Susie

Newport, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2010

I have been wearing my upper implant-supported denture for about 4 weeks now. Although it's so much better than my temporary, which was AWFUL, I am still not happy with it. First, of course, were the sore spots, which were taken care of. Then I was getting too much saliva and food underneath the denture. I could feel a space with my tongue on one side, so the dentist closed the space. Then it was so tight I couldn't remove it, so it was loosened. Then it was too loose and I kept "clicking" it back and forth, which drove me crazy. The dentist changed the 2 outer snaps to tighter ones (I have 4 implants). I just don't feel that it's close enough to the roof of my mouth, and if I bite down on the right side I hear a clicking sound. Also, I don't think that enough of the palate is uncovered. The open space midway up the denture is only about 5/8" wide. I also feel that my mouth is filled with too much "plastic"...or whatever it is. Can anyone relate??
Angel

El Cajon, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2010

It sounds like they need to re-line the denture and reset the female side of the snaps. It's rocking. That can be done. When my temp perm bridge snapped they took my old denture and did that.
dds35day

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2014

I would love to hear from other people who have implant supported dentures.

I have 4 implants put in 5 months ago and am trying to decide if I should go forward and finish the process. It is so expensive I am really trying to find out if it is really worth it.

Also, have been sort of "chomping" on my "regular" dentures a lot and I'm afraid to tell my dentist- that he will say I cannot do the supported dentures.

I have had HORRIBLE regular dentures and have hibernate or 2 years and have not smiled in years. Thank you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••