So Why Lower Cholesterol At All??

Posted in the Cholesterol Forum

RockyBob

Lynnwood, WA

#1 Jun 20, 2012
Looking at this forum and the topics, it looks like a foregone conclusion that anyone with "elevated" cholesterol needs to do something to get the numbers down. It is assumed by most everyone that elevated levels of cholesterol will clog arteries, or something like that. Any scientist will tell you that finding a counter example to a hypothesis is sufficient to require modification of that hypothesis. How about this: I have a total cholesterol of between 599 and 640 (last two readings), I'm a 66 year old man, AND I have zero plaque in my heart arteries. Statistically this means I'm in a group that has less than 1 chance in 500 of having a heart attack. Or, since I have no coronary artery disease (CAD), I think my risk is as close to zero as possible. Not only no clogged arteries, I don't have any buildup at all.
I'm not that unique. Although very few people have levels similar to mine, of those who do, approximately 20 percent are like me, no plaque.
So, how come? No medical professional knows why, and I have lots of emails with "experts" who say as much. The medical profession ignores people like me because we don't have heart disease, but there is probably much to be learned if they would begin to study us.
What this means is that the "cholesterol clogs arteries", as a simple model for heart disease can't be correct. There may be some correlation, maybe, but correlation is not causation. Think about the increase in cellphones and the increase in obesity. They correlate because both have gone up in the last decade, but nobody seriously thinks that reducing the number of cellphones will reduce the amount of obesity (or vise versa).
What does it mean for someone with normally elevated cholesterol? It sure seems to me that before anyone even thinks about trying to reduce his/her cholesterol levels at all, they should get an actual picture of the state of their heart arteries. The best method, both because of minimal radiation and quality of imaging, is EBCT (Electron Beam Computed Tomography). These machines are relatively rare; I think there is only one in the entire city of Seattle.
Teresa

Deltona, FL

#2 Jun 25, 2012
I know that reducing your beef intake helps to lower cholesterol significantly. I know of a website that offers free no red meat recipes and they are good, easy too. I think it's called www.nobullaboutit.com .
Teresa

Deltona, FL

#3 Jun 27, 2012
SMOTHERED CHICKEN BREASTS

2 teaspoons of black pepper
2 teaspoons of garlic salt
4 table spoons of extra virgin olive oil
¾ of a cup of chicken broth
½ a cup of pinot grigio white wine
1 large can cream of mushroom soup
2 – 2 ½ lbs of boneless skinless chicken breasts

For additional FREE recipes visit www.noBULLaboutit.com

Brown chicken in Olive oil seasoned with Lowry’s garlic salt and pepper. Then cover with cream of mushroom soup, chicken broth and white wine. Simmer on low for about 45 mins to an hour depending on thickness of breasts (you can visit our site for internal cooking temps @ www.noBULLaboutit.com ) Remove from pan allow resting for 5 minutes and serving our creamy mashed potatoes.
Teresa

Deltona, FL

#4 Jun 29, 2012
1. Avoid eating fatty foods suc as red meat. You can find free no red meat recipes at www.noBULLaboutit.com
2. Stay away from junk foods such as resturuant and hotel foods.
3. Avoid canned food which can increase cholesterol
4. Increase your intake of fresh fruits and vegetables
5. Increase you intake of Oatmeal
6. Increase your intake of garlic - eat it every day if possible.

And one last tip, now I am not a doctor, but my mother reduced her cholesterol from 254 to 199 in 5 weeks with the help of Metamucil.
Vinnie

Ultimo, Australia

#5 Jul 3, 2012
Everyone wants a quick pill to fix their problems, no one wants to know why their cholesterol levels are raised, and it is not the cholesterol which is the dangerous factor but other factors like raised triglycerides and inflammation in the body, these so called drugs are only a cure of the symptoms and not of the underlying problem, Also they are a multibillion dollar industry . Read Dr. Sandra Cabot’s books and find out the reasons, she herself is a qualified doctor who chose not to believe the orthodox studies they are being taught in medical school... I was also told by these stupid doctors that it is genetic and i will have to take these statins and other drugs for life, but after reading Sandra cabot’s books and changing my diet – lowering carbs and not fat made the difference and doing a little bit of regular exercise also helped, so people get some time out and buy these books and first repair your liver which is manufacturing shit loads of cholesterol and triglycerides , once you regulate your liver all your levels would come down. Eliminate sugar from your diet and even those artificial ones like diet cokes and see the difference.
Teresa

Deltona, FL

#6 Jul 14, 2012
Help us to keep bringing you free recipes by clicking on an adchoice ad when you visit our site at www.noBULLaboutit.com or our blog at www.noBULLaboutit.com/blog3
Teresa

Deltona, FL

#7 Jul 19, 2012
Kiss my grits,

If you remember this famous phrase you are probably at the age that you need to begin paying attention to your cholesterol levels. Check out our reduced cholesterol recipes at www.noBULLaboutit.com . And help us keep bringing them to you for free by clicking on one of our adchoice ads. As always there is nothing to purchase just take a look at what our sponsors have to say. Thank you to all who have and continue to support our cause.
Teresa

Deltona, FL

#8 Jul 19, 2012
If you would like to sign up for our newsletter, where you will receive recipes that are not available on our website, blog or groups, click this link http://nobullaboutit.com/ContactUs.html and type in newsletter.
Teresa

Deltona, FL

#9 Jul 24, 2012
Have you given up on pasta? Wait, not so fast! follow the link below to find out more about the Miracle Noodle. No Calories, No Carbs, High fiber, Gluten Freeand Zero points. www.noBULLaboutit.com/blog3

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cholesterol Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cholesterol drug benefits heart (Mar '06) Jan 8 supertramp 4
Cholesterol Raises Concerns (Mar '06) Jan 5 onlineherbalpill 2
Statin, clarithromycin co-prescription may caus... Dec '14 Crestor 1
Lipitor Lawsuits Move Forward, as Pfizer Seeks ... Dec '14 Ericaparker 3
Diet for high cholestrol Oct '14 jsss8791 1
Study: Cholesterol drug Crestor also cuts blood... (Mar '09) Oct '14 Diana 3
Zetia (Jul '06) Sep '14 patriciafrazer 34
More from around the web