Posted in the Copd Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Mark

Pontiac, MI

#1 Dec 30, 2008
Hello,
I have been diagnosed with COPD for 2 years now and waiting on my SSI hearing. In the beginning of my disease I had alot of chest pain and colds and cough. Now I havent had a cold in 2 years and hardly have a cough. I am in constant states of pain from mild to severe each day. I have bone pain in all joints daily. My cats scans show scarring and scattered noncalcified nodular opacities on both lungs. I am weak all the time and out of breathe. Does anyone have similar symtoms? Thanks
verna

Rhome, TX

#2 Jul 13, 2009
Yes I hurt so bad everyday and am on strong pain medication. I have a very bad back and neck as well. The copd makes me hurt everywhere. My joints hurt and across my lungs and rib cage and chest so yes it does make you hurt to the point that even pain medication does not stop it.
tammy

Bend, OR

#3 Mar 29, 2010
I am 36 years old was mis diagnosed with what they diagnosed me 10 years ago with asthma, I was tested last year for something called alpha-1antitrpsine defeciency... resulting in major damage to my lungs... irreversible,,, now copd doctor says i have which is rapidly getting worse...they replace the deficeincy protien that my liver does release into my body now..which is basically too late and they want me to be evaluated for a lung transplant for the day i walk into my doctors office and cant breathe at all he says they may be able to do surgery...Im still waking up every morning praying to god for a miracle and at night when i go to sleep..but,, my whole body aches Ive been taking ib prophren for about 4 years straight.. doctors say theres not much more they can do for me on oxygen at night.. doctor says just when i walk i should be wearing it really is a bummer not being able to breathe..god bless you all in my prayers.
mary

Blackpool, UK

#4 Jul 15, 2010
hi all can anyone advise me i have emphazimia /copd for last two weeks ive had pains in my neck also in my back my docter said its a strain in my neck (which i feel is untrue )i also have pains behind my right boob does anyothers suffer this and what do u thibk it could be thank you mary
crud

Walla Walla, WA

#5 Sep 16, 2010
Copd can cause chest pain for many different reasons. Overbreathing-thus straining muscles, blocked airways, stress, CO2 build up, etc.
Mary Lou

Mesa, AZ

#6 Jan 14, 2011
Mark wrote:
Hello,
I have been diagnosed with COPD for 2 years now and waiting on my SSI hearing. In the beginning of my disease I had alot of chest pain and colds and cough. Now I havent had a cold in 2 years and hardly have a cough. I am in constant states of pain from mild to severe each day. I have bone pain in all joints daily. My cats scans show scarring and scattered noncalcified nodular opacities on both lungs. I am weak all the time and out of breathe. Does anyone have similar symtoms? Thanks
I was diagnosed 2 years ago with COPD and at times I have severe pain in my legs and hips. Moderate pain in chest and back. I am still smoking but have a strong desire to quit. I am currently taking MOBIC for pain, but not much relief. Also I am tired espiecially after being active for 4 to 6 hours. After this I need to lie down for a while. There is evidence of COPD leading to LUNG CANCER.
wallace poole

Cape Town, South Africa

#7 Apr 4, 2011
Hi my dad was diagnosed with copd and he is very very tired and has servier bone pain and is using morfeen wich is the strongest pain killer and it is not working anymore.Please can someone help that has the same problem
Joan

Dover, PA

#8 May 19, 2011
mary wrote:
hi all can anyone advise me i have emphazimia /copd for last two weeks ive had pains in my neck also in my back my docter said its a strain in my neck (which i feel is untrue )i also have pains behind my right boob does anyothers suffer this and what do u thibk it could be thank you mary
Yes every now and then I have pain behind my boobs and across my back and in my throat. the last time I had this the Hospital said I was having broncial spasms.
Debbie

Tampa, FL

#9 May 26, 2011
I was diagnosed 2 years ago with Chronic Bronchitis/Emphezema/COPD I also applied for SSI a year ago. Symptoms seem to range for everyone but at the same time sound familiar too.
I have not had a cold or the flu since I was diagnosed, but Ive had chronic bronchitis,(at least 6 times a year that last for a couple of weeks) pluracy, pain in my shoulder blades, a sharp constant pain in my upper left chest, wear out easily, swelling joints,(RA) and yes depression to boot cause of the way I feel, no health insurance and no job. If I only knew at 18 how I feel now I would never have started. This is debilitating
michael lewendon

Hemel Hempstead, UK

#10 Jun 3, 2011
Mark wrote:
Hello,
THALIDOMIDE costly but might help, beware of its past,ive taken it and all my pain went in 5 days,
michael lewendon

Hemel Hempstead, UK

#11 Jun 3, 2011
THALIDOMIDE, the drug has now being used for many differrent problems, its past needs researching? the drug was accidently found by two german doctors,hitlers wonder race? how does it work? why does it work? how come it cures most skin deseases? how come it cures most cancers? how come its the best cure for aids? piece of nature? i was in pain i know what pain was,afraid of side effects? then you aint in pain, afraid it might do something to you? then you aint in pain, thats what pain is,Read up about its cures, Read up about its bad press and why? had the doctors who precribed it had tested it on pregnant mice then the problems would not have happened, sickens me to read the mothers that took thalidomide, when it should read the doctors who prescribed thalidomide,could talk to you about this drug for an age of its wonders, of its cures, the test that have been done recently are amazing, for instance they gave mice and rabbitts the drug and they found that they lived an extra 20 man years, population explosion?maybe? where do you get it from? good question, my doctor said after i was cured its a banned substance where did you get that from? 35 years of pain, where did i get it from? michael lewendon is my name and you can google it anytime, find out all about me, good luck to you all and dont give up hope, be brave, have faith in your abilty to change things around you and you will feel better,
michael lewendon
Vivian D Phoenix AZ

Phoenix, AZ

#12 Jun 25, 2011
I was diagnosed with emphysema/asthmatic bronchitis/COPD 5 years ago. I immediately went on a vitamin regimen which has helped me tremendously from getting the colds/flu/bronchitis that I've been plagued with many years. Unfortunately, I just succumbed to pneumonia and now I can feel increased damage/change to my breathing. I have also been dealing with joint pain for years but my doctor cannot find a reason for it. Until today, I never heard that joint pain and emphysema are linked, and am now wondering why my doctors have never said anything.
Marcia Wilcher

Mccomb, MS

#13 Jul 27, 2011
I have recently been diagnosed with COPD. Also Hepatitis C virus, cirrhosis of the liver, GERD, fibromyalgia, fatty liver, and suffer from a shotgun blast to my right shoulder. My life is filled with pain daily. Ant amount of exertion causes my chest pain. I too, have filled for SSI, and still waiting on financial assistance. Meanwhile I keep as many appointments with the doctors as I can. I feel week, tired, exhausted, achy, and like I'm losing my mind. But, it helps to read everyone else predicaments, so I know I'm not alone. Thanks for letting me vent.
Charo

Wilmington, OH

#14 Jul 29, 2011
Pain is just part of my day to day life...So many health issues It's difficult to determine which one is flaring up.. On the 8th of this month I had a severe copd / asthma attack that lasted 11 minutes. out of this I had a sharp pain in the middle of the right side of my back rib cage.. the attack caused a fractured rib which is so painful I can't get any comfort...from anything..My children are, saying that I am addicted to the pain narcotics that I have been taking for years... my answer to them is yes I am I can deal with the addiction, I can't deal with the pain I have every day of my life. I try to stay positive and find myself praying for just one day of pain free with a bit of uphoria mixed in My first time here, so any suggestions would be a blessing to me...
Penny Brumfield

United States

#15 Aug 6, 2011
I have joint pain and swelling bad. I found out I had copd 2 years ago and the joint pain gets worst as time goes by. I have not had problems with colds are flu like symtoms. Body aches and chronic pain gets worst.
dr fungus says

Kellyville, Australia

#16 Aug 21, 2011
see candida or yeast infection stick to that diet for life and dont fool your self candida has gone when you feel better there is no cure for wrong food we eat
story3

United States

#17 Aug 26, 2011
wallace poole wrote:
Hi my dad was diagnosed with copd and he is very very tired and has servier bone pain and is using morfeen wich is the strongest pain killer and it is not working anymore.Please can someone help that has the same problem
yes I've been in extreme pain around the clock my has mixed fentynal with the morphine and also some light muscle relaxers couple times a day which helps relieve some of the tightening in my lungs. May god help your pain your in my prayers.
selina

Surrey, Canada

#18 Sep 4, 2011
story3 wrote:
<quoted text>yes I've been in extreme pain around the clock my has mixed fentynal with the morphine and also some light muscle relaxers couple times a day which helps relieve some of the tightening in my lungs. May god help your pain your in my prayers.
I am in chronic pain .my doc doesnt want to give me morphine,but it works what should i do.
coping with COPD

Karachi, Pakistan

#19 Oct 12, 2011
Debbie wrote:
I was diagnosed 2 years ago with Chronic Bronchitis/Emphezema/COPD I also applied for SSI a year ago. Symptoms seem to range for everyone but at the same time sound familiar too.
I have not had a cold or the flu since I was diagnosed, but Ive had chronic bronchitis,(at least 6 times a year that last for a couple of weeks) pluracy, pain in my shoulder blades, a sharp constant pain in my upper left chest, wear out easily, swelling joints,(RA) and yes depression to boot cause of the way I feel, no health insurance and no job.
OMG, this is excatly my story...ditto..no job, no health insurance, diagnose two years back and miserable since then....except that I never smoked. Mine is either second hand smoking or exposure to pollution or Alpha1 deficiency..doctors are not bothered to find out the cause. I am the one pushing them for all kinds of test. My pain gets severe after every round of bronchitis attack...i have been reading alot about the subject now..its seems vitamins, diet, exercise and alternate medicine like ayurveda and yoga can help manage the disease and slow down progression...also use bronchodialetrs regularly as new studies suggest that those who use the medication are less likely to develop lung cancer...wish you all good luck....Heer
Lindon

Managua, Nicaragua

#20 Nov 8, 2011
I can vouch for the pain in my chest and back from COPD. Aleve does help but it comes back. I would strongly suggest asking the Dr about corticosteroids like predasone. Its the inflammation thats causing the pain and that will relieve it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Copd Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
COPD patients breathe easier with lung flute, s... Sep '14 BillDuckman 2
Study: once-daily Ultibro Breezhaler ... Sep '14 hannaloren 5 1
A Potential Cure for COPD (Dec '11) Jun '14 FMB Lizard with COPD 12
vera from florida (Apr '06) May '14 nellie 3
Emphysema (Jan '14) Jan '14 Waynebeau 1
COPD Drug Breo Is Effective For Asthma Patients... (Dec '13) Dec '13 big bill sausage ... 1
Vitamin E may protect lungs (May '10) Sep '13 bud_schmones 3
More from around the web