How do I make my dentist fix my dentu...
Angel

Santee, CA

#107 Sep 26, 2011
My dentist has his lab in the office .... look up Dr. Howard Feffer, La Mesa, CA (outskirt San Diego) .... you can read about him on his website. The woman you see and hear when you go to that website is me .... they are worth every dime and every drive.
sorry

Upper Sandusky, OH

#108 Sep 27, 2011
Angel, I've watched your video. Sometimes I wonder how many other people feel like you and I do about dentures.
Angel

Santee, CA

#109 Sep 28, 2011
I don't know Sorry; but isn't it interesting that he chose my story? So, I'm guessing he must hear that a lot. All I can say is Thank God I found that man and his office. That video was made as part of a presentation he gave at a senior living convention 2 years ago in San Diego .... I did not get paid to do it - none of that was scripted in any way. A producer sat down with me, I had a mic in my ear and he would ask questions and I would just answer them. It was so healing to me to be heard, and I was so excited to hear back from him that so many people identified with it. I think what he was trying to show is that denture wearers do have options that can 'help' to make a bad situation much better. If I had not gone on to implants, I would have definetly stayed with that snap-in, which is a whole lot better than that denture.
john young

Schaumburg, IL

#110 Sep 30, 2011
seems i have the same problems as many others,i spent alot of money for nothing.are there any legal offices to handle our problems ?it seems like after payment nobody is held accountable.we need help help in illinois please
julie

Hilham, TN

#111 Oct 19, 2011
the plate part of my bottom bridge actually protrudes out from under my bottom lip. It is so obvious when I smile and shows in pictures- what can be done about that?
notsmilingyet

San Dimas, CA

#112 Oct 26, 2011
julie wrote:
the plate part of my bottom bridge actually protrudes out from under my bottom lip. It is so obvious when I smile and shows in pictures- what can be done about that?
if it is that bad, i would ask that it be re made or my money back and i've learned it helps to take someone with you. if only for moral support. if it looks wrong, it is wrong.
notsmilingyet

San Dimas, CA

#113 Oct 26, 2011
angel, i just wathed your video and it made me cry, i could relate so much to what you're going through. i am without dental ins. now so am trying to find someone to work with me and at the very least, replace my upper.
Angel wrote:
I don't know Sorry; but isn't it interesting that he chose my story? So, I'm guessing he must hear that a lot. All I can say is Thank God I found that man and his office. That video was made as part of a presentation he gave at a senior living convention 2 years ago in San Diego .... I did not get paid to do it - none of that was scripted in any way. A producer sat down with me, I had a mic in my ear and he would ask questions and I would just answer them. It was so healing to me to be heard, and I was so excited to hear back from him that so many people identified with it. I think what he was trying to show is that denture wearers do have options that can 'help' to make a bad situation much better. If I had not gone on to implants, I would have definetly stayed with that snap-in, which is a whole lot better than that denture.
Deanna

Coos Bay, OR

#114 Oct 27, 2011
Hello~ I had all my top teeth pulled and a denture made and at first it did'nt fit at all and I've been going back for small adjustments and I can tell its getting much better but I'd like to know where in the roof of my mouth is the denture supposed to sit? At first it gaged me it was so far back in throat....Where its sitting now causes pain and a sore spot after wearing; The other problem is the denture tips from side to side when I try to chew. I don't have many teeth on bottom and will be getting a partial..I wonder if the lack of bottom teeth is making the top denture tilt/tip? Thank you so much! Deanna

Since: Apr 11

Naperville, IL

#115 Oct 28, 2011
Deanna wrote:
Hello~ I had all my top teeth pulled and a denture made and at first it did'nt fit at all and I've been going back for small adjustments and I can tell its getting much better but I'd like to know where in the roof of my mouth is the denture supposed to sit? At first it gaged me it was so far back in throat....Where its sitting now causes pain and a sore spot after wearing; The other problem is the denture tips from side to side when I try to chew. I don't have many teeth on bottom and will be getting a partial..I wonder if the lack of bottom teeth is making the top denture tilt/tip? Thank you so much! Deanna
How long ago were your extractions? That plays in a big factor in how your denture is fitting (rocking). My top plate rocked all the time in the beginning. It seemed to rock differently almost daily. My extractions were 7 months ago and it no longer rocks... The shrinking has slowed enough that the soft relines keep it in place without rocking for a couple of months at a time. If your lower teeth are hitting the uppers weird, you might want to go into the office and have your bite adjusted. It's very simple for them to adjust a bite.
I was told that the back of an upper denture should end just a TINY bit shy of where the hard palate ends and the soft palate begins. If the denture is too long it'll lose suction, and if it's too short you'll lose suction. It's a very fine line.
I have gagging issues to this day but it's from where the ridge line of the denture rubs against the sides of my tongue. I'm told this is fairly common as the mouth heals. My permanent upper denture will feel much less bulky (as it will be molded to how the bone ridges are now as opposed to the immediate which was molded from my pre-op mouth), which should take care of the gagging.
Good luck to you!!
Deanna

Coos Bay, OR

#116 Oct 28, 2011
Avigayil wrote:
<quoted text>
How long ago were your extractions? That plays in a big factor in how your denture is fitting (rocking). My top plate rocked all the time in the beginning. It seemed to rock differently almost daily. My extractions were 7 months ago and it no longer rocks... The shrinking has slowed enough that the soft relines keep it in place without rocking for a couple of months at a time. If your lower teeth are hitting the uppers weird, you might want to go into the office and have your bite adjusted. It's very simple for them to adjust a bite.
I was told that the back of an upper denture should end just a TINY bit shy of where the hard palate ends and the soft palate begins. If the denture is too long it'll lose suction, and if it's too short you'll lose suction. It's a very fine line.
I have gagging issues to this day but it's from where the ridge line of the denture rubs against the sides of my tongue. I'm told this is fairly common as the mouth heals. My permanent upper denture will feel much less bulky (as it will be molded to how the bone ridges are now as opposed to the immediate which was molded from my pre-op mouth), which should take care of the gagging.
Good luck to you!!
Its been many months since my extractions like 8-9. The Denture maker had to leave on medical several times a couple months at a time and now hes goe for 2 weeks so I'm going elsewhere. He has done several adjustments but it still feels so uncomfortable and I can't talk correctly. Thankyou for postiing and I hope this next adjustment will do the trick....It feels too big in my mouth for sure.(ThankYOU again)
Wendy

Ballwin, MO

#117 Mar 9, 2012
I got all my teeth extracted 8 days ago. I have been back to the dentist like 4 times all ready for adjustments. I feel like when I go to him now It makes me feel like I am waisting his time. He dosent listen to me when I ask for adjustments. Its like he shaves a little off and hes done. I paid cash for my whole procedure and dentures. By gosh I want it done right. Its something I have to live with for life. So I can't tolerate the blisters every other day or so. I am definetly getting used to them. I love them and the way they look. Just not the way the bottom ones fit.
debbie

Jupiter, FL

#118 Sep 10, 2012
I got Top dentures JULY 18,2012.They do not fit, The do not crown the top of my mounth and if i push them up the front pops out .. They rock back and forth. I have been to the dentist almost once a week , They bleed for the first 3 weeks , very tight , then the swelling went down and they are not fitting,, The dentist keeps telling me it is not fully healed but i can not eat... I am losing weight.. I can not sleep. I wanna throw them away ... He just keeps adjusting the sides ans he tells me it will me a long time to make the final adjustment .. help.. I am going again to him, he just keeps grinding the sides but it does not fit. very very unhappy
Gina

Chesterton, IN

#119 Dec 18, 2012
I also have han nothing but nigtmares with my top plate.
I jad all off my top teeth including a porcelain bridge removed April 21,.2012 and the temporary never fit. Now after November 27th 2012 he has put in the permanent plate and have yet been able to eat anything that needs to be biten.
He blamed it on peridontis which was not on my uppers.
The teeth do not fit the front teeth are too small and half the time I look as if I do not have any teeeth in my mouth.
I spent over $9,000.00 and he flat out does not care.
I would be in heaven if I could eat a sandwich and get off the mush (8) months worth and have lost 18 lbs I could not afford to lose.
He took the x-rays and did the extractions and has seen from day one none that nothing is working.
So now he says I can spend more money for pins.
If this is what I needed why didn't he say I needed this from the beginning.
So I have not been able to have any holiday eating or even be able to smile.
Whe I had the final plae put in I went to work and a co-worker looked at me and said "Where are your teth" the time energy and emotional and physical toll is getting the best of me.
nancy

