new denture wearer
Angel

Santee, CA

#1092 Apr 23, 2012
I used a prescription bottle .... hah .... the only bad part is that people wonder about that white 'powder' .... ;) .... I was waiting to hear from you - glad you are doing so much better ... yes, that 'goo' is icky .... but, I think those that have a bottom denture find it more effective .... I absolutely prefered the powder - just remember that hot liquids and carbonation will loosen it up prematurly ....

Since: Apr 12

Hot Springs National Park, AR

#1093 Apr 23, 2012
Angel wrote:
I used a prescription bottle .... hah .... the only bad part is that people wonder about that white 'powder'.... ;).... I was waiting to hear from you - glad you are doing so much better ... yes, that 'goo' is icky .... but, I think those that have a bottom denture find it more effective .... I absolutely prefered the powder - just remember that hot liquids and carbonation will loosen it up prematurly ....
Using a prescription bottle doesn't put too much out on the denture does it? I don't need any on the uppers.. just the lower. The gooey stuff was okay but still unstable and well just plain icky. I hated using it so I finally broke down and bought the powder today and girl.... I'm in love with it. I would have posted sooner but it would have been SSDD and well I just didn't want to bring everyone else down with my depression and negativity. I'm a positive person and well.. I wanted to wait just a bit longer and then let people know, like so many of you guys have already, that it DOES get better. I had a soda with my dinner.. its not loose really, but it's not as tight as it was earlier either.. Does that make any sense? I just hate I won't be able to enjoy my coffee with them in while at work, but that is a sacrafice I am willing to make right now. My speech isn't perfect but it's a lot better than it was yesterday. The monkey lip tho.. there can't be anything done about it until I get my permanents because of how my natural teeth had grown in and had my gums shaped. It doesn't bother too much unless I smile, then I can really feel it. But hopefully I will get used to the sensation and learn to ignore it. Anyways, I think I have rambled on enough here..hahaha.. have a good night!
kEVIN

Marysville, WA

#1094 May 19, 2012
IVE had all my teeth pulled out recently. 6months ago. I have a full upper and lower denture, I am a professional musician and singer and was extremely worried about my resonance and general singing. In six months time I am now out performing daily. No fear just use extra adhesive on your performance days. until I get the implant posts. Its amazing what the human body can get use to. A word of advise go to every single fitting and adjustment appt. even if they feel tedious it will help them feel even more natural. Best wishes Sing your Heart out
Kevin
saveusall

United States

#1095 May 31, 2012
I am one of the people suing p&g and you sound like you work for them soon you will see us all over the new from cost to cost every one needs to stay away from these products they are poisoning people !!!!!!!!
Angel wrote:
JasonKing .... I think this is nothing but an ad from a law firm. These posts keep appearing under different names all over this forum .... please STOP .... we all watch the news .... those who want to participate in the lawsuit are smart enough to find the information.
You are very rude and insensitive to keep chipping away at people who are here to seek help from one another. We have enough problems.
Angel

Santee, CA

#1096 Jun 1, 2012
saveusall wrote:
I am one of the people suing p&g and you sound like you work for them soon you will see us all over the new from cost to cost every one needs to stay away from these products they are poisoning people !!!!!!!! <quoted text>
No ... I'm not working for anyone. It is distressing to hear that you are having a problem with whatever product you are using. It's my opinion only that like any product in the world, some people are sensitive to it, but maybe not the majority. I will be keeping up with the progress of your clsass action suit - of course I would never promote poison. That's ridiculous.
Anna

Waukesha, WI

#1097 Jun 16, 2012
Can't stand my dentures. Can't eat. No taste and food gags me.
Anna

Waukesha, WI

#1098 Jun 16, 2012
Have upper denture for two years. Can't eat and food sometimes gag me
DEE

Oceanside, CA

#1099 Jun 25, 2012
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats what I am getting, a set of immediate for the top. My dentist said I may have troublewith them since the oof of my mouth s so high. I am getting mine done on 6/11 - I am starting to get a little nervous.
NO way i dont know what your dentist is thinking i have such a high roof just got my dentures 5 days ago and my doctor said a high roof helps and it does good luck

Since: Jun 12

Attleboro, MA

#1100 Jun 27, 2012
best adhesive I've found was: Cushion Grip. it takes more work but the stuff holds for a good 4-5 days and doesnt swell up like the pink gunk.
Rooty

Stites, ID

#1101 Jul 7, 2012
Leo Ven wrote:
best adhesive I've found was: Cushion Grip. it takes more work but the stuff holds for a good 4-5 days and doesnt swell up like the pink gunk.
You are not leaving your denture/s in for 4 or 5 days are you? They should be removed every night to give your gums a much needed break. try a powder adhesive instead.
Deb

Brooklyn, NY

#1102 Sep 7, 2012
Hi, I've had an upper denture for about a month now. I can hardly wear it, i'm trying, but i have a gagging problem and i just can't get used to it. there are times i have to just pull the denture out because i feel like i'm gagging. Anyone else have this problem?? Is there anything that helps?? I'm getting desperate and walking around without it in is embarrassing. I find myself avoiding talking to anyone. Help!! Thanks so much.
Deb

Brooklyn, NY

#1103 Sep 7, 2012
I had my upper teeth removed on August 1st, it's been a month now and i still can't wear my denture for more than an our without gagging. I wish I knew what to do!! I get so nausious and have to take them out right away when that feeling comes over me. The dentist had to cut out some of the palate to try and help me but now i have to use adhesive, lots of it, because the suction doesn't work. It's just turned into a mess. I'm hoping to get implants, i'll take out a loan, i don't care. i can't go the rest of my life like this!! But, even with the implants, it's going to take months!!!
dds

