mini implants for lower denture

Posted in the Dentures Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
michelle

New York, NY

#1 Apr 11, 2012
Hi all! I need some advise, comments etc about having a full lower denture supported my mini implants. Because of the cost reg. implants are not on the horizon but I might be able to swing the minis.
I really need to know if any of you hsve them, how comfortable does it really make that god awful denture etc. Thanks it advance.
Oh Yeah

Vine Grove, KY

#2 Apr 11, 2012
I have been on the same quest. I went to 3 different consultations with different Dentists that do them. From what they said and from extensive Googling. The best I can tell is.

1) Wait a year after extractions.
2) 4 Minis on the bottom, 6 for upper.

The failure rate is high if the Implant is stressed. If improperly placed Implant will fail and fall out. The denture has to be supported by the gums, not the Implants.

900 other reasons that cheap may not be the best consideration.

A lot of Dentists will NOT work on Implants that another Dentist has placed. Make sure that whoever does them will stick with you and have a Plan " B " if they do not work for you.
michelle

New York, NY

#3 Apr 11, 2012
OY,
In my area reg. dental implants will run 3k per and They will not work with existing denture. I hate it too so why shouldn't they right? lol so The total cost for two reg implants adds up to 9K 4 minis with retrofit of existing denture is 3400.00. A huge savings.
The above mentioned reg. implant price was with a disc.
SO I really have no choice.I am still trying to talk my hubby into the mini price.
Let me know how your quest goes. I am close enough to the canadian border I have thought of those aves as well.
LINDA

Stanfordville, NY

#4 Apr 11, 2012
HI Michelle, oh i am so happy with my mini on the bottom,i had them done a couple of months after they pulled my teeth,but not to happy with my upper ones, i still feel like i have plastic in my mouth,i thought i wouldn't have all of the plastic still on the roof of my mouth,guess people are trying the hybridge dentures? good luck michelle
michelle

New York, NY

#5 Apr 11, 2012
Linda,
Thank you for your response. Can I ask you a couple of questions? Did you have problems with the lowers prior to the implants such as slippage gum pain etc? If so did the implants take care of that?
My lower inner flange is killing me it bites and digs into the soft area on the lower part of my mouth.I want that cut back and am hopeful that the mini will allow this to be done.

Thanks again.
michelle

New York, NY

#6 Apr 11, 2012
Oh the roof of the mouth bugs a lot of people. My mom told me to suck on small hard mints to learn to adjust to that and it worked. Hope that helps
LINDA

Stanfordville, NY

#7 Apr 13, 2012
hi michelle, oh yes i did,i hated putting fixodent,it didn't help,i was worried to eat,but with the mini's they do feel like my own teeth,and are so stable, tell your mom i have hard candies in my mouth all the time and it does work,but hate to suck on candy all day, lol well you have a nice weekend and please keep me posted,
michelle

New York, NY

#8 Apr 18, 2012
hi there. Just a silly question if you have the mini implant on the bottom can they reduced the inner and outer flanges? My inner flange cuts into my mouth horrible and the outer makes me look like I have a mouthful of chew or something. thanks
LINDA

Stanfordville, NY

#9 Apr 23, 2012
yes michelle the lowers just fit nice,they feel like my own teeth,i had my lowers done first and thought the upper would feel the same,but NOT,
michelle

New York, NY

#10 Apr 23, 2012
Thanks for your info Linda. I have recently tried Cushion grip as I really need to gain some kind of sanity until I can get the implants. Cushion grip is soon to be my new BFF! Still trying to work the kinks out to have a smoother fit with it but wow does it cushion! I have to wait until next feb before I can get mini implants so until them I am sure I will have lots of questions for you! haha
LINDA

Stanfordville, NY

#11 Apr 27, 2012
any time michelle,i want to get hybridge on the top and just waiting to win the lottery lol.i am glad the cushion grip works for you,
michelle

