Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July

May 4, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chattanoogan.com

Immunizations are one of the most efficient and cost-effective ways to protect children against childhood diseases and Tennessee law requires documented immunizations.

Comments
6,841 - 6,860 of 9,255 Comments Last updated 16 min ago
lol

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Done my homework wrote:
<quoted text>
Have I not covered that? Thomas, CSPAN, various news sites ranging from Democracy Now {used to check in at Real News Network, but they kinda lost it} to NewsMax, with BBC and Al Jazeera. Each story gets contrasted and compared between sources. The exceptions to the C/C is Thomas where I read the bills being considered by Congress; those have to be taken for what they are, but following the reporting on those bills can be quite entertaining.
From time to time a news story catches my eye, sometimes because of the source, and I may post it because I think it's interesting, not necessarily to make any kind of point.
I have recently been looking at another online source, BuzzSaw, hosted by Tyrel Ventura {yes, Jesse's son}. So far I've listened to 2 or 3 episodes.
Thank you for asking.
Do you have a link to that?
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

lol wrote:
<quoted text>Do you have a link to that?
Yes, but I usually just type in the URL myself. It's quicker than waiting on the bookmark toolbar.

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Done my homework wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that so?
Here's a little something you'll learn when you get an education. Ad Hominem attacks are a sure sign you've lost the argument. You go ahead though, the internet is open to all, at least for now.
And here's a little something you'll learn when you get an education:

Pointing out that you are uninterested in facts is not an ad hominem attack. You pretty much declared it 2-3 posts ago when you said you weren't interested in the _video_ evidence.

An ad hom would be: "You are wrong because you are ugly."
This is: "You are wrong because you aren't interested in getting the correct information."

By the way, that's pretty much the definition of how people end up with the wrong answer.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
And here's a little something you'll learn when you get an education:
Pointing out that you are uninterested in facts is not an ad hominem attack. You pretty much declared it 2-3 posts ago when you said you weren't interested in the _video_ evidence.
An ad hom would be: "You are wrong because you are ugly."
This is: "You are wrong because you aren't interested in getting the correct information."
By the way, that's pretty much the definition of how people end up with the wrong answer.
But I'm not uninterested in facts. I do find your grammatical errors to be worth pointing out when you don't feel the need to pay attention to others and I don't find your rhetoric and propaganda worthy of being called facts.

If you wish to use a term, like "non-edit", but wish to indicate that this is either parody or sarcasm, you should consider using quotation marks. Now if your intent was to deceive, or to draw me into a trap, then obviously you've failed at that as well.

Please tell me you're not the most educated Left Winger in the Tri-County area on Topix. That would be very disappointing, but I'm sure you've never "heard" that before.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Done my homework wrote:
If you wish to use a term, like "non-edit", but wish to indicate that this is either parody or sarcasm, you should consider using quotation marks.
Had you read the sentence you would know that a second set of quotation marks would have added confusion, not removed it.

The problem here, as always, is your lack of intellectual curiosity. You criticize my statement without reviewing the clip.

I'll lay it out for you one more time.

FoxNews was complaining about Obama's speech in which the term "you didn't build that" was used.

The had been, for the better part of a week, harping on that phrase as if he was referring to small business owners, when in fact he was saying that the small business owners are using bridges and highways which they didn't build.

They were deliberately taking his statement out of context.

What's worse, they were giving Romney a pass on the EXACT SAME POINT he had made in a different speech.

When FoxNews got called out for editing the President's speech and showing his comments out of context, Steve Doocey responded by acknowledging the criticism and then saying that he would now show the president's speech in context (ie unedited).

What followed was a clip in which the part of the speech which placed the statement IN CONTEXT was edited out using a particulate wipe which made Obama look like he was beaming up old Star Trek style.

This is the "non-edit" to which I was referring.

FoxNews literally told you (the viewer) that they were showing you (the viewer) a clip _in context_ and then proceeded to show you (the viewer) a clip that was OBVIOUSLY out of context.

Do you understand why that is misleading?

Would an ADULT understand why that is misleading?

Would a FoxNews viewer understand that they were being mislead?

