Paul1

Brazil

#41 May 25, 2012
I'm about to
Paul1

Brazil

#42 May 25, 2012
I'm about to commit to having a fixed denture with 5 implants {lower jaw}.I'm having this procedure done in brazil as it is alot cheaper then where i live .I would like to hear from anyone who has had this or a similar procedure done . I have 4 resonable teeth left in my lower arch would i be better going for a permenant bridge on implants? although this would be more exspensive.
Tudo

Port Charlotte, FL

#43 Jul 21, 2012
I had 2 implants inserted in my lower about 7 weeks ago. My next appt for extractions and 2 additional implants in the font lower is aug 28th. So far it's been an excellent experience.
grayban

Washington, UT

#44 Aug 26, 2012
MerryMac wrote:
It has been 9 days that I've had these two titanium screws in my jaw. The gum around them is still tender...am I expecting too much?
Yes, give it time. Can't say enough. I've had 5 implants put into the top and now just recently two in the bottom. The implants embedded don't necessary hurt to much, the gums did and need time to toughen up. I'd say a good month or so. Then things should start to look brighter for you. Hope that helps a little.
salom

Irvine, CA

#45 Sep 7, 2012
sharon wrote:
Had 5 lower dental implants with retained overdenture 2 weeks ago. The overdenture is a temporary. Now I have noticed that one side of the overdenture is loose. I am so afraid they are going to have to unscrew the denture.
Has anybody had this problem.
Hi I am a c.d.t. work with over denture implants every day, for your word i gather that your denture is only temporary but if you are wondering if theyy are going to unscrew the denture , that means that , what you are wearing it is not temporary and if is loose you may want to go to the office it may be a loose impant , if you have any questions icon_dental@hotmail.com
Mwangala

Maricopa, AZ

#46 Nov 11, 2012
I just had my teeth extracted and now wearing an upper denture which my I cannot tolerate gaging terribly I was not informed about these complications I'm so miserable I can't eat just drinking soup I can't even wear the denture it's been two weeks I can't even go to the store I have two small kids I can't sleep I'm so depressed.any advise on what to do I keep going back to my dentist to adjust the palate but I just can't tolerate it.Pls someone help
sorry

Bowling Green, OH

#47 Nov 11, 2012
Mwangala, unfortunately I don't have any advice for you except to keep going back to your dentist for adjustments. It might also help to see your medical doctor for your depression and inability to sleep. Most of us here know how overwhelming it is and can sympathize with you.

It's only been two weeks for you, and it does take longer than that for a lot of people to adjust. I was one of them, and it was several months before I resigned myself to the fact that this is what I have and there's no choice but to get used to it. I still hate it but can tolerate it now. It WILL get better for you. Keep posting when you need us.
Molly

Jacksonville Beach, FL

#48 Nov 25, 2012
is this going to be a temporary denture until you decide on a replacement more suitable
Mwangala wrote:
I just had my teeth extracted and now wearing an upper denture which my I cannot tolerate gaging terribly I was not informed about these complications I'm so miserable I can't eat just drinking soup I can't even wear the denture it's been two weeks I can't even go to the store I have two small kids I can't sleep I'm so depressed.any advise on what to do I keep going back to my dentist to adjust the palate but I just can't tolerate it.Pls someone help
Molly

Jacksonville Beach, FL

#49 Nov 25, 2012
Is this going to be a temporary denture until you decide on a more suitable replacement such as implants.
vicki

Otsego, MI

#50 Jan 2, 2013
I need to know a number to call and order the red and black o rings for my dentures, does anybody hyave any ideas, thanks.
Little Lulu

Pine Bluff, AR

#51 Jan 3, 2013
vicki wrote:
I need to know a number to call and order the red and black o rings for my dentures, does anybody hyave any ideas, thanks.
About to get dentures, I hope all the good posters have not left the site. Anyone still around?
mikeswiss

Modesto, CA

#52 Jan 17, 2013
Hi, I am a new one to this board. Just 12 days ago, I had this big dental surgery to extract all 21 remaining teeth, place 8 implants (4 up 4 down), and (supposed) finish attach two full streamline dentures to the implants (all-on-4 new teeth in an hour). Unfortunately, it had stopped after the 2nd step (implants) and postpone the 3 rd step (attach streamline denture) until my gum/bone are healed (obviously during the not 1 but 3+ hours surgery I had lost lot of blood and got bad wound on gum/bone). Three days after the surgery, my dentist gave me a regular denture (one set) to try. After a reasonable hard time for adjustment, re-shaping, etc. I felt they pretty much fit, but don't hold well in my mouth. So it's kind hard to eat and talk with them in my mouth (normal?) In any way, I don't like the regular denture at all. Now I am looking forward to next Friday (Jan 25) when my dental surgeon check the healing and hopefully give a go to attach (permanently fix) my streamline denture (other people call them fix bridge) to the implants. Wish me luck and I'll post back for an update.(also will put up a cost figure for your reference)
Smile

