done cold turkey

“KISS THIS SMOKERS BUTT”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#3 Oct 7, 2009
generalsn1234567 wrote:
This entire ban stuff is based on lies and deceit. Just more of the same.
Its sad that society is so weak in the brain to not realize that the very pharma funding anti smoking is profiting from its own nicotine
Your grade

Nashville, TN

#5 Mar 16, 2010
generalsn1234567 wrote:
This entire ban stuff is based on lies and deceit. Just more of the same.
Guess you get an "E"--for "E-relevance".
terri

Saint Charles, MO

#6 Mar 17, 2010
Really? Little or no suicide risk? Hmmm...that's interesting. I say that because I filled/took two Chantix scripts in one year (Oct.'06 -- Oct.'07), and I could SWEAR that pill took over my soul, mind, and body. In fact, I could SWEAR I could actually FEEL myself spiraling out of control..yet couldn't do a damn thing about it!!

Also, the two hospital stays in '08, pretty well convinced me...I was under ONE, POWERFUL, INFLUENCE!! The dreams I had at nite were soooo real, I couldn't decipher anymore what was real!! I feared drugs as a teenager...but, at 55 can tell you FIRST HAND what a hallucination is. My dreams consisted of deceased loved ones coming to my room at nite and tell me how WONDERFUL Heaven was and really wanted me to join them. They assured me my job was done here...as my children are grown, married, and raising children of their own now.

I thought about it for a long, long time...and finally decided, they were right!! My job WAS done here. There's nothing left for me to do/accompalish!! I'm just taking up space!! Wasn't sad, mad, glad...nothing...just flat!

Took a long drive to rural area, singing along w/the radio (oldies but goodies)...happily purchased 3 bottles of sleeping pills and razors. Wrote short note, "it's been real". Downed over 240 pills, but self up...wokes up six days later in ICU surrounded by family and clergy. Was given last rites and taken off vent/respirator.

Spent time in psyche unit. Ostracized for months by those closest to me. Babysitting privileges w/my six beautiful babies REVOKED INDEFINITELY...intense out patient therapy...group/individual sessions w/psychiatrist and therapist.

It's been almost two years. I am just NOW feeling whole and grounded. My babies are back, my job which I've LOVED for 23 years is my own again...and for you to say "little or no risk" tells me...whoever was in this so-called "study" must not have SWALLOWED.
cody

New Baltimore, MI

#7 Mar 17, 2010
terri wrote:
Really? Little or no suicide risk? Hmmm...that's interesting. I say that because I filled/took two Chantix scripts in one year (Oct.'06 -- Oct.'07), and I could SWEAR that pill took over my soul, mind, and body. In fact, I could SWEAR I could actually FEEL myself spiraling out of control..yet couldn't do a damn thing about it!!
Also, the two hospital stays in '08, pretty well convinced me...I was under ONE, POWERFUL, INFLUENCE!! The dreams I had at nite were soooo real, I couldn't decipher anymore what was real!! I feared drugs as a teenager...but, at 55 can tell you FIRST HAND what a hallucination is. My dreams consisted of deceased loved ones coming to my room at nite and tell me how WONDERFUL Heaven was and really wanted me to join them. They assured me my job was done here...as my children are grown, married, and raising children of their own now.
I thought about it for a long, long time...and finally decided, they were right!! My job WAS done here. There's nothing left for me to do/accompalish!! I'm just taking up space!! Wasn't sad, mad, glad...nothing...just flat!
Took a long drive to rural area, singing along w/the radio (oldies but goodies)...happily purchased 3 bottles of sleeping pills and razors. Wrote short note, "it's been real". Downed over 240 pills, but self up...wokes up six days later in ICU surrounded by family and clergy. Was given last rites and taken off vent/respirator.
Spent time in psyche unit. Ostracized for months by those closest to me. Babysitting privileges w/my six beautiful babies REVOKED INDEFINITELY...intense out patient therapy...group/individual sessions w/psychiatrist and therapist.
It's been almost two years. I am just NOW feeling whole and grounded. My babies are back, my job which I've LOVED for 23 years is my own again...and for you to say "little or no risk" tells me...whoever was in this so-called "study" must not have SWALLOWED.
Wow and God bless you for posting this.
I've been on the down hill from this type of med myself.
Lost the 6 kids, lost me.
I'm not 100 %, but one kid is back. I want six again.
I'm on Elevil..........not working as well as I'd like it to as you can see by some of my posts.
Thank you for being so honest. We're not alone.
Terri
Exception all

