Pregnant smokers may suffer depression

Full story: KUSA Denver 69
More than one in 10 pregnant women smoke, and new research suggests many of them also may suffer from depression, making kicking the habit even harder. Full Story
K3ll3r

Keller, TX

#22 Sep 14, 2007
True Grit wrote:
<quoted text>
Well since we are pushing and forcing and you don't like it, since the NATION is forging toward a tobacco free system, where are you going to go?
One city One state One NATION at a time tobacco free. The bans go on and on and on.
Yet the tobacco industry is subsidized with your tax dollars. Do you really think it is going anywhere?
K3ll3r

Keller, TX

#26 Sep 15, 2007
True Grit wrote:
<quoted text>
So to answer you oh yes I do believe that Tobacco is in serious trouble just like when the Attorneys general sued and won huge amounts against the Tobacco industry.
THe huge amounts of money won came from the taxpayers, not the tobacco industry itself. I don't smoke, but I don't impose my values on anyone except my children. What's next prohibition?

“OWNERS CHOICE = PATRONS CHOICE”

Since: Jun 07

United States

#27 Sep 17, 2007
True Grit wrote:
<quoted text>
Well since we are pushing and forcing and you don't like it, since the NATION is forging toward a tobacco free system, where are you going to go?
One city One state One NATION at a time tobacco free. The bans go on and on and on.
Page 2, Paragraph 3, of “Ideas behind the constitution.

IV IDEAS BEHIND THE CONSTITUTION

The framers of the U.S. Constitution sought a fundamental change from these earlier notions in two important ways. >>>>>> First, they put the Constitution above legislative power—indeed, above all governmental powers.<<<<< < The Constitution, particularly the Supremacy Clause of Article VI, establishes the “rule of law,” the idea that the government itself, including the president and Congress, must abide by the law.

Read all about the constitution,,,,, Educate yourselves

http://encarta.msn.com/encyclopedia_761569008...
No Smoking in the USA

Denver, CO

#28 Sep 17, 2007
John Doe wrote:
<quoted text>If smokers are a minority then why are you so set on making smoking illegal? If they are the minority then to side step around them and breath ever so lightly until you are past them shouldn't be that hard. Wait a minute though. You are probably the same arrogant sob that will purposely walk right up and stop next to a smoker and cry because the smoke is getting in your eyes. Have you turned in your weapons and headed for your Deserted Island yet?
We all want smoking illegal so we can see all the selfish smokers whine about losing a right. Rights are taken away all the time, look at the fcc, but that doesn't bother smokers. Only when their right to poison others is taken away do they speak up. If it does not directly affect them, they don't care.

“OWNERS CHOICE = PATRONS CHOICE”

Since: Jun 07

United States

#29 Sep 17, 2007
No Smoking in the USA wrote:
<quoted text>
We all want smoking illegal so we can see all the selfish smokers whine about losing a right. Rights are taken away all the time, look at the fcc, but that doesn't bother smokers. Only when their right to poison others is taken away do they speak up. If it does not directly affect them, they don't care.
Actually I care about everyones rights..even yours.

Both sides of this issue are so selfish...... It was the property owner who lost his right of choice.....Smoking outside was just a side-effect.....

All of our rights were damaged with this illegal ban.... Until tobacco is illegal,,, these bans are illegal.
ndenver

Denver, CO

#30 Sep 22, 2007
I personally think that women who smoke should not be allowed to have children ever.

Since: Aug 07

Boulder, CO

#31 Sep 22, 2007
I work at a hospital and I see pregnant women all the time outside smoking, it makes me sick. I have aproached a few and they say, "I only have one a day so it's ok." Bull----!

I even saw one pregnant girl at a concert drinking and smoking at the same time. I wanted to smack her. The poor kid dosen't even have a chance.
Kent

Great Cacapon, WV

#32 Sep 22, 2007
ndenver wrote:
I personally think that women who smoke should not be allowed to have children ever.
That's what we thought about your parents. WOW, we were right!
Kent

Great Cacapon, WV

#33 Sep 22, 2007
No Smoking in the USA wrote:
<quoted text>
WHACK... Got me a Denver troll I did. Hey Bleu, call the local sanitation department to clean up that mess, perty please :)

“I miss you T!”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#34 Sep 22, 2007
ndenver wrote:
Oh, that's smart...I have a child and I smoked before I found out I was pregnant, when I found out I quit for over a year, I have NEVER smoked around my child, I don't think he has actually ever seen me do it, and that's the way I would like to keep it.

I have this addiction that I wish I didn't, you non-smokers have NO IDEA how hard it is to just quit. If it were THAT easy don't you think most of us would drop it? I have quit SO many times I can't count them anymore, it's like alcholism, you will always be an smoker. One Day At A Time.

“Don't like the rules?...Leave”

Since: Mar 07

Denver, but on pause...

#35 Sep 22, 2007
O.K., so they ban smoking everywhere, then what?...Are the "whining" non-smokers going to stop driving their SUV's?...
We'd have to move right on down the list of "dangerous pollutants" from backyard BBQ's to Cattle Farms...Instituting a full on ban of propellants, and everything else that emits any form of pollutant (including bodily gases)...
When that's done, what will we ban next?...
Oh, I know...We'll ban whining yuppie larvae from jogging in downtown cities during Stage 1 smog alerts...
I am a smoker...I am not rude or selfish...If my smoking offends someone, them's the breaks...I will out my cigarette if asked POLITELY to do so...
So, if you non smokers don't want to be lumped into one category, quit doing it to us...
Remember, each freedom, right, and liberty you strip away from American's will eventually come your way too...
Johnny Rotten

Aurora, CO

#36 Sep 22, 2007
ndenver wrote:
Wow, you are just a treasure trove of intelligent insight.
Arrest them

Loveland, CO

#37 Sep 22, 2007
For child abuse if they are caught smoking while pregnant

“~ Reality IS Perception ~”

Since: Aug 07

Rockaway!

#38 Sep 22, 2007
Arrest them wrote:
For child abuse if they are caught smoking while pregnant
It IS too late.....a MASS HYSTERIA has surfaced!
Big Dog

Denver, CO

#39 Sep 22, 2007
GSXR Chick wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, that's smart...I have a child and I smoked before I found out I was pregnant, when I found out I quit for over a year, I have NEVER smoked around my child, I don't think he has actually ever seen me do it, and that's the way I would like to keep it.
I have this addiction that I wish I didn't, you non-smokers have NO IDEA how hard it is to just quit. If it were THAT easy don't you think most of us would drop it? I have quit SO many times I can't count them anymore, it's like alcholism, you will always be an smoker. One Day At A Time.
Soooooo true !! I never smoked, but, watching my mom suffer and ultimately die in my arms from lung cancer I wish everyone could quit and wish that NOBODY had to ever suffer like that. Best of luck in your efforts.

“I miss you T!”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#40 Sep 22, 2007
Big Dog wrote:
<quoted text>
Soooooo true !! I never smoked, but, watching my mom suffer and ultimately die in my arms from lung cancer I wish everyone could quit and wish that NOBODY had to ever suffer like that. Best of luck in your efforts.
My father died from heart disease (caused by smoking), all of my grandparents died from cancer and you would think I could just do it because of that. The last time I quit was for five years, and then went through a divorce, and bam, with all the stress I picked it up again, this is the hardest thing I have ever tried to break.
My mother who quit probably 15 years ago still has cravings sometimes.

I just hope that my son is SMART enough not to do it!
No Smoking in the USA

Aurora, CO

#41 Sep 22, 2007
Ski Bunny wrote:
I work at a hospital and I see pregnant women all the time outside smoking, it makes me sick. I have aproached a few and they say, "I only have one a day so it's ok." Bull----!
I even saw one pregnant girl at a concert drinking and smoking at the same time. I wanted to smack her. The poor kid dosen't even have a chance.
This is because they are selfish
Ludvick

France

#42 Aug 7, 2013
http://inhousegeneric.com is an honest and genuine online pharmacy. We were not sure at first because this was our first order of generic medication from this pharmacy. Although it takes a bit long because it got stuck with custom, we are completely sastisfied with this online pharmacy.
You won't be disappointed with them. Their customer service is great too although they need to improve their phone system a bit more. If you need to call them just be sure to call during their working hours. Other than that we highly and sincerely recommend this online pharmacy to everyone.
Clinton

Romania

#43 Aug 17, 2013
Naturally, I am skeptical of everything online. http://inhousegeneric.com is legitimate. I placed my first order for the smallest amount possible. It arrived sooner than expected. I didn't pay the extra money for speedy air mail. I placed another order that was much larger and it came right on time. I will definitely use this company again for even larger orders now that I trust them. They also give you discounts every time you place an order which is cool. One thing to keep in mind is if you place a larger order, they will send half in one shipment, and then the other half after that to avoid customs scrutinizing your package. I am very happy, I no longer need to pay tons of money to see a doctor and therapist (and have them tell me a bunch of stuff I already know) in order to get my medication.
Greyson
#44 Sep 24, 2013
I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Depression Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can ugly people be loved? (Mar '10) Wed Healthnfitness4u 44
Around half of cases of depression and anxiety ... Mon Smack Down 1
How long before feeling the effects of Zoloft (... Oct 17 DeniseT 46
Utah universities seek to help students struggl... Oct 10 AngelsandGhosts 1
Mental health issues: Still a lot of work to do Oct 9 HumanSpirit 1
Foods That Make You Happy - Literally (Oct '13) Oct 7 sicknigr47 3
Trazodone as a Fibromyalgia Treatment (Nov '10) Oct 7 Helen 10

Depression People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE