Severe Constipation- 2 weeks no go- B...

Severe Constipation- 2 weeks no go- Bloating/No hunger/Fatigue

Posted in the Constipation Forum

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
MeConstipatedBad

Rego Park, NY

#1 Nov 9, 2008
hi guys.
I am severly constipated. No poo for 2 weeks, except a tiny tiny something a couple of days ago. I have bad bloating, and haven't wanted to eat for the past days, but I pushed myself to eat some. I am tired, and overall I do not feel well. I would resort to a laxative, but my days are very busy, and I don't think I'll have time to run to the toilet unprepared. Please help me go, lol. Tips? Similar situations? By the way I am not going to the doctor, I am doing this the natural way, if I can. Thanks.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
MeConstipatedBad

Rego Park, NY

#2 Nov 15, 2008
Update: november 15th
I still haven't gone to the bathroom. The bloating is terrible and I don't wish to eat at all. In 31 days, I have gone to the bathroom twice, both times with the aid of a laxative. I am still hesitant to use one now, because I feel so awful. Hopefully I'll get some suggestions.
Feeling Better

Bonney Lake, WA

#3 Nov 22, 2008
Hi. I'm sorry this is happening to you. Unfortunately, you are going to have to take time to go to the bathroom, and work will have to wait. You need to adjust your priorities.
I was constipated for almost 2 years, but that meant going to the bathroom every 3-5 days. The first step is to drink water. Get in the habit of drinking 2 full glasses of water first thing in the morning. Take your shower, and then drink another glass. Chances are, that'll do the trick, so make sure you're allowing extra time for that in the morning. Being rushed won't help. Continue drinking water throughout the day, and then in the evening, drink a glass of prune juice, followed by a glass of water. Somehow, prune juice is much more powerful than eating prunes and drinking water. And it actually tastes good too. I hope you get to feeling better soon. Remember, you have to take care of yourself! It's a job that ONLY you can do. No one else can do it for you. So make it a priority.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
blahhh

Miami, FL

#4 Nov 28, 2008
i have the same problem.
its a horrible feeling and its the only thing i could think about. im gonna try drinking alot of fluids, and ive heard that if you drink a spoon full of olive oil, it helps the poo pas faster and easier.(:

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
tmisyerable

Warwick, NY

#5 Dec 5, 2008
you guys do not no what it means to be constipated im constipated i havent had relieve in months im only a child but i am full of poo i cant go at all.... my left side is absolutely killing me everyday and i drink water everyday i have been dieting to eat healthier to poop yet nothin even laxitives and enema doesnt do anything laxitives just come leaking in spit porportions and enema hurts and didnt work i couldnt get up the other day but i can walk and im feeling a bit better but no poo some gas
im miserable
11 AND CONSTIPATED

Coorparoo, Australia

#7 Dec 15, 2008
im an 11 year old girl and i am really scared. When i try to go to the toilet i am in so much pain. I do little poos like nuggets (Lol) But thats basically all i can do. If i try to push the biggy wont come out Can you please help me with some home remidys to get rid of constipation.
I have tryed parachoc, Honey in hot water, Juices, Fruits I honestly dont know what else to try. And my mum has tryed everything to help me.. If i cant get it out i have to go to hospital tomorrow. Please try to find some remidys!
icangonow

Bonnyrigg, UK

#8 Jan 11, 2009
11 and constipated needs help fast. Sweetheart when you sit on the loo can you try and lift your legs up in front of you . This really helped me and I was amazed at the massive poo tht arrived when I tried it this way. Some people say lean forwards but didn't work for me so I raise my legs (harder to do than you think) and it just seems to help the muscles in your bum to work. Gently rub your tummy while doing it too and if you do go to hospital DON'T BE SCARED they won't hurt you and they won't be embarressed either GOOD LUCK X

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jennifer S

Tunbridge Wells, UK

#9 Jan 12, 2009
Hope you are feeling better MeConstipatedBad. It really is horrendous to be constipated for that long. In case you are still in difficulty, I highly recommend this Digestive Health Assessment, and the site generally. I found it a great help in my time of need ;)
http://www.constipationadvice.co.uk/achieving...
Jx
Lindsay

Vale, NC

#10 May 11, 2009
Not going to the bathroom is not healthy at all. You're damaging your colon and also guaranteeing some colon health complications.

The best way to beat contipation is not only to eat healthy but also to regularly go to the bathroom. You need to retrain your bowel to have the stool at a regular time everyday.

Here is something you can do to get a relief right away. Drink vegetables and fruit juice blended with water. You can blend cucumber, celery, carrot, pear, apple and avocado with water and drink it at least once a day. It's a great constipation treatment and also great to keep you energized. It also cleanses the colon.

Drink warm water with lemon.

If you want a quick solution, drink warm prune juice at least one glass and wait a few minutes. It will have you run to the bathroom.

Unattended constipation will lead you to a lot of health issues that you may not want to deal with such as hemorrhoids.

http://www.ConstipationRemedies.org
Shanen

Singapore, Singapore

#12 May 18, 2009
I have constipation for some time.
Recently, I started drinking prune juice and IT WORKS!
Not only that, I also started taking a cup of honey drink (Honey mixed with warm water)every morning after I wake up. It kind of let you feel less bloated, and probably sooth your stomach and intestinal passage way too(well, at least that's what I feel).
My mum drinks only honey drink without relying on prune juice to help her get to the toilet.

So when you feel like you had to go to the toilet for that day, my advice is drink about 8oz-10oz of prune juice. It should take effect within 2-4 hours.
Hope that helps!
Shanen

Singapore, Singapore

#13 May 18, 2009
Oh, some more to add to the above I've mentioned.

