COPD and Chronic Pain
Mel

Canada

#21 Dec 2, 2011
OMG....I thought I was the only one with severe back pain just below my shoulder blade in the lower lobe area of the right lung due to COPD!! My doctor also has me on strong pain killers daily but most doctors (when he is away and some one fills in for him) seem to think I shouldn't need pain killers...but the pain is unbelievable!! Even they don't really get rid of it. I have been in the hospital four times with coughing up of blood (fairly large amounts) and Pneumonia. I am so sick of getting those darned tubes down into my lungs (with the camera) to try to find the source of the bleeding to no avail. I'm so depressed from not being able to work and have very little money coming in and my wife isn't able to work due to her health issues also. I just feel like ending it all sometimes because all the money worries are making things so much worse! I have always been a very hard worker and it has ruined our lives not being able to make ends meet due to this darned disease and pain.
nina

Orlando, FL

#22 Dec 5, 2011
coping with COPD wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG, this is excatly my story...ditto..no job, no health insurance, diagnose two years back and miserable since then....except that I never smoked. Mine is either second hand smoking or exposure to pollution or Alpha1 deficiency..doctors are not bothered to find out the cause. I am the one pushing them for all kinds of test. My pain gets severe after every round of bronchitis attack...i have been reading alot about the subject now..its seems vitamins, diet, exercise and alternate medicine like ayurveda and yoga can help manage the disease and slow down progression...also use bronchodialetrs regularly as new studies suggest that those who use the medication are less likely to develop lung cancer...wish you all good luck....Heer
Take Care and God Bless. Lung diseases seem to be prevalint worldwide, this is definately suspicious to me, Chemtrails?
nina

Orlando, FL

#23 Dec 5, 2011
Mel wrote:
OMG....I thought I was the only one with severe back pain just below my shoulder blade in the lower lobe area of the right lung due to COPD!! My doctor also has me on strong pain killers daily but most doctors (when he is away and some one fills in for him) seem to think I shouldn't need pain killers...but the pain is unbelievable!! Even they don't really get rid of it. I have been in the hospital four times with coughing up of blood (fairly large amounts) and Pneumonia. I am so sick of getting those darned tubes down into my lungs (with the camera) to try to find the source of the bleeding to no avail. I'm so depressed from not being able to work and have very little money coming in and my wife isn't able to work due to her health issues also. I just feel like ending it all sometimes because all the money worries are making things so much worse! I have always been a very hard worker and it has ruined our lives not being able to make ends meet due to this darned disease and pain.
I am so sorry and I hope somehow you find some relief. It is so sad all the stories I hear worldwide about so many diseases and lung conditions and it is very suspicious indeed. Hang in there (((Hugs)))
Sam Hill

Tulsa, OK

#24 Dec 13, 2011
Jesus heals and that's a fact. Yoga, Tai Chi, meditation are not God's way. In fact these things are anti-God.

Prayer, YES, and while you pray for healing, do everything you can to eliminate bad foods, and junk from your diet. And do supplement with as many natural vitamins and minerals as you can afford. Try not to take prednisone and steroids as it lowers immune system and causes bone loss. If you have to take Lortabs for pain then do it, but no more than prescribed dose.

My heart and prayers go out to all of you.

God bless

I like Natural News all except for his heathen recommendations about Yoga, Tai Chi, etc.
dingdong dante

Chicago, IL

#25 Dec 29, 2011
Go to your doctor immediately. Your health problem is quite complex and medical professionals are the best people to inquire about your concern. Regarding hip pain, you should know that it is a common problem, and it can be confusing because there are several causes. It is important to make an accurate diagnosis of the cause of your symptoms so that appropriate treatment can be directed at the underlying problem.. The doctors as well as the patients should however make sure that the medical device to be used is safe unlike the defective DePuy Hip Replacment device of Johnson&Johnson. It has already affected a number of patients. Seek medical advice for more information or you may visit http://www.hiprecalllaw.com/updates/depuy-hip... .
michael

London, UK

#26 Jan 1, 2012
hi i have copd i have got back pane is this all to do with copd
Mfirebrand1

