Hybridge Dental Implants

Posted in the Dentures Forum

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Carrot

Brattleboro, VT

#1 Jul 24, 2012
Has anyone had these, and/or has anyone had positive/negative experience? They are costly, and it would be good to hear some comments.
Carrot

Brattleboro, VT

#2 Jul 24, 2012
Oops. My post referred to Hybridge Dental Implants. Has anyone positive/negative comments about them?

Since: Jul 12

Rochester, NY

#3 Jul 25, 2012
Good morning. My name is Chris and I work for Hybridge Dental Implants. I don't mean to intrude on your post and of course welcome any feedback as your post requests. But I did want to reach out to you to offer to put you in touch with a Hybridge Certified doctor near you so that you can have any questions you might have answered. If we can be of help in anyway, don't hesitate to ask. Warmest regards, -Chris
Carrot

Brattleboro, VT

#4 Jul 25, 2012
Thanks, Chris. I know about a Hybridge dentist, but am anxious to talk with patients who ave had experience with the process.
murrie

Plainfield, IN

#5 Sep 2, 2012
Carrot wrote:
Thanks, Chris. I know about a Hybridge dentist, but am anxious to talk with patients who ave had experience with the process.
I am a patient and am looking to talk to others patients about it as my experience has not been all they said it would be.After 11 months I still dont have mine and the cost was outrageous and I had to pay in full and I still dont have it
Sarah

Rochester, NY

#6 Oct 7, 2012
I'm also looking into this and want to know what it's really like. I haven't been able to find any "reviews" on them except on the Hybridge website (which we all know are bias).

Murrie, why do you still not have them? Did something go wrong? Or is it just taking longer (a lot longer, it sounds like) than they said it would.
murrie

Plainfield, IN

#7 Oct 7, 2012
Sarah,
Maybe because u live where they make them u might have better luck...this entire experience has cost me plenty with very poor results so far. They now tell me that the 16 weeks they say are just guidelines and every patient is different. I should have bought a time share instead and just got false teeth. The quailty of each try on has been poor at best and I am hoping that this week they will get it right. I think individual implants would have been a better idea. I will let u know when they are finally in if it was worth it after all, cause I will be paying this off for years to care credit.
wondering

Rutland, MA

#9 Mar 24, 2013
So ummmm do you have them and are they all they said they would be?
murrie wrote:
Sarah,
Maybe because u live where they make them u might have better luck...this entire experience has cost me plenty with very poor results so far. They now tell me that the 16 weeks they say are just guidelines and every patient is different. I should have bought a time share instead and just got false teeth. The quailty of each try on has been poor at best and I am hoping that this week they will get it right. I think individual implants would have been a better idea. I will let u know when they are finally in if it was worth it after all, cause I will be paying this off for years to care credit.
murrie

Plainfield, IN

#10 Mar 26, 2013
I finally received them and they are just ok.....they waited til they were in to tell me all the things they never mentioned in the year it took to get them....Things like they are only warranted for one year...they really dont fit into your gums so there are gaps that are difficult to clean...you HAVE TO sleep with a night guard the rest of your life so you dont crack them if you clench your teeth and so on......Was it worth all the money in the long run? No, I think indidvidual implants would have been better...But on a single positive note they are very real looking when I smile.
mikeswiss

United States

#11 Mar 26, 2013
Hi Murrie, Thanks for sharing. Besides their 'look'(real or beautiful), how do your new teeth function? Are they comfortable when you have mouth (jaw) motion? Do they hurt your mouth tissue at all when mouth in motion? How do they perform biting and eating? You speak in usual way now? Are your voice (words) clear and precise now? and most of all, how do you feel as you have your new teeth permanently in your mouth?