I can't solely rely on honey drink. I drink both honey drink in the morning after I've wake up and drink prune juice in the late afternoon or evening, so that I have time to go to the toilet when the feeling comes. After drinking prune juice, your poo should be like watery and it passes out really easily.
Hope that helps!
GoingAtLast

Letterkenny, Ireland

#14 Jul 2, 2009
heya I had the same problem as you - I would go every 2 weeks or so but only with the help of laxatives.
I remember one week i had 3 cans of prunes, 9 dulcolax tablets and litres upon lites of water in me along with regular exercise and a fibre rich diet and i had no luck at all
And then i met Fybogel =]
I would highly recommend it. Take one sachet in the morning and one at night and also maybe take 2-3 tablespoons of laxose aswell. Works brilliant and allows you to go almost everyday
The Fybogel is just a sachet of powder that you put in some water. Its orange flavour but is quite grainy but is pleasant to take, but as you all know when your badly constipated you'd gladly drink your dogs pee if you thought it would work (lol)
Hopefully this works for you. Ive only been using it for 4 days but for the past 4 days ive went =]
sucess!
Good luck! I know how depressed it can get you
xxx
GoingAtLast

Letterkenny, Ireland

#15 Jul 2, 2009
Oh, just incase I wasnt clear, you have to take that every day,
Dieingfromnotgoi ng

Texas City, TX

#16 Jul 14, 2009
I am 27 weeks pregnant and haven't had a BM in over 2 weeks. I have now developed a hemmeroid, Ive tried dulcolax, nothing. I even gave myself an enema today. I was lucky to get out the smallest poo Ive ever seen Even smaller than my 3 yr old daughters BMs. As Well the past 2 weeks I have vomited constantly through the day, it is only getting worse. I crave no food...It's hard to eat I force myself because I am pregnant. I go to see my Dr. later this week but I fear I can't wait that long. Anyone have any advise? Or been there before? Im freaking out!!
no poo 3 weeks

Eugene, OR

#17 Aug 7, 2009
I need all and any at home things to do and I done every one down this list that every one wrote in I have been having problem breathing and my arm gos to sleep where it feels like it not there so bad it wakes me I am thing maybe all is because the poo problem I have had this for 12years now I am 27 mom of 2 and man it sucks I just feel like I need sleep and weak.
NatureCure

Glendale Heights, IL

#18 Aug 7, 2009
Natural way is the best way. I have worked with a Gastroenterologist for 5 years. After performing all the tests his advise would be YOGA, HYDROTHERAPY, DIET, ALL HEALTHY LIVING TIPS. THATS IT. Follow healthy lifestyle. You can also check out some tips for free on www.cardinalcure.com .
MeConstipatedBad wrote:
hi guys.
I am severly constipated. No poo for 2 weeks, except a tiny tiny something a couple of days ago. I have bad bloating, and haven't wanted to eat for the past days, but I pushed myself to eat some. I am tired, and overall I do not feel well. I would resort to a laxative, but my days are very busy, and I don't think I'll have time to run to the toilet unprepared. Please help me go, lol. Tips? Similar situations? By the way I am not going to the doctor, I am doing this the natural way, if I can. Thanks.
no poo 3 weeks

Eugene, OR

#19 Aug 8, 2009
thank you for the info and have you used this?
no poo 3 weeks

Eugene, OR

#20 Aug 8, 2009
NatureCure wrote:
Natural way is the best way. I have worked with a Gastroenterologist for 5 years. After performing all the tests his advise would be YOGA, HYDROTHERAPY, DIET, ALL HEALTHY LIVING TIPS. THATS IT. Follow healthy lifestyle. You can also check out some tips for free on www.cardinalcure.com .
<quoted text>
thank you for the info and have you used this?
MeConstipatedBad

New York, NY

#21 Sep 26, 2009
Hello everyone. It has been some months since I created this post, and I regret saying my constipation hasn't improved in the least bit. This is going to sound immature but I feel like crying right now. 1 month ago was the last time I actually went, with the aid of a laxative. I went a little something last week but that was with yet another dose of laxative, and saying little is really being generous. I am letargic, tired, bloated, and my constipation is at it's worst. I don't know what to do anymore. I have an enema in the house but I am scared to death to use it. I just want to be like so many people who go once every other day or so! I know you guys can understand. Heck, I might not be the only one who counts how long the last BM was, which is comforting. Thank you all for the advice. I'm going to eat fruits and vegetables and take the other advice into consideration as well. Anything is worth a try, especially when you feel this uncomfortable.
naturalremediesf orall_com

Beijing, China

#22 Sep 27, 2009
As someone else said on another post - are you allergic to something? Try cutting out cheese and wheat to begin with and see how you get on.

You could try squatting rather than sitting on the toilet. I know that it is not usual in the West, but it really is supposed to be better for you and it helps straighten the last part of the colon too. This makes it easier for gravity to give a hand.

Generally, the best thing to do is to make sure that there is nothing physically wrong (ie, that you do not have a blockage or any other physical reason why you are constipated). Then try an enema to get things moving. It sounds as if you really need help from someone who can advise you on a long term change of lifestyle, diet, and allergy testing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Constipation Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Constipation 14 hr Bijones 1
Fast constipation cure! (Mar '13) Wed Vern Deer 100
Constipation with soft small stool Apr 22 51Arizona 1
Soft stool, but feel constipated (Feb '10) Apr 22 51Arizona 114
Yay I am unconstipated! I have some tips (Sep '08) Apr 22 Katlyn 291
Restoralax (Aug '11) Apr 10 Willow 25
I have a problem and it's me. Please help. Mar '17 Luz_Desiree 1
More from around the web