Several dandruff remedies can relieve itchy, scaly scalp

Jan 24, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: TulsaWorld.com - Health

Dear Pharmacist: I've had dandruff for years and it's so embarrassing. Can you help me? I'm fed up to my head and shoulders! S.J., Toms River, N.J. Answer: OK, funny man, I got that but don't quit your day job ...

Comments
1 - 14 of 14 Comments Last updated 18 hrs ago
Ish

Lake Worth, FL

#1 Apr 7, 2009
Try www.skintreat.net
They have many skin/scalp solutions
Georgi

New Farm, Australia

#4 Jul 20, 2009
I have suffered with severe psoriasis on my scalp for many years. Various shampoos, treatments, creams, doctors and diets did nothing to assist - in fact some made it much worse. After countless hours on the internet trying to find a cure I have found Moo Goo Shampoo and Conditioner. http://www.moogoo.com.au Silly name- but my GOD it works! 1 week and 4 washes later and my scalp is almost 100% cured. It is a little pricey (approx $20 per bottle), but TOTALLY worth it!
Maxey Thomas

Perth, Australia

#6 Oct 12, 2009
When it comes to how to get rid of dandruff there are many myths that are not true. Firstly, dandruff isn't caused by dry skin, in fact oily skin can produce more dandruff then dry skin, its actually caused by yeast in the scalp and cannot be cured because its a natural process of the body. The only thing that can be done is using measures to control the amount of dandruff produced, and there are various ways of doing this.

First there are anti-dandruff shampoos which have anti-fungal properties which attack at the heart of the problem. The only issue with shampoos like Head & Shoulders is that they are full of nasty chemicals and will burn a hole in your pocket, and many promise to be a cure, which is wrong right off the bat so don't trust any company that promises this.

Secondly there is the natural way using natural oils, many people are doing this now because its relatively easy to do and is a lot lighter on your pocket. There are many home remedies on the internet, but sadly there are not many good eBooks on the topic, but they are out there.

One home remedy that I have personally used to success is vinegar. Simply pour some vinegar onto a swab or cotton ball and dab your head and leave for half an hour before you take a shower, then rinse it thoroughly.

Whats great about home remedies is that they will leave your scalp feeling healthy, you will have complete control over the ingredients used and you will have more spare change to spend on things that truly matter to you.

http://www.dandruff-remedies.org - Official Site
mike

San Antonio, TX

#7 Oct 2, 2010
I can recommend a reputable pharmacy numberoneclinic.com/... I received the order and it was on time and the pills work great.
anon

Denton, TX

#8 Dec 3, 2010
this one worked for me.I shaved off my head and applied turmeric powder(mixed with water to make a paste) for a couple of times and i feel better now...turmeric has curcumin which prohibits bacterial growth...u can get this cheap in any indian grocery store...should work without shaving your head too...but make sure the paste is allowed contact with scalp..
Johny

Riga, Latvia

#9 Feb 21, 2011
have anyone tried http://ketoconazoleshampoo.info/ ?
Norman O

Japan

#10 Mar 16, 2011
I've used this stuff for dandruff with some success Nizoral 2 Shampoo
http://nizoral2shampoo.blogspot.com Nizoral Shampoo. Also I think changing my diet helped a bit too
research

Everett, WA

#13 Sep 18, 2012
Canadian government warns against using Blue Cap.
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/1670...
booyah

Bagumbayan, Philippines

#14 Oct 18, 2012
I've heard using shampoo with Zinc pyrithione (ZPT)works best on dandruff..
This is the best and proven scientifically.
Anonymous

Brisbane, Australia

#15 Mar 16, 2013
I've been through a roller coaster of emotions when it came to dealing with my dandruff. I tried heaps of things and got sick of going to the doctors.

It got so bad that I started to do my own research. I noticed someone mentioned that there are not many good eBooks on this topic.

Well, I found that too, so I wrote my own.

Happy to share all the information and research I've done. I'd like to welcome anyone who wants a helping hand to visit my site.

www.naturallydandrufffree.com

Basically paying it forward.
Aubrey Scott

Las Pias, Philippines

#18 Jun 3, 2013
booyah wrote:
I've heard using shampoo with Zinc pyrithione (ZPT)works best on dandruff..
This is the best and proven scientifically.
Try Clear Scalp and Hair Therapy! They have different ranges to choose from so it will be much easier for you to choose the right formulation for your needs.
Ryan

Thunder Bay, Canada

#22 Mar 18, 2014
Have you guys seen this vidoe on dandruff? http://remedieshealth.com/dandruff What do you think?
Dawn

Lakewood, NJ

#23 Mar 24, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
I've been through a roller coaster of emotions when it came to dealing with my dandruff. I tried heaps of things and got sick of going to the doctors.
It got so bad that I started to do my own research. I noticed someone mentioned that there are not many good eBooks on this topic.
Happy to share all the information and research I've done. I'd like to welcome anyone who wants a helping hand to visit my site.
For 30$. You are not paying forward. You want us to pay
Scammers are ridiculous

Salisbury, NC

#24 18 hrs ago
Anonymous wrote:
Charging someone is NOT paying it forward. That is one of the stupidest comments I've heard yet. Great try though!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dandruff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How I FINALLY stopped my dandruff... (Feb '08) Aug 22 Nick 53
little raised balls of dry skin on scalp (May '09) Jul '14 Lebron 108
accounting homework help (Dec '10) Jun '14 tom 2
Home treatment for Dandruff without the use of ... Apr '14 Mr SAWANT 1
dandruff (Jan '14) Mar '14 Ryan 2
Finally a dandruff shampoo that worked for me! (Dec '13) Feb '14 Tom 2
Does washing your hair too often make you get d... (Jul '08) Jan '14 Traver 38
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••