Dandruff keeps coming back

Posted in the Dandruff Forum

Brett

San Diego, CA

#1 Mar 26, 2011
I have had dandruff since I was 12 years old (I'm 16 years old now). I shower every day and have used multiple shampoos that ae supposed to get rid of dandruff. I do the same thing every shower, shampoo twice, let sit for a minute, rinse, repeat. The problem is, that my dandruff keeps coming back. I have gotten rid of it (many times) and continue to do the same thing in the shower every day but I just can't keep it from coming back. Please help.
Silver

Hardegarijp, Netherlands

#2 Apr 28, 2011
You can't really get rid of it, only manage it with shampoos:
http://www.mformetro.com/personal-care/24-bod...
erikka

Salt Lake City, UT

#3 May 16, 2011
finaly it wont come back! Scalp psoriasis? and seborrhea dermatitis of the scalp can be difficult to tell apart. They share similar symptoms? as itchy, red, scaly skin. usually the scales of psoriasis are thicker and drier in appearance than the scales of seborrhea dermatitis.if you have scalp psoriasis, you might have mild psoriasis on your elbows, knees, hands or feet or may notice subtle nail changes. The american Institute of advanced medicine? has your solution. www.theaiam.com
MrBurns

American Fork, UT

#4 May 17, 2011
I have the same problem so I researched it a little and what might help is if you lower the temperature of the water when you shower and shorten the time you are in the shower, you should be out before the mirror can fog up. Also it sometimes helps to not wash your hair with shampoo everyday because your scalp secretes natural oils and shampoo takes those oils out so maybe every other day would help. Hope this helps out
Andrew

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Nov 20, 2011
Some people say that vinegar can actually cure it but I'm not sure haven't tried it and sometimes the sun will actually irritate my scalp as well i got a non alcohol gel but it still comes back
vernon e smth jr

Midland, TX

#6 Dec 17, 2011
LISTERINE will flat out cure dandruff. No more clumpy white crap , no more flaking , no more itching. My scalp had problems all my teenage life until my aunt , who's a chemical engineer, told me to use listerine. I'm 45 now and i haven't had scalp problems for 30 years. I use plaIN OLD LISTERINE ON MY SCALP 3 TIMES A WEEK . and i use the cheapest dandruff shampoo i can find , just for the cleansing aspect. Trust me , try a 5 dollar bottle of listerine on the scalp , if it doesn't work for you , i'll send you 100 bucks...lol..it WORKS....I know sounds crazy...but it aint
Ava

Ireland

#7 Dec 28, 2011
I Have The Same Problem. The Problem Is That Your Using To Much Shampoo. Shampooing Once Is Enough Really! If You Use Too Much It Gets Itchy And Irritated. My Advice Is To Shampoo Once And Rinse Well. Hope This Helps!:) Xx
Shane

United States

#8 Jun 18, 2012
I have the same problem, the fact is you gotta find out if you have oily, or dry dandruff. I have tried home remidies like, lime, beer, olive oil, ect, I've used every kind of shampoo, and mine goes away for 2 or 3 weeks then returns, I think you just gotta keep changing up your shampoo's.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#10 Oct 18, 2012
Are you guys successful on treating your dandruff?
I don't know what to use.

Since: Sep 12

Jacksonville, FL

#11 Oct 18, 2012
Jane14316 wrote:
Are you guys successful on treating your dandruff?
I don't know what to use.
all i did was stop eating so many acidic foods - i tried everything i could think of for 20 years and now it is gone - if i start eating a bunch of acidic foods like bread and meat and colas and coffee then you know what happens ? i tried it - i get dandruff and flaky skin on my face again

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#12 Oct 18, 2012
Oh, but you didn't tried any home remedy or medicated dandruff shampoos?

Good thing you know now what causes your dandruff.
ash

Delhi, India

#13 Oct 29, 2012
i have a vry dry itchy and scaly scalp. i hv used olive oil and some other home rmidies...but no result.dandruff returns with in two days.please hepl me out
Justhelping

Perth, Australia

#14 Oct 29, 2012
Hi, i suffered frm psoriasis and dandruff for nearly 15 years. The reason why i say psoriasis and dandruff is because some doctors told me its dandruff, and some told me is psoriasis cause i was getting it all along my hair line, forehead, eyebrows, side of my nose and back of my ears. I tried from the cheapest to very expensive products. Some products were okay, some were too harsh and made scalp and skin worst. 

Products in malaysia and australia that i used and did not work / did work just for a while and got worst are: moo go , selsun , svenson , 101 , nioxin , amway santiniq , kens , sobitar , polytar , tea tree oil , apple cider vinegar , baking soda , lemons , limes , yoghurt , all types of oil like olive oil , castor oil , coconut oil , argan oil , hope's relieve shampoo , neutrogena t/gel,(never ever try hope's relieve shampoo cause for me, it actually thinned my scalp and my hair was also thinning and falling out like mad ) 

I went mad sourcing for SLS free shampoo's as a lot of people and websites say SLS (sodium laureth sulfate) the main ingredient in most shampoos that is causing scalp problems as sls is a harsh ingredient and  is used for detergent. i went for years and years trying many other products SLS FREE from health shops, online... And did not find any that worked. Finally i made up my mind to just go for a normal ordinary shampoo and did not bother if it had SLS in it or not. I used sunsilk lime nutrient for nearly 4 years. I was very happy with that product. Unfortunately, now they change the formula as well as the packaging. How frustrating especially for a person like me to find something that worked after a long time of suffering and sudently find out that the product had been discontinued.

Long story short, after sunsilk discontinued, i kept trying many other products as well as some of the above that i mentioned which did not work cause the blady itchyness was killing me and things just went out of control with my scalp. I gave up and bought a shampoo that i picked just randomly. Its called clear scalp and hair treatment. Its my holy grail shampoo! They have formula for many types of hair so i just picked up total nourish for normal scalp and hair. It it is cheap, and easily available in the stores like, woolworth, target, priceline (australia)... I'm not sure if this product is available in malaysia. I use it every single day to wash my hair and withing 1 week my dandruff/psoriasis all disappered. Absolutely no itch and no flaky forehead, nose, ears. Pls pls pls give it a try if you're suffering from scalp problems. I sincerely hope it works for you too.
kelly

Singapore, Singapore

#15 Apr 17, 2013
I use Head&shouder(clean&bal anced)anti-dandruff shampoo for my severe dandruff on my scalp , eyebrows and around my nose..i see result after 3 days of using it.
Aubrey Scott

Parañaque, Philippines

#18 May 29, 2013
ash wrote:
i have a vry dry itchy and scaly scalp. i hv used olive oil and some other home rmidies...but no result.dandruff returns with in two days.please hepl me out
I could feel your pain on this one. My advice is to find a treatment solution that works for you. Do your research because there are a lot of really good shampoos that can help you. In my experience, home remedies rarely work so you need to find professional care.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dandruff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How I FINALLY stopped my dandruff... (Feb '08) Oct 4 PeggySue 54
little raised balls of dry skin on scalp (May '09) Sep '14 Singer 110
Several dandruff remedies can relieve itchy, sc... (Apr '09) Sep '14 onegreenguy 15
accounting homework help (Dec '10) Jun '14 tom 2
Home treatment for Dandruff without the use of ... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Mr SAWANT 1
dandruff (Jan '14) Mar '14 Ryan 2
Finally a dandruff shampoo that worked for me! (Dec '13) Feb '14 Tom 2

Dandruff People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE