Husband's troubles weigh on Lakeville mayor

Lakeville Mayor Holly Dahl just wants all the attention to go away. It's bad enough, she said, that her husband is in the advanced stages of colon cancer. Full Story
Barnum Guy

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Oct 8, 2010
How low will some people go?

The woman's husband is very sick and fighting for his life and then you have some low life sending anonymous e-mails to the Pioneer Press. There was a time when people had some class, but I see that time has passed a long time ago.
Sarah

Mankato, MN

#2 Oct 8, 2010
So a low-life anonymous scum sends an email when these people are fighting a hidious disease causing them all kinds of problems. There's no shortage of slime, no matter what level the politics are at.
Just the Facts

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Oct 8, 2010
If he can't run his business properly, he should fulfill his remaining obligations and shut it down.

Hiding behind an illness sounds like a cop out.
For just the facts

Burnsville, MN

#4 Oct 8, 2010
You have obviously NEVER dealt with cancer in your life or any loved ones. As a survivor, your time, energy and focus is spent on beating the disease. The disease and sometimes the treatment sucks the life out of you. You really are a heartless a$$. To the Press, an anonymous source can generate this much print space, really, shame on you, this is not news.
gimme a break

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Oct 8, 2010
The Press is at it again. Bloggers, secret e-mails, political agenda's and a recession, all good material for for the lazy press to write about. Playing into the hands of nasty people who's only pleasure in life is hurting others at their lowest point is not reporting, it's being a tabloid. Shame on the so called press for this article.
LCD

Denver, CO

#6 Oct 8, 2010
Next hot scoop, someone at the Lakeville gas station called the candidate a naughty name to someone at another pump! Better swoop in the TV stations for this unsubstantiated coverage.
Farmtown Girl

Rosemount, MN

#7 Oct 8, 2010
Ms Dahl did an interview in the local Lakeville paper about this subject! She open the flood gates herself! Karma is a !@#$%! She was not afraid herself to bring up personal issues of one of her opponents! What goes around comes around!
For just the facts

Burnsville, MN

#8 Oct 8, 2010
Farmtown Girl wrote:
Ms Dahl did an interview in the local Lakeville paper about this subject! She open the flood gates herself! Karma is a !@#$%! She was not afraid herself to bring up personal issues of one of her opponents! What goes around comes around!
Hey Farmtown Girl; scoop: it's an election year for the Mayor, any candidate trying to unseat any incumbent has 'well-intended' supporters who think a story such as this will give their candidate a 'lead' over an incumbent. Why do you think the e-mailer wishes to remain UNKNOWN!! Mayor Dahl was FORCED to pour out her personal life and struggles because the Press gives so much weight to an anonyomous tipster. They are nothing but cowards. Way to go Jessica, n-i-c-e.
Farmtown Girl

Rosemount, MN

#10 Oct 8, 2010
Hey For Just the Fact: scoop, She was NOT FORCED to pour out her personal life.......as told to me years ago, NO Comment!
For just the facts

Burnsville, MN

#11 Oct 8, 2010
Farmtown Girl wrote:
Hey For Just the Fact: scoop, She was NOT FORCED to pour out her personal life.......as told to me years ago, NO Comment!
Why don't you ask the reporter how long she's been sitting on this story. And I'm sure you got your information right from the source. Or was that from another person who doesn't want to be identified. Lob the grenade and run...
dontblamethemedi a

Lakeville, MN

#12 Oct 8, 2010
I don't have a side in this race and I live nowhere near Lakeville. I never heard of either of these candidates before this piece.

But let's be clear... doesn't it say in the story the Lakeville mayor sent out a PRESS RELEASE explaining how she is not connected to the litigation against her husband? How would a reporter see that release and not write an article about it, knowing other media were going to cover the story and the Lakeville mayor was herself putting it out there? Even if you didn't want to cover it, you would have to at that point.

And these aren't just unpaid debts, they're lawsuits. It's a logical question: "are you implicated in any of these lawsuits against your hubbie, seeing as you signed on as a guarantor on one of his loans?"

She answered that question, the reporter did a tasteful job in covering her answer to that question, and now we can all move on.
Oh Really

Rochester, MN

#13 Oct 10, 2010
I dont know how I feel about this
Sigh

Rochester, MN

#14 Oct 10, 2010
Just a 5 minute fact check on the MN Courts website shows Mayor Dahl and her Husband with a lot more than just $1 million. Also if you go back in time (back to 97), before she was mayor the website also shows a few other civil cases, non-payment of rent ( http://pa.courts.state.mn.us/CaseDetail.aspx... ) and two others for unpaid debts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Colon Cancer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
High vitamin D levels increase survival of pati... Jan 13 Gerald Vonberger 1
The 10 commandments of cancer prevention (May '09) Jan 9 An apple a day 7
Less invasive may be best way (Jan '14) Apr '14 Deb 5
City of Toronto refuses to pay for funeral of u... (Jan '14) Jan '14 wild child 8
FDA approves Amgen colon cancer drug Vectibix (Feb '07) Nov '13 yoram 2
BLOG: Farrah Fawcett's Cancer Battle Raising Qu... (May '09) Sep '13 bud_schmones 6
Antidepressant enhances chemotherapy drug (Dec '08) Sep '13 Dashawn 2
More from around the web