Insurer won't pay for colonoscopy anesthetic

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Another insurer plans to clamp down on the use of a powerful anesthetic during an increasingly common form of colon cancer screening.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 24 of24
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Dwayne

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2011

Unfortunately, the whole story was left out in order to sell a news story. There are many degrees of anesthesia. They are referring to heavy anesthesia that requires an anesthesiologist. Conscious sedation, that can be performed with a nurse at the bedside, is used routinely and you will have little to no memory of the test. You will not be "Wide Awake" for this test. Don't let a misleading "stupid" reporter affect your health.
Rick Azzman

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2012

I have Blue Cross/Blue Shield and they covered 100%, docotor, hospital, sedation.
Woke up and never knew what happened. The only way to do it!
Laura NYC

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Why should anyone have to suffer through a procedure, that is inherently painful for most. If you choose to have no sedation/anesthesia, that is your right. Should you need to ( as i do, because of a prior bad experience) than why should this be a issue?
research med

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Colonoscopy sedation is safe IF and only IF you have an anesthesiologist personally perform youy anesthesia. Agree to the usually BS about an "anesthesia care team" any you will end up with a nurse-crna making life and death decisions about your care. Do you want YOUR life to be in the hands of a nurse (CRNA) or a physician (anesthesiologist?)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 24 of24
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Colon Cancer Discussions

Search the Colon Cancer Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
City of Toronto refuses to pay for funeral of u... Jan '14 wild child 8
Less invasive may be best way Jan '14 NJ John 3
Toilet paper could hide a cancer warning sign, ... Jan '14 Stan4 1
The 10 commandments of cancer prevention (May '09) Nov '13 One for all All for one 5
FDA approves Amgen colon cancer drug Vectibix (Feb '07) Nov '13 yoram 2
BLOG: Farrah Fawcett's Cancer Battle Raising Qu... (May '09) Sep '13 bud_schmones 6
Antidepressant enhances chemotherapy drug (Dec '08) Sep '13 Dashawn 2
•••
•••
•••
•••