The longest time you have been constipated ?

Created by Hermione on Oct 17, 2007

9,552 votes

Click on an option to vote

less than 3 days

3-5 days

5-7 days

7-10 days

10-12 days

12-14 days

2-3 weeks

3-4 weeks

4-6 weeks

More than 6 weeks

paul

Waxahachie, TX

#21 Jul 24, 2009
Thread revived. What's the longest you've gone?
no poo

United States

#22 Aug 10, 2009
I've never been constipated for more than a week, but I really need to poo TODAY because we are leaving for Italy tomorrow. Any suggestions that will work in a few hours?

Since: Sep 09

Beijing, China

#23 Sep 27, 2009
Those of you who are stuck solid should see if you are allergic to some food or other. Maybe wheat, maybe dairy, maybe something else. As I said in the other thread, try squatting on the floor or an enema. If enemas dont work, then you need colon irrigation or hydrotherapy which gets liquid further up your colon than an enema.

2 weeks or 3 weeks is a long time. Thats 2 weeks x 3 meals a day = 42 meals in there !! You definitely need to get this sorted out - imagine how distended your colon is with all those meals. Your body will start showing signs of toxic poisoning soon - fevers , spots, smelly breath, aches, etc.
kimberly

Greenwood, MS

#24 Oct 21, 2009
Jen wrote:
I am on day 8 of constipation with my pregnancy of 2 months. Day 2 I ate 5 prunes and 2 oranges. Day 5 I took 3 senna pills and MOM. Day 7 I took a total of 4 docusate pills,8oz of prune juice and an apple. Day 8 so far 2 docusate, grapes and 2 lg glasses of OJ. I did probably have a total of 15 sm marbles come thru. Day 4 I also rectally removed some marbles with my own finger. That's how crappy I felt. I'm waiting to hear from my nurse on what to do next.
I sure know how you feel when you have been constipated for a long time. I was that way until I decided to give myself an enema with a enema bag. I filled it with 2 quart of warm waater and added two teaspoons of salt. While laying in a sims position and the bag about eighten inches above the point of injection and held it as long as possible and got RELIEF in a short period of time. I felt wonderful after the enema.
kimberly

Greenwood, MS

#25 Oct 21, 2009
This is a true story.
Helena

Kingston, Canada

#26 Oct 21, 2009
I was constipated just the last time (about a week ago) and now I'm constipated again! My mom always had this problem and I get bad runs like this every few months! My doctors can't help me or anything. I use a laxative and I'm okay....

But if anyone needs help with baaad constipation, I use Dulex. It is so consintrated.... they're really small and if you take 2, it's.... explopsive. Violently explosive.
Tim Haight

Mason City, IA

#27 Oct 24, 2009
I had diarriah for 30 years from crones disease. Then I suddenly started becoming more and more constipated over the last year. I now have to take a lot of laxatives everyday. I do manage to have some stool everyday now. I also use warm water enemas.

6 days was the longest I went without a poop.

It becomes very hard for me to urinate, when I don't poop everyday. I went to the emergency room and the couldn't even get a cathader in me. As my prostate was swollen shut.

I take 4 tablespoons of milk of magnesia, and 2 to 4 doses of miralax everyday. Plus I sometimes take other stronger laxatives like mineral oil or mag citrate in combination with the MOM and miralax.

I was diagnosed with IBS-constipation.

I was given rapaflow medication for the urination problem. However it increased my constipation, and blood flow in my stools.

Have another appointment with urologist,for more tests.

Since: Oct 09

Penang, Malaysia

#28 Nov 1, 2009
One week, that was years ago. LOL
sil

Glasgow, UK

#29 Dec 19, 2009
I havnt been to the tiolet properly in 9days, ive whent a TINY bit here and there every second day or so, but so little its not really worth mentioning, i started taking normal lax's but it wasnt doing anything, so i started too take some kind of herpal thing..nothing, now im taking some extremly strong stuff from my pharmacy but STILL nothing...any advice :(
blood

Atlanta, GA

#30 Dec 28, 2009
sil wrote:
I havnt been to the tiolet properly in 9days, ive whent a TINY bit here and there every second day or so, but so little its not really worth mentioning, i started taking normal lax's but it wasnt doing anything, so i started too take some kind of herpal thing..nothing, now im taking some extremly strong stuff from my pharmacy but STILL nothing...any advice :(
This worked for me after 2 weeks of constipation:
Substitute one breakfast with an 8oz glass of prune juice followed by 4 8oz glasses of water in the next 25 minutes.
Jeremy

United States

#32 Jan 12, 2010
I was having all kinds of problems cause I am on a opiate med...2 words PRUNE JUICE.....I was taking enimas with little or no outcome 1 glass a day and I have been way going everyday works wonders
Simmy

United States

#33 Mar 18, 2010
I haven't been to the toilet in 8 days. i'm cranky and i wanna punch everyone in the colon. Thanks to this forum, the prune juice will be tried. Experiment time.....Yay!
jabbajohabba

Los Angeles, CA

#35 Mar 22, 2010
Not constipated anymore! I just went #2!
John

Brighton, UK

#36 Mar 24, 2010
Well, I'm into week 7 now...I go occasionally, maybe every 4-5 days, and then nothing again for another 4-5 days. The pain is intense, really intense sometimes...Got a referral to see my consultant, can't come too soon!
Usman

Karachi, Pakistan

#37 Apr 23, 2010
Try this http://constipationrelieff.blogspot.com/
It helped me a lot.
WhyMe

Bethlehem, PA

#38 May 23, 2010
I'm only 17, I haven't been able to go number two normally for a few days now. It scares me so much, I hate this! I eat a lot so that doesn't help.:( It just makes me want to stop eating now. I tried pills and that didn't work. Now my mom just gave me a liquid laxative and I'm hoping that will help me, because I don't want something to be seriously wrong with me.
juju

Tulsa, OK

#39 Jul 11, 2010
im really really scared. i have been constipated for a few months so far. i can go a little bit every day, but definately not as much as i should. ;(
grrrrr

Dallas, TX

#40 Aug 8, 2010
juju wrote:
im really really scared. i have been constipated for a few months so far. i can go a little bit every day, but definately not as much as i should. ;(
i feel ur pain i have small little pellets and thats it! im only 17 i hope nothing is wrong with me, ughhhh
Englishgirl25

UK

#41 Aug 10, 2010
I haven't been for a week now and have just been put on carbamazepine are these things related if so what should i do i have always had problems with constipation anyway but this is really getting to me i haven't even had the urge to go just stomach ache!
Lona

Howell, NJ

#43 Sep 2, 2010
yea this is kinda funny to read but the situation is not funny at all. ive been constipated for 2 weeks now..i've only gone twice in those two weeks..im really worried havent seen a dr yet no health insurance. but reading all the comments made ne feel a little better because i thought i was the only one with this problem. taking all kinds of laxatives and nothing eating so mannyy pruness and its not working.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Constipation Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
i just wondered Oct 21 anne 1
Yay I am unconstipated! I have some tips (Sep '08) Oct 14 Jenny 215
Soft stool, but feel constipated (Feb '10) Oct 10 Go2again 38
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for research on constipation ... Oct 8 EirDim 1
extreme constipation.nothing works!please help mee (Aug '07) Oct 7 jbeverly 86
Restoralax (Aug '11) Sep 29 raesunshine 10
Dr. Natura's Colonix Questions (Mar '07) Sep '14 skahlua912 340
Fast constipation cure! (Mar '13) Sep '14 jbeverly 40

Constipation People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE