tired of not getting pain meds from the dr. Advice?

Posted in the Chronic Pain Forum

Comments
1 - 14 of 14 Comments Last updated Sep 19, 2012

Since: Dec 11

Chesterfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Anyone else have issues w/ this? I am so sick of the insurance company dictating how many pills are enough, and my doctor being afraid to prescribe me the amount I need to live normally. I have bought black market in the past due to this. I just wish I could get what I needed without an insurance company who doesn't know me assuming I'm an addict.
Ok, vent over.

So anyone have any good coping strategies for dealing with pain?

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

so how many is enough? If you are, like I was, it didn't matter how many I was given, after a few days they were all gone and I was left with the pain of not having something for pain.
It's a little disgusting to see CPP's complain that they aren't getting enough relief when they get 120 oxy's a month. They're chasing the high, not seeking pain relief...

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2012

Depending on how many the doctor is prescribing you. Something you could do is pay for your prescription in cash and ask the pharmacist can not run your script through the insurance. Of course this won't help you if your doctor isn't willing to write you a script for more. You might be better off buying blackmarket

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2012

Well I think 2 or 3 day isn't enough...and I'm only getting 5mg norcos, so that's not much IMO. I do understand a lot of people (not just CPPs either) will take as many as possible, that's what is screwing me over honestly.

Pizza I've bought blackmarket before and am ready to do so again I think. I hadn't thought about the insurance part, thanks for the suggestion.
Sinatra1955

Trumbull, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

I completely see where you're coming from blitz. I was in the same situation last year where my doctor was giving me vicodin 7.5...4 times a day but my insurance would only cover 100 a month. I have cigna for my insurance and once I was bumped up to 15mg IR oxycodone I was not only controlled by my doc and the insurance company, my pharmacist felt the need to intervene and throw his 2 in to my doctor telling him negative things about abuse. which is not his problem and im the one taking the risk since I'm the one on constant chronic pain!
it's a life long struggle for us CPP patient bc the junkies doctor shopping and saturating the market are ruining trust and the proper help given to us by the insurance and doctors.

blitz-if u maybe wanna work something out I can probably help you

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

Sinatra why don't you PM me and we'll talk.:)

And that's part of my issue with the whole thing, THEM dictating what is and is not abuse, bc there are so many of us in real pain and they just have no idea what that's like. Thanks for the response, at least when I come here I know I can find others in my situation, and I'm not alone.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

blitz44 wrote:
Sinatra why don't you PM me and we'll talk.:)
And that's part of my issue with the whole thing, THEM dictating what is and is not abuse, bc there are so many of us in real pain and they just have no idea what that's like. Thanks for the response, at least when I come here I know I can find others in my situation, and I'm not alone.
I enjoy chatting with people who share the same common problems and unfortunately we all come across an obstacle when trying to receive the right treatment, which is ludicrous when we have MRI's X-rays and years of pain and agony on the table. Im having troubles PM'ing you blitz :(. do you have an email?

Ahmedabad, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Hi there,

How about doing a free skpye session with me for your chronic pains?

In all probabilities your pain will be gone in 60 mins and you do not even have to pay for it :)

If you think you can believe me, do message me.

Regards,

Sourabh

Since: Jan 12

Phoenix

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2012

I wasn't having a problem getting what I needed from the doctor, it was the insurance co that was only willing to pay so much a month for only so many. I finally had the dr write 2 scripts, one for the amt insurance would pay and another I pay cash for. It has worked out for the last 2 years so it might be worth a try :-). Good luck
Bydasea

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2012

Im having the same problem w/ my insurance.. can someone please let me know of a legit roxy or hydrocodone seller on here? Cuz I've been reading posts thru out this place and it seems to be mostly scams, its very hard to weed out. Please and thank you

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2012

Oh that's a good idea UofApsych, thank you, I'm going to see if my doc will do that. You're all right, it's the insurance co dictating how many.

New Rochelle, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

sourabhb wrote:
Hi there,
How about doing a free skpye session with me for your chronic pains?
In all probabilities your pain will be gone in 60 mins and you do not even have to pay for it :)
If you think you can believe me, do message me.
Regards,
Sourabh
how can you help i need help

Stamford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Sinatra1955 wrote:
<quoted text>
I enjoy chatting with people who share the same common problems and unfortunately we all come across an obstacle when trying to receive the right treatment, which is ludicrous when we have MRI's X-rays and years of pain and agony on the table. Im having troubles PM'ing you blitz :(. do you have an email?
and lets not even talk about how hard it is just to get a damn MRI in the first place.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

john1327 wrote:
<quoted text>
and lets not even talk about how hard it is just to get a damn MRI in the first place.
I have united healthcare and have no problems getting X-rays or MRIs.

I live in CT and have a great PM doctor if you would like to talk

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••