I have been dealing with COPD for 8 years now. I was diagnosed with this lung disease in 2000. Yes I was and still am a smoker but it doesn't cause me flare ups. What causes me to flare up is CHEMICAL odors. Bleach is the number one chemical odor that has copmpletely shut me down twice that has caused me to be ventilated by mechanical means. Basically ALL types of cleaning products on the market today cause some type of severe reaction. Paint fumes, gas, solvents , oven cleaners .......... Basically anything that has a strong FUME sets me off. I have no more resistance to colds or other "BUGS" out there also. I can catch anything at the drop of a hat and what kills me the most is USUALLY a cold last 7 to 14 days with most people, but with me it can last MONTHS. And since I have no HEALYH care plan I am at the MERCY of the emergency room doctors or wait till it gets so bad that THEY have no choice but to ADMIT me into the HOSPITAL to save my life. I do not qualify for GOVERNMENT assistance and have been fighting for 8 years for GOVERNMENT disability. ONLY reason I want DISABILITY is for the MEDICADE. HOW dumb is our government when they could save time and money by just giving me the MEDICAL assistance that I need. I have hundreds of prescriptions for medicines that I cannot afford to buy. And if I had the means to WORK without being exposed to some damn fume or bug I would rather be out there working. So in retrospect maybe someone needs to do MORE studies to get help for the THOUSANDS of Americans out there just like me.