Chicago, IL

#53 Jan 24, 2013
Hi,
If anyone is in need of implants, our office is offering some great new offers for a limited time. All extractions, 4 implants on top and 2-4 implants on bottom with overdenture included for $22,000. The dentures are removable but do not cover the top of the mouth. Approx 3 month turn around time.
You can contact use at office@smilemoredental.com
Rachel-CA

Santa Cruz, CA

#54 Feb 5, 2013
mikeswiss wrote:
Hi, I am a new one to this board. Just 12 days ago, I had this big dental surgery to extract all 21 remaining teeth, place 8 implants (4 up 4 down), and (supposed) finish attach two full streamline dentures to the implants (all-on-4 new teeth in an hour). Unfortunately, it had stopped after the 2nd step (implants) and postpone the 3 rd step (attach streamline denture) until my gum/bone are healed (obviously during the not 1 but 3+ hours surgery I had lost lot of blood and got bad wound on gum/bone). Three days after the surgery, my dentist gave me a regular denture (one set) to try. After a reasonable hard time for adjustment, re-shaping, etc. I felt they pretty much fit, but don't hold well in my mouth. So it's kind hard to eat and talk with them in my mouth (normal?) In any way, I don't like the regular denture at all. Now I am looking forward to next Friday (Jan 25) when my dental surgeon check the healing and hopefully give a go to attach (permanently fix) my streamline denture (other people call them fix bridge) to the implants. Wish me luck and I'll post back for an update.(also will put up a cost figure for your reference)
may I ask how it went with your all on 4 procedure and please give dr. Name and contact info if you recommend him/her. And cost if possible.
mikeswiss

Modesto, CA

#55 Feb 5, 2013
Rachel-CA wrote:
may I ask how it went with your all on 4 procedure and please give dr. Name and contact info if you recommend him/her. And cost if possible.
(I tried to update after Jan 25 final operation, but somehow my long post was not shown?) Ok, the extraction and implants placement were successful at first operation, but the postponed denture attachment on Jan 25 failed again because the upper/lower dentures did not match due to lab's fault. Now my dentist has to re-make a new set from scratch (she's gonna take every step under control to make sure it'll be perfect). So, it'll be another month w/o teeth for me as well as eating soup/soft food only... I, the patient, was ordered to have patience again! As for my doctors, the oral surgeon, Dr. Farnad, was referred by my dentist, Dr. Ota, and came to operate from his Beverly Hills Dental Center (L.A.) You may contact him through his website. My dentist is the presiding dentist at Salida Dental Group (Modesto area). I got my whole operation deal from Dr. Farnad for 32k (ins pay them another 4k).
doc ariel

Philippines

#56 Feb 8, 2013
i have a patients with tooth no.23 prepared for overdenture but he wants fixed bridge. He still have some abutments remaining for fixed denture.My question is will a fixed bridge worked or function with #23 still there?Will it make appear bulky on that part?
Liz