United States

#120 Jan 10, 2013
I had all my teeth pulled and dentures put in right after about a week later I went in for an ajustment. He took of all sucktion on top and bottom off my dentures. Theymade another pair about 3 weks later. They were so thick I looked like I had cotton stuffed in my bottom lip and the top denture gaged me so bad I could not even wear them they made them so big I had to plll and streach my mouth to even get them in. The other pair they made are so thin you can see through them and the front tooth has a crack in them. I have not been able to chew for 6 months now. Everyboty tell me they are such big dentures and it looks like they would break and you could stick a pin through them. Is this normal will I be able ever to eat.
DJB

Atoka, OK

#121 Mar 1, 2013
had my upper teeth pulled for dentures and a partial on the bottom, all teeth were pulled at the same time ended up in the hospital for 3 week with infection, anybody have a similar experience, I'm still swollen and have to have cosmetic work to fix scars from where the tubes were inserted to drain infection...
chris

Bartlesville, OK

#123 Apr 14, 2013
I had top and bottom and its been a month and i still cant eat my bottom keeps pop out. i still have bones coming out what can i do
Ricky

Pompano Beach, FL

#125 Jun 25, 2013
I cannot believe how many of you are going through same horrid experience as I am. Trusted Dentist who removed eight bottom teeth. Had upper dentures form years ago,looked natural with great fit, no need for adhesives. Dentist took impression of my Old uppers. Told him, want exact look. He said, "baby teeth"? Yes, mouth is small and so are my teeth with Over bite. Bottom teeth were removed with immediate Lowers. Two weeks later, tried my best to adjust to these HUGE teeth which bent inward, not like my own. End result is, am wearing my Old uppers and No bottoms also HUGE! Guess what Dentist is Paid through a Loan! He did not listen. Been suffering for over 3 months!Today is Showdown. Mine and other Dentists need a Wake Up Call! Stress form this experience, landed me in Hospital with Panic Anxiety Attack, which mimics Stroke! My Doctor recommended get satisfaction Asap!Am under nourished from liquid diet! Like I said today is Judgement Day for He is at fault Not the Lab!
mikeswiss

Modesto, CA

#126 Jun 25, 2013
Ricky wrote:
...Like I said today is Judgement Day for He is at fault Not the Lab!
Ricky, Sorry and glad to hear your story/experience. I had the similar painful experience like you did. I am glad because you are the only one on this forum that actually clarified, with your own case, the faulty treatment from a dentist. Many people here complaining about their dentists never had any clear evidence or authoritative proof to claim their dentists are responsible for the pain, torture, and sometime extreme mental wound from wearing dentures they provide and paid for. I would be much grateful if you could give us more details as how/why your dentist can be identified as at fault on your denture case. I would be eager to find out the truth for many other cases. Thanks
Chris

Port Orange, FL

#127 Jul 21, 2013
I just had all my upper teeth pulled.i didn't want to.wanted to save the front teeth.but aspen dental said it would be so expensive,I'd be better off getting a upper denture.they said I'd smile again and I would be so happy.well it's been 3 days and I haven't left the bathroom.the teeth are huge.i look like a freak.teeth are so big,I can't keep them in.i am actually wanting to take my life right now.i can't go out in public.i look so bad,can't even wear the teeth they are so big.my gums aren't to swollen.but the gums on the denture are huge and my face looks swollen.dentures are huge.if they don't fix this I will stay in this bathroom until it is fixed or I just die.this is the worst thing I've ever endured.thank you aspen dental
Chris

Port Orange, FL

#128 Jul 23, 2013
I too just got an upper denture.its so big I look like I got punched in the face over and over.my lip sticks way out and the top isn't even close to the roof of my mouth.i gag as soon as I put them in.i can't wear them more than 1 minute and I gag and take them right out.ive locked my self in the bathroom and haven't come out in 3 days.i went back to the dentist with my face covered.they said they'd shave it down.but there was no change at all.im back in hiding and suppose to go back to work.but I can't.i don't think I'm gonna make it through this.im actually suicidal at this point.im living a complete nightmare.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dentures Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Let's talk COST of implants/hybrids/fixed bridg... (Jul '12) 3 hr Barbara 1,855
36 years old female, just got dentures, is it w... (Jan '12) 6 hr Tonyatomato 139
Cheer up New Denture Wearers (Sep '08) 11 hr Sunshine from Cal... 5,790
Denture Adhesives and Useful Tips for New Wearers (Feb '12) Jul 23 Lanih1 941
Zygomatic dental implants Jul 23 Cathy 1
New Dentures Jul 22 Jkarolyu 1
new avadent digatal dentures made near perfect ... Jul 22 Ellen 1
More from around the web