Lipitor, Crestor will go to battle

Lipitor, Crestor will go to battle

There are 22 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Jan 17, 2008, titled Lipitor, Crestor will go to battle. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

Lipitor and Crestor both claim to lower bad cholesterol, while boosting good cholesterol.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Moved

Naples, FL

#1 Jan 17, 2008
If you want to lower your cholesterol, don't take a pill!!! Eat a bowl of oatmeal, the real stuff, for breakfast daily. After 30 days, you'll feel like a million bucks, and you won't lower your lifespan from taking pills! Also, eat an apple daily for optimal colon health.
Moved

Naples, FL

#2 Jan 17, 2008
Lipitor and Crestor will BOTH be in the news one day as causes of heart valve shutdown, kidney failure, etc. Don't listen to doctors that like to prescribe pills for everything! The doctors are being paid by the pharmaceutical companies to use their products! A pill is a quick fix and the body shouldn't be subjected to quick fixes.
ramon

Mansfield, OH

#3 Jan 17, 2008
May the Pharmaceutical Company with the most dollars to donate to this test and most free samples win fair and square.

Who the hell is The clinic trying to kid???
Lipitorisevil

Columbus, OH

#4 Jan 17, 2008
Statins change the function of your liver in many ways, not just cholesterol production. I threw my Lipitor away 8 months ago. Here is a link to some information about side effects and damage statins can do.

http://www.newmediaexplorer.org/sepp/2004/03/...
Sandy Whichisit

Cleveland, OH

#5 Jan 17, 2008
So will this help determine which drug will be finally be "approved" for the Cleveland Clinic's employees who were once perscribed Zocor, switched to Litor, changed to the current required generic Simvastatin?
Sandy Whichisit

Cleveland, OH

#6 Jan 17, 2008
I totaly agree with "MOVED" and "RAMON" --- buyer beware. The health care industry, is just that, an "industry" hell-bent on making money first and foremost.
GoCavs

Naples, FL

#7 Jan 17, 2008
I say drop the drugs and start taking control of your own life. Do right by your body. The body doesn't like foreign meds manipulating it. It becomes a vicious cycle. I'm with you Moved, eat oatmeal, have an apple, learn to listen to your body.
Josh

Uhrichsville, OH

#8 Jan 17, 2008
The sky is falling! Evil drug companies run by greedy people! Malpractice lawsuits abound!

Hey, let's face it. Lab rats cost money and piss off PETA, while human beings PAY to be lab rats. Pretty much a no-brainer right?

I love the drug ads, especially when they list the side effects like "flushing, dry mouth, trouble urinating and fits of anal bleeding". Sure makes me wanna try out their product!
Don9of11

Akron, OH

#9 Jan 17, 2008
Just eat a healthy meal and 20minutes of exercise a day and thats all you need. Unless you have a genetic predispostion to high cholesteral. What are the differences in the side effects? All medicine developed today is symptomatically engineered, that is to treat the symptoms and not the cause.
Go for it

Strongsville, OH

#10 Jan 17, 2008
Moved wrote:
If you want to lower your cholesterol, don't take a pill!!! Eat a bowl of oatmeal, the real stuff, for breakfast daily. After 30 days, you'll feel like a million bucks, and you won't lower your lifespan from taking pills! Also, eat an apple daily for optimal colon health.
Nothing wrong with that approach, as long is it works. May work for many people.
Go for it

Strongsville, OH

#11 Jan 17, 2008
Don9of11 wrote:
Just eat a healthy meal and 20minutes of exercise a day and thats all you need. Unless you have a genetic predispostion to high cholesteral. What are the differences in the side effects? All medicine developed today is symptomatically engineered, that is to treat the symptoms and not the cause.
Dude--Meet Grump at the Rootstown Arby's for a drink.
dres

Bath, PA

#12 Feb 5, 2008
Lipitor adverse reactions reports to reported to the FDA between April and June, 2007:

103 reports of MYALGIA
53 reports of PAIN IN EXTREMITY
45 reports of MUSCULAR WEAKNESS

Source:
http://adverse-drug-reaction.net/index.aspx
bobbi

United States

#13 Feb 5, 2008
and if the companies stopped the advertising, billions a year in prescription costs would be saved. maybe helping lower drug costs!
WandaM

Howell, NJ

#15 Jul 17, 2008
Cindy

Cleveland, OH

#16 Jul 17, 2008
Moved wrote:
I agree. Liptor and Crestor has side effects that can cripple your life.
r06u3ap

New Albany, IN

#17 Feb 20, 2010
The health care industry in America has become too overrun with venality, greed and corruption for anyone to ever accept anything a "Doktor" says at face value or on faith any longer. Message to the "Doktors": it's time to face the facts. We're not buying it anymore.
YSL

Grove City, OH

#21 Mar 29, 2010
@r06u3ap: Information about Lipitor: http://www.gomedstore.com/prescriptions/atorv... - Dosage, Medication Guide & Purchase Generic Lipitor
SJM

Spokane, WA

#22 Oct 23, 2010
My doc told me my cholesterol was out of whack and wanted me to go on statins or high doses of niacin but both have some ugly side effects so I did my research and while doing so I found a site that offered an email course to learn how I could reverse atherosclerosis, lower cholesterol and achieve better health without using prescription drugs. I did what was mentioned and my cholesterol is normal and my last thallium treadmill showed no sign of arterial blockage. If you want to check it out you can fine the info here: http://www.reverseheartdisease.net
John

Ipoh, Malaysia

#23 Nov 2, 2010
Get all long term medications at low prices
We keep all kinds of long term drugs
Hypertensives Anti Cholesteol Diabetic medictions at low prices
Lipitor Crestor
Fortzaar Micardis Dionvan HCT
Exforge Norvasc Plavix
Galvusmet Janumet
htt//www.medicationtoyou.com
Alex

Renton, WA

#24 Nov 6, 2010
There is a natural supplement in the market which is clinically proven and and also recommended in PDR to bring cholestrol levels to normal by 3-6 months of usage
For more info send an email to [email protected]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cholesterol Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ezetrol (Ezetimibe Tablets) Problems (May '07) Nov 30 asfdaf 126
News Lawsuits filed over Lipitor side effects (Jun '06) Sep '16 Kathy 848
News Niacin gave me very badside effects (Jan '08) Aug '16 HumanSpirit 20
News Ask Dr. Weil by Andrew Weil : Red yeast rice ex... (Jul '08) Aug '16 jackchen 19
blood work (May '16) May '16 jennyhicup 1
News Potential Cholesterol-Lowering Drug Molecule Ha... (Apr '16) Apr '16 LUCY JANE 1
News People's Pharmacy (Jun '12) Apr '16 shaanicky 25
More from around the web