New York, NY

#12 Apr 30, 2012
Linda have you read on the net that they have started doing a roundhouse fixed (perm.) denture using the minis? I read an article of a Calif. Dr that is doing this quite often and (drum roll) his price for this is 5700. OMG I hopefully will be able to find a dentist in my state that that can tell me more about this . Was so excited. I knew you had the mini on the bottom so thought I would share with you. Cheers!
Paula

Midland, TX

#13 Oct 8, 2012
michelle wrote:
Hi all! I need some advise, comments etc about having a full lower denture supported my mini implants. Because of the cost reg. implants are not on the horizon but I might be able to swing the minis.
I really need to know if any of you hsve them, how comfortable does it really make that god awful denture etc. Thanks it advance.
I have dentures and mini implants on the bottom denture, GREAT investment! I'm only 40 years old and have had them 4 years, I lost the majority of my teeth in an accident,couldn't afford implants. It holds my teeth in place, don't ever have to worry about them coming out or moving around. I Love them!
Susan

Wentzville, MO

#14 Nov 12, 2012
Im sceduled in a few weeks to get 4 mini implants for the lower denture. Heres my ?. I have extra bone and it hurts to eat and talking is difficult as well. Getting these implants, will i be able to eat. I had my teeth extracted about a month ago. The dentist did an xray said i would be ready in two weeks. I have lost over 10 pounds this past month. Really needed to lose no weight. Just really need some reasurance that this is going to help me eat again. Any help will be better than what im dealing with now.
gged

Lady Lake, FL

#16 Jan 5, 2013
Because of treatments for throat cancer,I have lost all my teeth. Now have dentures and finished my lower surgery a monthe ago. My dentist suggested 3 implants for lower denture with implant in two months then 3 to 4 months healing then posts put in lower denture. Has anyone had same procedure? If so, what has been your result?
gged

Lady Lake, FL

#17 Jan 5, 2013
Should also mention, I have dry mouth also, attributed to my cancer procedures.
linda

Stanfordville, NY

#18 Jan 5, 2013
michelle wrote:
Linda have you read on the net that they have started doing a roundhouse fixed (perm.) denture using the minis? I read an article of a Calif. Dr that is doing this quite often and (drum roll) his price for this is 5700. OMG I hopefully will be able to find a dentist in my state that that can tell me more about this . Was so excited. I knew you had the mini on the bottom so thought I would share with you. Cheers!
thanks for the information
Dental Girl

Los Angeles, CA

#19 Jan 14, 2013
My dentist I work for does Mini-Implants, he is very good. orangecountyimplantdentist.com .
He just did a live patient at the ADA Convention.
Long term results.
Tonya

United States

#20 Feb 12, 2013
LINDA wrote:
hi michelle, oh yes i did,i hated putting fixodent,it didn't help,i was worried to eat,but with the mini's they do feel like my own teeth,and are so stable, tell your mom i have hard candies in my mouth all the time and it does work,but hate to suck on candy all day, lol well you have a nice weekend and please keep me posted,
Okay my main question at this point is what about the pain? Do the implants hurt? Can you feel the screws? I have a top denture (hate it, but better than teeth pain or no teeth), had it about 2 years. I HAVE to get the six bottom teeth pulled & am trying to decide between a regular denture & mini implants/denture stabilizer system.
Linda Dean

Summerville, SC

#21 Feb 16, 2013
What was the cost for the mini implants for the lower denture?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dentures Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Let's talk COST of implants/hybrids/fixed bridg... (Jul '12) 6 min ktodd 1,304
How to kiss? (Apr '12) 1 hr Laydee 7
I hate my dentures! (Oct '11) 18 hr mfox102 279
Broward Periodontist Restores Smiles One Dental... (Aug '07) Mon Zach 5
I love my dentures (Jul '09) Mon Marilyna 53
Cheer up New Denture Wearers (Sep '08) Mon MJL 5,549
Pyschological effects of wearing full dentures Mon SwollenGoat 15
More from around the web