Lumpy stools
Robby

Apo, AP

#1 Oct 7, 2010
I have a somewhat odd situation I guess. I have a bowel movement almost everyday so constipation isn't an issue for me per se. About two weeks ago I noticed my stool was more dry and somewhat lumpy. Still very easy to pass and still everyday. It got somewhat back to normal last week and then again this week it is sort of back to the same.

Again, it isn't difficult to pass but it may be three or four pieces of semi-lumpy to normal stool or it may be 20 pieces of stool- not nut sized but about 1-1 1/2" diaameter pieces.

What do you think would be causing this? Up until about 2-3 weeks ago I ate lots of veggies and drink about 64 ounces of water a day but I ahve cut back so I am thinking the combination may be the culprit. I started back to my normal veggie/water think two days ago but it hasn't made a big difference yet.

BTW, I also have IBS but it hasn't really been acting up lately ( a little at the beginning of last week but calmed down now)

Tanks

Robby
Nursey

Reading, UK

#2 Oct 14, 2010
Sounds like you are slightly dehydrated and that is what is causing the change in bowel habit. Keep drinking lots of water, it may take a few days to make a difference
Robby

Apo, AP

#3 Oct 14, 2010
IT has gotten back to normal after eating lots of fiber and drinking lots of water. The funny thing is that today when I had a movement it was about 2 inches in diameter at the front and about 1 1/4" at back. Funny looking but I guess since it was big otherwise (and has been the past week) it is no big deal????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Constipation Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Not constipated but can't go! (Apr '12) Jan 13 Justme 17
Poll The longest time you have been constipated ? (Feb '08) Jan 11 Angel Cannon 299
Severe Constipation- 2 weeks no go- Bloating/No... (Nov '08) Jan 11 Harold 251
Fast constipation cure! (Mar '13) Jan 6 1459ome 105
Dr. Natura's Colonix Questions (Mar '07) Dec 30 Bdrew37 343
Soft stool, but feel constipated (Feb '10) Dec 29 Chrizzla 132
Yay I am unconstipated! I have some tips (Sep '08) Dec 29 Christina t 302
More from around the web