Music Therapy Aids In Depression Trea...

Music Therapy Aids In Depression Treatment

There are 6 comments on the PsychCentral story from Aug 4, 2011, titled Music Therapy Aids In Depression Treatment. In it, PsychCentral reports that:

A new Finnish study finds that combining music therapy with a standard treatment for depression - medication, plus psychotherapy and counseling - improves patient outcomes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PsychCentral.

London, UK

#1 Aug 4, 2011
Having depression is such an isolatitive illness, which requires understanding. ANGEL JUST-RIGHTS is the exclusive true story of a child-to-adult and this tragically debilitating illness. People need to understand how hard it is on the inflicted and loved ones.. This was written as a last resort, with intentions of being put in the writer's 'Will' box as an 'explanation' for breaking the hearts and lives of loved ones. Instead, the honesty it harbours has already helped sufferers of mental disorders, their carers and friends, and extensively in the research of Professionals. It also highlights the importance of RECOGNISING it earlier. Reviews, comments, thoughts encouraged on the relative sites, of course. ISBN 9781849914000]...second book,'MEASURABLY MENDING MICCI' coming soon. Please don't be ignorant. Understand.
Donnie Heard

Chicago, IL

#2 Jan 16, 2012
Music therapy, proper diet, exercise, healthy lifestyle and engaging in leisure are better alternatives as treatments for depression. It spares the person more depression from the side effects of antidepressants such as Paxil, which is said to cause birth defects, risks to suicide and unusual behavior. Visit:

Phoenix, AZ

#3 Jan 31, 2013
To some people, music therapy really helps ease their depression and anxiety. But it is still best to ask medical advice from your doctor on how to safely and effectively treat your depression. For more inputs, see
Massage By Jenny

Boynton Beach, FL

#4 Feb 1, 2013
Harp music is suppose to have amazing effects on the body and mind.
#6 Sep 24, 2013
I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.

#8 Jan 30, 2014
I've been on Effexor from only one week but am cautiously very optimistic. Prior to this I was on citalopram but still feeling very low and sleeping poorly, feeling like I needed to be in bed 12-16 hours a day. Now I am waking naturally after only 8 hours sleep and finding it much easier to concentrate at work. I can hardly believe it is working so quickly but I feel so much better. I've had no side effects.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Depression Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Neuroscientists identify two neuron populations... Oct 17 Stephany McDowell 1
News Church: Pastor Rick Warren's son commits suicide (Apr '13) Oct 12 Randiee Cabbage 18
News #YouGoodMan: Kid Cudi's Openness Gives Black Me... Oct 9 Oh No You Di-nt 1
News Mental health alert: Many senior citizens suffe... (May '09) Oct 6 Human 18
News New suicide prevention strategies for homosexua... Sep '16 Imprtnrd 17
News See More Sep '16 Crazy eh 1
News Most adults with depression aren't treated, stu... Sep '16 HumanSpirit 2
More from around the web