created by: Hermione | Oct 17, 2007

Constipation

8,601 votes

The longest time you have been constipated ?

Click on an option to vote

• less than 3 days
  • 3-5 days
  • 5-7 days
  • 7-10 days
  • 10-12 days
  • 12-14 days
  • 2-3 weeks
  • 3-4 weeks
  • 4-6 weeks
  • More than 6 weeks
Comments
201 - 220 of 247 Comments Last updated Wednesday Jul 2
Lotta

Brisbane, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Mary19 wrote:
@concerned mom
Has this been a problem most of her life or just recently?
I have - they just say to keep doing what I'm doing...
Lotta

Brisbane, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

tasha wrote:
<quoted text>go to hospital tell ur parents
I have - they say keep doing what you're doing :(
Scott

Denali National Park, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

This is just temporary relief, but a Tall glass of water, 1 or 2 drops of dish soap. Within a couple hours, you better be close to a bathroom.
May

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

I found that Herbs & Prunes by Nature's Life is very helpful for constipation, it is not expensive either. Give it a try and hope that will help you too. Good Luck.
Indian depressed

Amritsar, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

I got a plastic surgery done on feet n with it I had constipation. It's been 10 days n nothing comes out. I hv been taking a very healthy diet bt nothing comes out. My stomach hurts like anything n I it's bulging too. Got a pressure on 7th day but nothing came out n I developed fissures. Tried enema too bt all in vain.
Plzzz help.. Suggest something . Tired of eating medicines
Indian depressed

Amritsar, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Ok... I had constipation frm past 10-11 days. Have had a surgery of my feet, so was immobile n that resulted into constipation. Finally my stomach swelled n I looked like a 7 month pregnant female. Had a medicine that is given to the colon surgery patients. It was liquid. In the evening I felt like as if my stomach would burst. J was screaming awfully. Finally called the doc who gv me that med.. He came n told me to push as much as j can while he performed a little PA n as soon as he was done I was relieved as my poop came out. I wad relieved and pooped 5-6 times that night

Since: Jul 13

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

I have been constipated for 5-7 days, after consuming fiber, prune juice and water I have relief from constipation. Honestly this three foods helps me lots to get rids out of constipation. I would like to suggest people who are constipated try to consume 25-30 grams of per day and drink glass of warm prune juice I hope this food helps to relief constipation.
Teneal

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

I'm 11 and I have been constipated for 3-4 months. One day my stomach started to feel like I got stabbed a million times. So my mom took me to the emergency room, it got worse. I was having trouble breathing, I could not walk, and I was sweating bullets. And yes it is possible to die, but mine is not that bad, I do poop , but it is very mushy and watery. It's like pudding. I hope some of this helps you. If you have anything useful to tell me contact me at pinkteneal@yahoo.com I don't wanna die either T-T
Tee

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

claire wrote:
When I was pregnant I didn't poop for over two weeks! When it finally came out it was absolutely brutal, it hurt so bad. I've always been a big pooper, but this thing actually tore my rectum. Does anyone else ever have such a hard time with big poops
I'm having the same problem now and so scared
Tee

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

I hvnt been pooping for 3 weeks nw n I'm 10 weeks preg,it pains bt nt coming out
rita

Sun Prairie, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

Thats absolutelt crazy how some people can hold it for a more than week or so! U seriosly could die.if i dont poop 2 times a day i drink prune juice or take smth else to keep it healthy.
Anthony

San Gwann, Malta

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

For severe constipation, there are two options when ordinary laxatives don't work:
- Macrogol Laxative (e.g. Klean-Prep)- this is the stuff they use to cleanse the bowel before a colonoscopy.
- Loads and loads of water (each sachet needs to be mixed with 1 litre of water, and it does pay if you add a couple of glasses in between sachets - not too much though).
Bob Dipper

Bangkok, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

I didn't shit for over 2 weeks, after trying 3 different types of laxatives, downing the entire bottle in one case, 2 days later I just had the most epic shit of my life. I might as well have been giving birth. I hope to clear out the rest soon. My only advice is be VERY careful and prepared concerning the consumption of tap water in places like Thailand. I'm inclined to attribute my constipation, which has never been serious like this, to a overgrowth of bacteria, so when traveling abroad, remember: lots of spicy food + possibly contaminated water = very bad idea.
cheyenne rupert

Pine Grove, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

It has been over 4 weeks since I went to the bathroom. What should I do?!????!!!
cheyenne rupert

Pine Grove, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

its been at least 20 stinking days since I went shit . Tell me if you have any suggestions!!!! Thanks(:
cheyenne rupert

Pine Grove, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Thanks. Just now I think i might have got my poop out. nobody called me but thanks ok(;
cheyenne rupert

Pine Grove, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

i feel a little better
cheyenne rupert

Pine Grove, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

I got my poop out. Yeah for meh!!! Put something up for me to tell you what to exactly what to do. Don't be afraid to put it up!!!!!
Shari

Redwood City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

cheyenne rupert wrote:
I got my poop out. Yeah for meh!!! Put something up for me to tell you what to exactly what to do. Don't be afraid to put it up!!!!!
No one replied to any of your posts because it's clear you're just messing w/ us. The FIRST tip that you're lying: your repeated spammish posts over & over again. The SECOND tip that you're lying: first you said it's been 4 weeks, then you said it's been over 20 days. You might want to get your story straight. ;) Four weeks is 28 days, not 20. The THIRD tip that you're lying: it is not physically possible to be constipated for 4 weeks and still be going about your daily life, eating, sleeping, shopping, etc. If you truly were constipated for 4 weeks you would have intense discomfort/pain, you would probably feel very sick and you certainly wouldn't feel like joking about it! It would likely mean that you have a fecal impaction, which is a medical emergency because it can cause your body to become toxic and it can cause your intestines to perforate or rupture. So please get your sh*ts (pun intended) & giggles elsewhere. How about your school playground? Thank you.
cheyenne rupert

Pine Grove, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

i love bella from twilight and edward nobody is her except me!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

23 Users are viewing the Constipation Forum right now

Search the Constipation Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Fast constipation cure! (Mar '13) 20 hr Manisha 33
Severe Constipation- 2 weeks no go- Bloating/No... (Nov '08) Tue bronson123 199
Home Remedies for Constipation - Top 12 Users R... (Aug '07) Tue onegreenguy 23
Best Fiber supplements for relief of constipation (Aug '09) Jul 24 Della 16
Yay I am unconstipated! I have some tips (Sep '08) Jul 14 Shae 211
Soft stool, but feel constipated (Feb '10) Jun 30 david 35
4 months of constipation hell (Aug '11) Jun '14 aanchal 22
•••
•••