Hyattsville, MD

#1104 Sep 18, 2012
Jena wrote:
I have had my upper plate now for a little over a year. They still hurt at times and it seems that I just have learned to live with them. It is funny how my parents both had dentures and I cannot ever remember them ever complaining. I have had my husband sand them off, and he also gave me a u shape on the pallet. It seems to make me feel a bit better, but I feel if the whole pallet was out, it would work better for me. I would also like to know if anyone has ever had some of the teeth removed from the plate? I would like about two of the back teeth removed on each side. Has anyone ever done that? I have to use glue anyway, so what would it hurt? Also I never went back for a hard reline, would that help? My dentist's staff are smart asses, and I just cannot bring myself to face that treatment anymore. Thanks for listening, any feedback is greatly welcomed.
I wonder why they are so insistent that they have to cover the entire palatte? I don't get it-
dds

Hyattsville, MD

#1105 Sep 18, 2012
I don't understand why they insist on covering the entire palatte- i am getting ready to go from a partial to full top- I have been really messed over by several dentists- really really a nightmare. So this is the last thing- and I'm dreading it and very depressed. I am terribly afraid about speech and eating and so forth. Glad this is here.
Deb

Brooklyn, NY

#1106 Sep 19, 2012
From what i understand, the palate being covered gives the denture it's "suction" so that you dont have to use so much glue!! My problem now is that my gums have shrunk already and the denture feels so damn big in my mouth and with my gagging problem, UGH, just can't do it. I decided that i just don't care and i'm not wearing them!! I have an appt with NYU Dentistry and i'm hoping their prices are better for implants than the prices i've gotten from regular surgeons. I just can't wait to smile and feel "normal" again!!!
wanta eat steak

Memphis, TN

#1107 Nov 9, 2012
i was just told by the folks at the dental college i need full dentures. I went in expecting to have 4 implants put in on lower and bridge, i was told the bone was fine for that. But was told the bone was iffy on upper for same. Going back for second opinion today at college, Should i allow them to pull all my upper teeth even if i think they would be fine for a few more years? its my upper and lower steak teeth thats gone..
sorry

Bowling Green, OH

#1108 Nov 9, 2012
wanta eat steak wrote:
i was just told by the folks at the dental college i need full dentures. I went in expecting to have 4 implants put in on lower and bridge, i was told the bone was fine for that. But was told the bone was iffy on upper for same. Going back for second opinion today at college, Should i allow them to pull all my upper teeth even if i think they would be fine for a few more years? its my upper and lower steak teeth thats gone..
You should never ever let anyone pull all your teeth if you think there's any chance at all to save them. Once they're gone, it's final, and dentures are no fun. It's worth any time and expense to keep whatever teeth you can for however long you can keep them.
Impatient one

Yelm, WA

#1109 Nov 13, 2012
Im about 13 days into a full set of dentures, I just got them adjusted yesterday and it felt GREAT on the way home I was even able to talk clearly...I made a mistake I think by taking 1 advil before I went in. even tho I was able to feel the owie spots I think it dulled it to much. today I have new owie spots and it is driving me nuts! I know allot of people who have dentures and they keep telling me it will get better..It does little by little every day but Im so hungry for more solid foods. I still eat the soft foods and feel if I had the denture adhesive I'd be able to eat a little more than I do..Im so impatient for solid food I'm going nuts!! On thanksgiving it will be a full 3 weeks I HOPE I CAN ENJOY some of the yummy food.
Chris C

Louisburg, NC

#1110 Nov 15, 2012
Well I am finally going to get my upper dentures in December. I have 7 top teeth to get pulled, have a partial now for a few years. Hoping that will make it easier for my mouth to adjust to a denture. But presently don't have my "back teeth" up there so think my mouth will feel "full" with the denture too. I hated my partial at first when I got it years ago but adjusted. Hoping it works the same for the denture. I've lost too much bone (by putting this off and periodontal/gum problems) for any type implant. Will try to save my bottom teeth, so far still have them but, again, gum pockets but much minimal. Top teeth have gotten too loose so have to get denture. I've enjoyed reading the posts here, peeking in at times over the year, have picked up some great tips! Plan to go look for that powder and a couple other to try.
Impatient one

Yelm, WA

#1111 Nov 15, 2012
Chris C wrote:
Well I am finally going to get my upper dentures in December. I have 7 top teeth to get pulled, have a partial now for a few years. Hoping that will make it easier for my mouth to adjust to a denture. But presently don't have my "back teeth" up there so think my mouth will feel "full" with the denture too. I hated my partial at first when I got it years ago but adjusted. Hoping it works the same for the denture. I've lost too much bone (by putting this off and periodontal/gum problems) for any type implant. Will try to save my bottom teeth, so far still have them but, again, gum pockets but much minimal. Top teeth have gotten too loose so have to get denture. I've enjoyed reading the posts here, peeking in at times over the year, have picked up some great tips! Plan to go look for that powder and a couple other to try.
My brother just got a full upper he had a partial and he is quite use to it now its only been maybe 6 months for him, he said he bit his tongue and cheeks allot at first but that was due to not being use to having teeth in the back. He has no problems with his now and is smiling allot more :) good luck!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dentures Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cheer up New Denture Wearers (Sep '08) 1 hr Lisa 5,890
Cleaning dentures with soft relines (Apr '10) 13 hr Dean 78
Dentures and Dry Mouth 21 hr Gloria 1
Soaking dentures overnight 21 hr hockeygal55 12
I hate my dentures! (Oct '11) Fri Comfort Lining 350
Avadent digital dentures? (Mar '14) Jun 22 Dr V 6
Need help please ! Jun 21 Candee34 1
More from around the web