I am receiving two (I call) streamline full dentures w/o metal bar permanently attached to implants I got 2+ months ago. They are not settled in my mouth yet (not streamlined enough, need correction). I just want to compare them for all perspectives and may change my final decision if there is significant difference or advantage. Thanks
wondering

Rutland, MA

#12 Mar 26, 2013
does anyone have any results ... I hear complaints and then nothings. Whats up?
murrie wrote:
Sarah,
Wondering

Rutland, MA

#13 Mar 27, 2013
Ihave to say I expected to have the space and figured they would collect some stuff underneath. I did ask about it and my dentist did tell me that. He skirted around the warrenty a bit and did mention that to fix them it would be cheaper than regular implants. I did price out individual implants and the price tag was around 60,000 plus.(I need full mouth). As for the amount of time.. I was told to expect about 6 mos depending on healing and the like. I know someone that did that Golpa 4 on 4 full teeth in a day and they had all kinds of issues with implants falling out and getting swollen and the like. I think I would rather have the implants fully fused in there before I tried eating on them and having issues with using them too soon. I guess I would like to know the same questions that Mikeswiss is asking so if you could elaborate on those I would truly appreciate it. As for wearing the mouth guard.. hmmm ok.. well not sure I will follow that rule. But shhh! dont say anything..:) It certainly is nice to hear that you have a nice smile.. Thats something I am looking forward to as well.
murrie wrote:
I finally received them and they are just ok.....they waited til they were in to tell me all the things they never mentioned in the year it took to get them....Things like they are only warranted for one year...they really dont fit into your gums so there are gaps that are difficult to clean...you HAVE TO sleep with a night guard the rest of your life so you dont crack them if you clench your teeth and so on......Was it worth all the money in the long run? No, I think indidvidual implants would have been better...But on a single positive note they are very real looking when I smile.
mikeswiss

United States

#14 Mar 27, 2013
Ok, now I am a bit confused after I browsed to Hybridge Dental Implants website. Can anyone clarify that the metal bar is attached to the denture or to the top of ridge? I have run over other dental websites and one of them shows each step of installing the implant supported denture including one that the surgeon would (kind of) flatten out your ridge top after extraction so the metal bar (which is flat) can be attached to the ridge top. Then the denture with flat base would sit on the metal bar and all are fixed to the underneath implants. However, may be there is other way to do this with metal bar attached to the bottom of the denture and fixed to implants? If ridge is flattened then everything will be fixed with implants on ridge top and there will be no/little space to collect stuff? Which one murrie got? Please share.
wondering

Rutland, MA

#15 Mar 27, 2013
I have been in the dental office and have seen the model so I will tell you what I have seen and my understanding. The teeth are molded in a metal piece it seems like kind of a tray and the metal seems only visable from the back. The implants are individual in the gums and the screws go through the gums and teeth in some spots through the metal tray and into the implants, Since the tray is sitting on the implants there appears to be a very small space between the parts of the metal tray and the gumline in the areas where the tray does not meet the implant. I have seen other methods that utilize a metal bar, however I do not believe this is one of them. However "Murrie" our resident expert would be best to answer.
mikeswiss wrote:
Ok, now I am a bit confused after I browsed to Hybridge Dental Implants website. Can anyone clarify that the metal bar is attached to the denture or to the top of ridge? I have run over other dental websites and one of them shows each step of installing the implant supported denture including one that the surgeon would (kind of) flatten out your ridge top after extraction so the metal bar (which is flat) can be attached to the ridge top. Then the denture with flat base would sit on the metal bar and all are fixed to the underneath implants. However, may be there is other way to do this with metal bar attached to the bottom of the denture and fixed to implants? If ridge is flattened then everything will be fixed with implants on ridge top and there will be no/little space to collect stuff? Which one murrie got? Please share.
murrie

Plainfield, IN

#16 Mar 28, 2013
I will say that eating with them takes some time to get used to. Also you have to be careful not to eat things with bones or thick things like bagels as I was advised they could easily crack. The metal bar is behind the teeth making it feel like plastic covering instead of the back of my natural teeth. And of course because they arent real you dont have any feeling in them like your own teeth. I went this route because it would have cost me over 40,000 dollars for implants and this was a little more than half that price.
Learning to speak took several weeks with mouth exercises I had to repeat alot to get it right.
Oh and I am not wearing the mouth guard...it made me gag.
Wondering

