Not sure exactly if its even dandruff...

Not sure exactly if its even dandruff at all.

Posted in the Dandruff Forum

HighSchoolKid

Airdrie, Canada

#1 Nov 22, 2011
Hey everyone...
I'm in high school and the dandruff is killing me.
well, to be honest, its not bad, because unless you look really closely or i brush my hair out you can't tell. But just the fact that its there is what sucks.

First of all, from all the research i've done, it doesn't sound like anything i've heard of before. Its not white. My scalp is never itchy. and it doesn't flake to the extent where i'm that guy with white powder all over his shoulders.

I'm gonna list some symptoms, and i would REALLY appreciate it if you guys could help out.

1) The flakes are brown-ish and scaly.
2) they don't really occur until I rub my scalp.
3) I may be wrong on this one but I feel like whereever they fall I get a pimple - to the point where i've noticed it not only on my face, but even on my arm.
4) I've tried HeadandShoulders, Nizoral, Selsun Blue - BUT ALL OF THEM SEEM TO MAKE IT WORSE. Right after the use of the shampoo, regardless of whether I use conditioner or not, the flakes are everywhere.

I have tried medicated shampoos, which make it worse, Apple Cider Vinegar, which just makes my hair smell and doesn't really cure it, and the doctors given me some Tari-Mometasone 0.1% hair lotion which holds off on the problem for a couple hours - but is not a permanent solution.

I live in a place which is cold and dry - Canada, obviously. But I feel like its the dryness of the climate which is causing the onset of the dandruff. I went to Mexico recently, and in the humidity my hair was doing beautifully.

So at this point i'm not really sure what to do - because I don't even know exactly what i'm dealing with.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Anon

Singapore, Singapore

#2 Dec 4, 2011
Maybe your scalp is just dry and hence the skin flakes off. Weird but have you tried not shampooing for a week? Just rinsing hair and scrubbing with water. This is supposedly because shampoo tend to strip your hair of its natural oils.

http://simplemom.net/how-to-clean-your-hair-w...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dandruff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
little raised balls of dry skin on scalp (May '09) Oct 11 Blondie 127
How I FINALLY stopped my dandruff... (Feb '08) May '17 Anonymous 75
If you have dandruff and sensitive skin READ this (Mar '16) Apr '17 Alecsander 2
How to get rid of dandruff with ease? (Dec '16) Apr '17 Alecsander 2
Dandruff keeps coming back (Mar '11) Feb '17 pawan 17
My dandruff literally won't go whilst at home (Dec '16) Dec '16 Deeezer 1
How to get rid of lice ? (Apr '15) Oct '16 neilhope 3
More from around the web