Lowering cholesterol in people with high cholesterol (hypercholesterolemia). Crestor can reduce total cholesterol, LDL ("bad cholesterol"), ApoB, non-HDL cholesterol, and triglycerides -- as well as raise HDL ("good cholesterol").
Lowering triglycerides in people with high triglycerides (hypertriglyceridemia).
As an add-on treatment in people with homozygous familial hypercholesterolemia to help lower total and LDL cholesterol and increase HDL cholesterol.
In previous research studies, people taking Crestor for high cholesterol treatment were able to, on average:
* Decrease LDL cholesterol by up to 63 percent
* Decrease triglycerides by up to 35 percent
* Decreases ApoB cholesterol by up to 54 percent
* Decrease total cholesterol by up to 46 percent
* Raise HDL by up to 14 percent.