Rutland, MA

#17 Mar 28, 2013
Hey Murrie,
Thanks for answering.. So just to clarify.. Was the 40,000 only for uppers or lowers and not both? I was quoted 40k for both uppers and lowers. And of course they give a few thousand off for paying up front. Oh boy.. I should have been a dentist .. Geesh! I would guess that a mouth full of individual implants would give the same non real feelings as I would think they wouldnt feel any more real then what you have now. By the way, Thanks for being so candid as its been difficult to say the least to find anyone that has been honest or has said anything at all. Other than the canned responses from the manufacturer.
mikeswiss

United States

#18 Mar 28, 2013
wondering wrote:
... The teeth are molded in a metal piece it seems like kind of a tray and the metal seems only visable from the back... Since the tray is sitting on the implants there appears to be a very small space between the parts of the metal tray and the gumline in the areas where the tray does not meet the implant...
wondering, 2 comments here:
1. Are you saying that the new teeth are directly molded into the metal piece? There is no other material (like acrylic as the base of regular denture) between teeth and metal piece? This is hard to imagine for me.
2. As you said the metal piece sits right on implant sites leaving other area of metal tray 'unattached' with the underneath gum to form tiny empty space (welcoming food particles to invade). If this is true (no matter how small the space could be according to each case), it seems to be a disadvantage to (my) streamline implant-supported dentures?

As for murrie's experience, I wonder what's the 'cracking' or breaking deal for this type of denture? So far, I receive no such kind of warning from my dentist, YET. Is this all due the metal tray structure or ??? I have heard that even regular denture wearers can eat hard nuts w/o problems. Why you are restricted to eat such hard food with this type denture? Just wondering.

Thanks for sharing.
wondering

Rutland, MA

#19 Mar 28, 2013
Mikeswiss,

If you look at the hybridge videos it shows how they are constructed. There is plastic or acrylic in the front and only the metal is visable from the rear. The teeth dont sit on the gums but on the implants from what I am told so there is a space, probably just a mm, aa very small space. Maybe you should go and see the hybridge at a dentist office. It didnt cost me anything to take a look. Nothing beats putting your hands on the model to take a look. For the money they are asking I just want to make sure I am getting the best bang for the buck. I am sure you feel the same.
wondering

Rutland, MA

#20 Mar 28, 2013
When I say Teeth.. I mean the teeth and gums and I believe from the description everything is some kind of acrylic. I am a bit disappointed that you cant eat a bagel without concern cause quite frankly they are kind of soft. I can see and deal with nuts and ice and hard stuff but a bagel?
mikeswiss wrote:
<quoted text>
wondering, 2 comments here:
1. Are you saying that the new teeth are directly molded into the metal piece? There is no other material (like acrylic as the base of regular denture) between teeth and metal piece? This is hard to imagine for me.
2. As you said the metal piece sits right on implant sites leaving other area of metal tray 'unattached' with the underneath gum to form tiny empty space (welcoming food particles to invade). If this is true (no matter how small the space could be according to each case), it seems to be a disadvantage to (my) streamline implant-supported dentures?
As for murrie's experience, I wonder what's the 'cracking' or breaking deal for this type of denture? So far, I receive no such kind of warning from my dentist, YET. Is this all due the metal tray structure or ??? I have heard that even regular denture wearers can eat hard nuts w/o problems. Why you are restricted to eat such hard food with this type denture? Just wondering.
Thanks for sharing.
murrie

Plainfield, IN

#21 Mar 29, 2013
The foods I mentioned are included in the list of do's and dont's the dentist gave me. Overall its just ok....I expected more of an implant than what I consider this to be which is a set of false teeth screwed into my upper mouth. Hygiene is very important....many things can get stuck and do in the spaces. I just dont think this has been perfected enuff and should not be advertised as it is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dentures Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I hate my dentures! (Oct '11) Sun denture one 368
Depressed because of my dentures (Oct '14) Sun Julie 83
Full Dentures are the WRONG CHOICE!!! (Feb '12) May 18 missannienow 522
Anyone else have this issue: creeped out by yo... May 17 Rivers89H 1
Seeing implant from under bottom dentures May 15 Artist 2
Gums have constant mucus on the. They get soft... (Jun '17) May 15 Arlene 4
New product for dentures May 14 EsteeDarla 2