United States

#57 Jun 12, 2013
Same situation as you! I had my remaining 27 teeth extracted. Did months & months of research to find BEST solution (my husband is a surgical PA & my father is an MD....so safety was the 1st concern!)
I chose Dr Mike Golpa, DDS located in Las Vegas, NV. I live in Michiagn. After MONTHS of getting quotes, consultations, and having appointments with Michigan-based DDS/Prosthodontists/Oral Surgeons, I was dismayed & quite upset. I was told it would be a two year process and cost would be $55,000 for the Non-Porcelain Bridges (composite resin) and another $17,000 to do the extractions & implant surgery with the Oral Surgeon.
In the end.....after MUCH research it was Dr Golpa, DDS that was the best safety, best $ deal, best options,best time duration (2 days!!!), the best Guarantee, best Materials, best DDS training, best staff! Yes, I had to figure-in the cost of airfare & time away from home, but Dr Golpa, DDS PAYS FOR your hotel for all the days you are in Las Vegas. He, also, handles ALL transportation from the airport and back and your DAILY transportation to and from his office.
I had the Upper and Lower "All-On-Four System" placed (4 implants in top & 4 on bottom). This is Nobel Bio-Care system. They are just GORGEOUS bridges. Many different Colors, gum colors, shapes to choose from. The staff is PHENOMENAL! Dr Golpa, DDS is meticulous, professional, so dedicated, gets down to business, and will do EVERYTHING to make sure YOU are happy with the appearance. He was trained by the inventor of the "All on Four" Procedure right by his side (Palo Malo).
Cost is EXACTLY what they say on their website.$17,500 upper arch. Same for Lower Arch OR both for $34,000 ($1,000 discount). This price inclures ALL extractions, ALL appointments & your one return visit 8 weeks later, ALL Anesthesia! Theres more that is included, but i MUST stop for a minute to e plain that the anesthesia is IV Sedation (not some little relax pill you take)---you are OUT! Also, the anesthesia is administered by a Board Certified Anesthesiologist MD Doctor so that Dr Golpa, DDS can handle your mouth while the MD minitors YOU. The Anesthesiologist NEVER leaves yoursidethroughoutthe entire extraction Nd implant surgery. He remains durning your recovery. This is CRUCIAL! because many DDS try to do both jobs during the sirgery and that is NOT safe! My surgery was 5 hours for 27 extractions, stitching, 8 implants, recovery and NEITHER left my side throughout the entire process!
To get back to what the fee includes, besides what I mentioned before discussing the Anesthesia.....the fee includes all of the Ct Scans, XRays, Panoramic X Ray, Bite Molds, Hard Cast molds, implants, the abutments, the GORGEOUS bridges made on a Titanium framework, bite adjustment, the implant surgery, all materials and taxes. Plus, free hotel and transportation DAILY! I Rrived on a Monday afternoon---had all tests, molds, X-rays--Tues Picked up for surgery at 6:45am---done by 3:00---the VERY NEXT day, I had a full set of teeth and was done!
Dr Golpa's Office will bill your insurance for you so that you can get your benefit $. They have the Care Credit option if you want to use that. The staff works as a team (Dr Golpa, DDS included!). Just the BEST dental experience I have EVER had. Even the front desk staff is part of the team and treated so well. Carlos and Kealy and Amanda are such professionals and very helpful.
Give Dr Golpa, DDS in Las Vegas a call. Even though you may have to travel there----- hotel is on them, transportation EVERYWHERE is on them, the cost is the BEST nationally, and Dr Golpa stands behind his word! I had a small problem once I got home & he flew me (&husb) back on his dime to fix it $ put us up at the MGM. He was so upset I had a problem with discomfort!
This experience was AMAZING & I am terrified of the dentist usually! All on Four teeth in a day= not a gimmick= Dr Mike Golpa, DDS! CALL! Wrote on 6-12-2013
Paul

Moorpark, CA

#58 Dec 2, 2013
I am going to have 4implants on each jaw and a full mouth dentures how uncomfortable is it going to be and for how long I am scared and worried any advise?
Lee

United States

#59 Dec 13, 2013
I've been doing research on the All on 4 permanent prosthesis. I currently have the overdenture which means the mini pins will have to be removed. I'm interested in any information and advice anyone could give. mikeswiss how did your permanent work out for you? Would you recommend your dentist? Liz I have seen Dr. Golpa while trying to do research. Did you go with the porcelain?
Colleen

The Plains, VA

#60 Mar 22, 2014
I have been wearing my upper implant supported denture for a week now. I asked to have pallete opened up which he did but would like more. Still feels like sucking on plastic. Also food has gotten underneath is that normal. I have to put on rubber gloves and try for a good 15 min to pull out. All implants make a snapping sound when clicked in except one of thr back ones, does that mean its not in? Not real happy, had to have a bone graft and sinus lift first. Thought I would love but dissappointrd

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dentures Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mini Implants do they work? 5 hr RogerWM 7
Cheer up New Denture Wearers (Sep '08) Sat Thepamommy 5,601
I hate my dentures! (Oct '11) Fri Hi Steve 291
30 year Denture Tech is here to help answer que... (May '12) Mar 27 Jennifer1964 58
Overbite (Jun '11) Mar 26 robert 15
Denture Adhesives and Useful Tips for New Wearers (Feb '12) Mar 26 BarbB 792
Let's talk COST of implants/hybrids/fixed bridg... (Jul '12) Mar 26 RogerWM 1,461
More from around the web