How to Approach Your Doctor to Change

Posted in the Chronic Pain Forum

Cougar

Haysville, KS

#1 Jul 30, 2010
Hi,

Right now I am taking hydro 10/325 mg, perscribed by my doctor. I would like to switch percs. It was hard enough getting the hydros so I'm afraid of asking.

I live in Wichita where you have to hand deliver your scripts for for sleeping pills. I can't even find a pain clinic to take me even when I have sparkling arclean records.

Thsnks!
Coug
tk_it_ez

Shawnee, KS

#3 Aug 7, 2010
If you can't find a doctor that's willing then are you *sure* you're legitimately in need?

That's the only reason I can think any compassionate pain mgmt. doctor would turn anyone away.

Remember that primary care physicians are not gonna get involved in prescribing meds that they only will do when it's their family, to improve their social status, a potential money maker or a potential sex partner.

They leave that to the Pain Docs. because of DEA harassment for doctors who have a lot of logged scripts for schedule 2 narcotics.

How bout that pill mill that got busted near you?
http://www.thekansan.com/news/x1980747460/Doc...

You can try one of the pay as you go places like eclinicmd.com , but their doctors over time if not the 1st one are going to require adequate documentation.

I have a friend who got involved with those people but that costs a lot of $$.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chronic Pain Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Soft Balls - Footballs that is. 6 hr NY Beach Bum 9
Falling Skies & other Scifi (Jul '14) 6 hr NY Beach Bum 95
Bracing For The Big One 6 hr NY Beach Bum 10
Things I Like About Daisy... 15 hr its me daisy 180
The brand new and improved B.S.thread (Jan '14) Tue MEEE 3,561
new music thread (Jan '14) Jan 23 Wiley_Kyote 3,640
King Tut Jan 23 Crystal_Clear722 5
More from around the web