Muskego, WI

#27 Jan 22, 2012
nina wrote:
<quoted text>
Take Care and God Bless. Lung diseases seem to be prevalint worldwide, this is definately suspicious to me, Chemtrails?
Chemtrails are definately the cause of alot of the diseases we are seeing in so many people. Depopulation is the plan while in the mean time they make money on all the drugs people are on. Keep praying as I do because Yahshua is our only hope and He is the Healer.
deonna

Louisville, KY

#28 Jan 24, 2012
Mark wrote:
Hello,
I have been diagnosed with COPD for 2 years now and waiting on my SSI hearing. In the beginning of my disease I had alot of chest pain and colds and cough. Now I havent had a cold in 2 years and hardly have a cough. I am in constant states of pain from mild to severe each day. I have bone pain in all joints daily. My cats scans show scarring and scattered noncalcified nodular opacities on both lungs. I am weak all the time and out of breathe. Does anyone have similar symtoms? Thanks
Hi, i just applied for disability today praying it goes through i have copd, associated with severe chest and back pain.I have no insurance and trying to find a doc
deonna

Louisville, KY

#29 Jan 24, 2012
anyone that says,there isnt pain with copd is not living with it!!!!
Michael

Powder Springs, GA

#30 Jan 26, 2012
I've been diagnosed with COPD with Emphysema as well as High blood pressure and Asthma I have pain all over my body and as everyone knows it hurts like no other pain but lucky me I was prescribed a drug called Methocarbamol which is generic for Robaxin and it helps a lot I've taken everything under the sun and it's the only thing that has re leaved my pain so far but I'm sure it will soon ware off just like the others but it's doing the job for me so far but what makes my death sentence worst is having a family and no one will help me deal with it or even help me cope with it so try having that pain sometimes I wish death would come sooner!

“Felix”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#31 Feb 12, 2012
Doctors say that COPD doesn't cause pain. They are nuts! I am in the final stages and I hurt all over. I take Oxicodone 10/325 three times a day. It helps take the edge off the pain so I can at least live with it. It also tends to make me breath better. I told my doctor this and she thinks its in my head. Does anyone have the same feeling as me. Does your pain meds make it easier for you to breath?
sarah harding

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#32 Feb 22, 2012
my husband dean was diagnosed with copd 5years ago and its now chronic and very bad. hes on a lot of meds and inhalers but still in a lot of pain with his joints and rib/lung? pain/spasms? as a typical man he doesnt like going to docs or hosps for anything to do with his own health becoz he has his own very good reasons for it.so im struglling to get him any decent help other than go with him wen he does go docs and telling them my views on it. he also had a big attack of pancreatitis about 6yrs ago so he isnt allowed any strong painkillers or anti inflamatries.he's now at a stage where hes just giving up any hope of anything anymore because he has pain evryday,no energy,breathlessness constantly and very low mood(depression). he is also a full time carer for me his wife because i suffered a massive brain haemorhage and stroke wen our youngest child,ellis was 3weeks old in 2002 and i was only 23 so hes been the 1 to care for me and our 2children aswell as trying to hold down his self emplyment as a painter/decorater for years until he was diagnosed with copd and now cudnt possibly ever work again!Now he struggles to do the most basic tasks like cleaning,cooking,walking ect ect.. the list goes on.the docs havent even given him any oxygen or extra help for his pain. he is a smoker but is struggling to stop although he wud if he felt it wud help but hes copd isnt just caused by smoking but also from his job(painter/decorater)hes been on building sites everywhere and been around:solvents,fumes,primers, fillers,dusts,mdf,drylining,ec t ect so we feel that this is the true cause and of course smoking hasnt helped either! i wondered if anyone could tell me some good drugs that help to alleviate some of his symptoms so i cud ask the doctor/nurse next time he sees them please? thanx agen sarah.

Since: Feb 12

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#33 Feb 22, 2012
my husband was diagnosed with copd 5yrs ago and is now really chronic with it. he is a fulltime carer for me and brilliant father/mother to our 2 children aged 9 and 12.this is because i was disabled by a SAH and Stroke in 2002 wen our youngest child was just 3 weeks old.since then dean has been my carer ect ect aswell as for the early years working as a painter and deacorater which helped him getting COPD because he was exposed to very bad dust,fillers,solvents ect ect and on top of that smoking!we believe that the job he had was more the cause of this cod rather than the smoking though others would disagree with this.my husband is now in severe pain all the time in his back,ribs,chest,joints everywthere and breathless all the time and no energy and very low mood. in fact i think he has given up and that makes me very sad and worried.Does anyone know what are the best treatmenst available wheather its medicines or not please? i really feel the need to ask for help because we feel helpless but really dont want to give up. hes only 43,im 33 and the kids 9 and 12 thanx sarah xxx

Since: Feb 12

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#34 Feb 22, 2012
sorry for repeating my story just getting to gips with this and 1st time iv ever done this haha thanx agen x
michael

London, UK

#35 Mar 5, 2012
i have got copd can you get back pane with it
michael

London, UK

#36 Mar 5, 2012
deonna wrote:
anyone that says,there isnt pain with copd is not living with it!!!!
i got pane with my copd
Diane

Fenton, MO

#37 Mar 12, 2012
I also have severe copd and I have pain too.. I have joint pain but my worst pain of all is my neck ..not your typical stiff neck..It gets really bad when I exert my self too much and it's almost strangling at times from the stiff muscles ..my neck vertabra's crack and grind too.. I don't have health insurance so I don't get the best care .i take Advil and prednisone off and on...This pain is at it's worse after sleeping in the morning. Anyone else have this ? I also have gerd pretty bad.. And I get hoarse at times too..
Florida

Orlando, FL

#39 Mar 24, 2012
I've had chronic pain for several years, long before breathing problems appeared and then was just recently diagnosed with copd/asthma. I can't believe how many of you all have pain too.
judi

Roy, WA

#40 Mar 26, 2012
Diane wrote:
I also have severe copd and I have pain too.. I have joint pain but my worst pain of all is my neck ..not your typical stiff neck..It gets really bad when I exert my self too much and it's almost strangling at times from the stiff muscles ..my neck vertabra's crack and grind too.. I don't have health insurance so I don't get the best care .i take Advil and prednisone off and on...This pain is at it's worse after sleeping in the morning. Anyone else have this ? I also have gerd pretty bad.. And I get hoarse at times too..
Are you on any med with Fluticasone, Advair, Flovent, etc? I had horrible neck pain for 2 years and it was related to the my Flovnet inhaler. It can cause muscle stiffness and rigidity and for some reason it can tend to affect the muscles in your neck. I think it maya also intensify any pain you have, arthritis, muscle soreness, etc. I dont know how it happens, I have read that steroids used over long term can sometimes become ''proinflammatory' and increase some inflammatory molecules so maybe thats it. My pulmonologist refuses to acknowledge any of it much less explain it, he just told me to stop the med after I cut the dose down myself and got some pain relief. I still have a little neck pain, I do have arthritis, but its nothing like it was. I dont know if this could happen on other meds with different steroids. I hurt everywhere else too, thats nearly gone as well. I know some people cant stop the med but I wish the medical community was a little more aware of the problems some people have. I spent years in pain wondering what was wrong too.
Dominic

Union, NJ

#41 Apr 2, 2012
Sick of crap wrote:
Doctors say that COPD doesn't cause pain. They are nuts! I am in the final stages and I hurt all over. I take Oxicodone 10/325 three times a day. It helps take the edge off the pain so I can at least live with it. It also tends to make me breath better. I told my doctor this and she thinks its in my head. Does anyone have the same feeling as me. Does your pain meds make it easier for you to breath?

Oxycodone 10/325 4x daily and yes it does open up my airways. Better than Spiriva actually. I ache all over and have been diagnosed with copd..beginning stage. Plus one for the pain medication :-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Copd Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A Potential Cure for COPD (Dec '11) Nov 18 Jeffbo7777 49
News Smart Inhalers - Global Market Outlook (2016-20... Jul '17 PETRA POSTA 1
copd (Jan '12) May '17 Anonymous 4
Unmet needs for people with COPD (Mar '17) Mar '17 sara1234 1
nih (Dec '16) Dec '16 COPDinSC 1
new product for copd treatment (Aug '16) Nov '16 darloma 2
News Managing COPD with Inhaler Devices (Nov '16) Nov '16 Petra Posta 1
More from around the web