Nashville, TN

#8 Mar 18, 2010
terri wrote:
Really? Little or no suicide risk? Hmmm...that's interesting. I say that because I filled/took two Chantix scripts in one year (Oct.'06 -- Oct.'07), and I could SWEAR that pill took over my soul, mind, and body. In fact, I could SWEAR I could actually FEEL myself spiraling out of control..yet couldn't do a damn thing about it!!
Also, the two hospital stays in '08, pretty well convinced me...
This would seem to fit into the "little" category--even with the other poster. Moreover, in this context there is no way for us to know whether there were other factors involved but overlooked because of the need for a clean villain to attack. Oh, wait, someone with deep underlying issues and multiple risk-associated behaviors wouldn't stoop to pointing the finger at a convenient single target issue to gain support/sympathy from a large online group, would they?

Come to that, surely a smoker with an axe to grind against anything that facillitated the de-normalization of smoking wouldn't post a complete fabrication to an online forum just to yank the chains of the readership, would they?

Given what's known, wouldn't you say that continuing to smoke constitutes suicidal behavior and demonstrates suicidal tendencies?

Hmmmm...
sarah

Henderson, TX

#9 Jun 5, 2011
I can recommend a reputable pharmacy (Chantix) http://en.generic4all.com/champix-starter-pac... I received the order and it was on time and the pills work great.
Hugh Jass

Nashville, TN

#10 Jun 6, 2011
generalsn1234567 wrote:
This entire ban stuff is based on lies and deceit.
Right. If the tobacco companies hadn't lied and deceived for all those decades, there wouldn't be enough nicotine addicts for anyone to care whether smoking were permitted. No one would WANT to smoke.
Hugh Jass

Nashville, TN

#11 Jun 6, 2011
terri wrote:
Really? Little or no suicide risk? Hmmm...that's interesting. I say that because I filled/took two Chantix scripts in one year (Oct.'06 -- Oct.'07), and I could SWEAR that pill took over my soul, mind, and body. In fact, I could SWEAR I could actually FEEL myself spiraling out of control..yet couldn't do a damn thing about it!!
Yessirreee, here we have proof. See? THIS person took Chantix and committed suicide! The medicos from Britain are wrong!

BTW, as someone whose nicotine addiction was so intractable that Chantix was prescribed, do you REALLY expect us to believe the issue was anything more than helping you take BACK your soul, mind, and body?
cheeser

Chatham, UK

#12 Jul 12, 2011
http://hosted.comm100.com/Forum/Buy-Zyban-Onl...
I had to quit smoking as i was sick coughing up bile and having to wake up during the night to smoke. I was also close to having emphasima and probably certainly long term damage was done to my lungs.
I went cold turkey.
Did you know that the addiction leaves your body after about 3 weeks. You go through periods desperate for just one little smoke but it passes then near the end of the 3 weeks you get really sick puking up knowing a ciggie would cure it then one last nasty desire to smoke then BANG you are free and you simply have no ctaving at all. I hate the smell of fags now and don;t know why I ever smoked. It is purely an addiction that you need to top up. It does nothing nice like weed or booze. You can drive when smoking. It does nothing at all cept kill you and me.
Consider the 3 weeks like having flu and know that after that time the addiction is lifted and you are free.
terri

Saint Charles, MO

#13 Jul 13, 2011
Exception all wrote:
<quoted text>
This would seem to fit into the "little" category--even with the other poster. Moreover, in this context there is no way for us to know whether there were other factors involved but overlooked because of the need for a clean villain to attack. Oh, wait, someone with deep underlying issues and multiple risk-associated behaviors wouldn't stoop to pointing the finger at a convenient single target issue to gain support/sympathy from a large online group, would they?
Come to that, surely a smoker with an axe to grind against anything that facillitated the de-normalization of smoking wouldn't post a complete fabrication to an online forum just to yank the chains of the readership, would they?
Given what's known, wouldn't you say that continuing to smoke constitutes suicidal behavior and demonstrates suicidal tendencies?
Hmmmm...
I totally understand the doubters...I wouldn't have believed it myself had I not taken it. I want to say this, "true to its promise...Chantix DID take away the pleasure of smoking...and that would've been FINE...had it stopped there.

But, it didn't.

Once in your system..only God knows how/where you'll land. It's a very scary drug in that not only does it kill the smoking receptors..it continues on and snakes its way into other parts of the brain and does weird things. Distorted thoughts and feelings creep in...take root...and the drug owns your mind. It's a very, very, slow, thorough, sneaky, & POTENT process.

Feared drugs as a teen, can describe first-hand and in vivid detail...an hallucination. Pfizer is obviously on the right track w/this drug...but, it needs to be pulled until the kinks are worked out.
Derek

Romania

#14 Aug 17, 2013
Naturally, I am skeptical of everything online. http://inhousegeneric.com is legitimate. I placed my first order for the smallest amount possible. It arrived sooner than expected. I didn't pay the extra money for speedy air mail. I placed another order that was much larger and it came right on time. I will definitely use this company again for even larger orders now that I trust them. They also give you discounts every time you place an order which is cool. One thing to keep in mind is if you place a larger order, they will send half in one shipment, and then the other half after that to avoid customs scrutinizing your package. I am very happy, I no longer need to pay tons of money to see a doctor and therapist (and have them tell me a bunch of stuff I already know) in order to get my medication.
Cedar

Graz, Austria

#15 Sep 12, 2013
have been researching for months and reading reviews for each pharmacy and finally decided to take the plunge and order from one. After coming to the conclusion http://goo.gl/9Me2E1 seemed the most safest and had the best feedback I ordered my pills. Was very apprehensive at first due to cc fraud, ell and they are good i would definetely recommend and purchase againspam and being generally ripped off (have not received one spam email and no cc fraud) order process and checkout was simple.
placed my order on my debit card and was charged straight away and received confirmation email immediately. choose the speedy del trackable and was advised del would be 7-9 days and order was placed on the 08/01. was just about to email them today to chase up as now 15 days but behold package had been posted through my door. packaging seems as shown on webiste. apart from small delay on advertised shipping time i have been generally please with the pharmacy.
wont be taking the pills for another few weeks yet but all going well and they are good i would definetely recommend and purchase again from them.
Lisandro

UK

#16 Sep 24, 2013
I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#17 Sep 24, 2013
Lisandro wrote:
I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.
Another limpdick smoker trying to get other stupid smokers to give their financial information to a bunch of crooks. Way to go, LIMPDICK. Quit smoking and you won't have to work at a crappy assed job like this. Maybe you will even get a woman once you stop stinking like a smoky turd.
Cherry

UK

#18 Jan 30, 2014
I've been on Effexor from http://goo.gl/PJZwMF only one week but am cautiously very optimistic. Prior to this I was on citalopram but still feeling very low and sleeping poorly, feeling like I needed to be in bed 12-16 hours a day. Now I am waking naturally after only 8 hours sleep and finding it much easier to concentrate at work. I can hardly believe it is working so quickly but I feel so much better. I've had no side effects.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#19 Jan 30, 2014
Cherry wrote:
I've been on Effexor from http://goo.gl/PJZwMF only one week but am cautiously very optimistic. Prior to this I was on citalopram but still feeling very low and sleeping poorly, feeling like I needed to be in bed 12-16 hours a day. Now I am waking naturally after only 8 hours sleep and finding it much easier to concentrate at work. I can hardly believe it is working so quickly but I feel so much better. I've had no side effects.
Another limpdick smoker trying to get other stupid smokers to give their financial information to a bunch of crooks. Way to go, LIMPDICK. Quit smoking and you won't have to work at a crappy assed job like this. Maybe you will even get a woman once you stop stinking like a smoky turd.

“Non smoking freedom loving vet”

Since: Apr 08

Chicago

#20 Apr 1, 2014
I still see TV lawyer commercials telling victims of Chantix to call them. They must be doing a good business.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#21 Apr 1, 2014
generalsn1234567 wrote:
I still see TV lawyer commercials telling victims of Chantix to call them. They must be doing a good business.
Just because a bunch of weak assed smokers want to do themselves in when they quit smoking is no reason to blame Chantix.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Depression Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How long before feeling the effects of Zoloft (... 21 hr DeniseT 41
Erie ranks 4th among most depressed U.S. regions (Aug '11) Wed feelin better 60
First blood test for depression proven to work Sep 16 robina 1
Are menopause and depression really connected? Sep 16 robina 1
The Lancet journals: Three-quarters of depresse... Aug 29 MMR CAUSES AUTISM 2
Adding therapy to meds may speed depression rec... Aug 29 robina 2
Is depression curable? Of course it is Aug 29 HumanSpirit 1
•••

Depression People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••