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Had you read the sentence you would know that a second set of quotation marks would have added confusion, not removed it.
The problem here, as always, is your lack of intellectual curiosity. You criticize my statement without reviewing the clip.
FoxNews was complaining about Obama's speech in which the term "you didn't build that" was used.
The had been, for the better part of a week, harping on that phrase as if he was referring to small business owners, when in fact he was saying that the small business owners are using bridges and highways which they didn't build.
They were deliberately taking his statement out of context.
What's worse, they were giving Romney a pass on the EXACT SAME POINT he had made in a different speech.
When FoxNews got called out for editing the President's speech and showing his comments out of context, Steve Doocey responded by acknowledging the criticism and then saying that he would now show the president's speech in context (ie unedited).
What followed was a clip in which the part of the speech which placed the statement IN CONTEXT was edited out using a particulate wipe which made Obama look like he was beaming up old Star Trek style.
This is the "non-edit" to which I was referring.
FoxNews literally told you (the viewer) that they were showing you (the viewer) a clip _in context_ and then proceeded to show you (the viewer) a clip that was OBVIOUSLY out of context.
Do you understand why that is misleading?
Would an ADULT understand why that is misleading?
Would a FoxNews viewer understand that they were being mislead?
Yep, that's the "Fox Fake News" way of doing things, alright...edit, distort, and take things out of context , in order to manipulate their Viewers' opinions and make them think what FFN wants them to think. They are the "Masters of Deception", with a willing Group of viewers who are more than happy to be manipulated!
What a Pity!
tired of ignorance

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

lol wrote:
<quoted text>Should the state mandate SexySassySenior immunizations?
Yes!yes and yes! Then maybe they will go into remission,and be quiet for awhile

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

tired of ignorance wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes!yes and yes! Then maybe they will go into remission,and be quiet for awhile
So...you're advocating that I get Free Healthcare! Well, bless your little Thumping Gizzard...you do care after all! I feel so loved! Lol!
looking

Shelbyville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Here's more on this story

http://youtu.be/57gl-n2b6yw
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever hear of a "Tempest in a Teapot"?

I happen to be far more concerned about real things the government is doing to the people of this country, not some supposed slight by a news network you don't personally approve of.

At some point in your life you're going to have to come to grips with the fact that you can only control what you do and think. Others will have different points of view, and some will have perspectives you simply can't comprehend at this point. Life experience, world view, and situation in life help to form these perspectives. Though you may not have the life experiences another has, if you listen and pay attention you can learn from others and come to see their perspective. This is the education I speak of, and the fact that I have to explain this to you indicates where you are on this learning curve.

Now you may go back to your tantrum.
Anonymous

Murfreesboro, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

www.Infowars.com www.vactruth.com www.truthaboutvaccines.org www.wnho.net/vaccine_coverup.htm What about our freedom of choice? What if it's against one's beliefs? We might as well become slaves? Whats really in these vaccines?
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

VerdeSun wrote:
www.Infowars.com www.vactruth.com www.truthaboutvaccines.org www.wnho.net/vaccine_coverup.htm What about our freedom of choice? What if it's against one's beliefs? We might as well become slaves? Whats really in these vaccines?
Very good questions and observations, all of which deserve more discussion than "if you don't comply, leave". I guarantee that this same discussion under a Republican President would have Nuggin and his ilk singing a very different tune. They are never consistent, aside from saying what is necessary to support their wing of choice. Some might call that hypocrisy, but personally I think it is a mental illness, regardless of which wing or party the individual may support.

When they run out of ammunition, which usually doesn't take long, they begin attacking the straw-man they create of their adversary, hoping others will see their adversary as they do. All of this is a distraction from the central issue, in this case the right of the people to choose, leading to the larger issue of who holds ownership rights over each individual. Notice when this gained some traction, Nuggin shows up, like a Troll confronting someone crossing a particular bridge {where the term comes from}.

InfoWars and Prison Planet are not on my list of usual sources, but I have found that Alex Jones does document his research very well, and he isn't alone in this.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

I'm not trying to start an argument, but where does Alec Jones get his information and have you checked to see if they are legitimate Sources?

Long time Sources that have proven their truthfulnessand accuracy over a period of time...and that have been praised by Other Sources in the News and Journalism Field , are the most reliable that we have.

If other New Organizations use their Reports, then both the original source and the ones who use their reports , are all staking their reputation in the News Business on that Original Source.
I've never seen a Proven News Source, with a reputation to uphold, use any of Alec Jones' Reports in their own reporting. That's a sure sign that they don't believe them to be accurate or truthful.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Done my homework wrote:
They are never consistent, aside from saying what is necessary to support their wing of choice. Some might call that hypocrisy
You're kidding, right?

Unlike the Conservatives who backed and still back Bush's lies that got us into a war that has lasted longer than WWII, Liberals have been all over Obama's ass on drones, Gitmo, gun control, single payer health care, etc.

Meanwhile, the Republicans give Bush a pass on the 30 something attacks on embassies under his reign but now consider Benghazzi to be "10x bigger than Watergate and Iran-Contra combined".

Honestly, can you point to a SINGLE Conservative issue that is without hypocrisy? I'm dead serious. I've asked over and over and no one can do it.

Anti gay Republicans turn out to be gay themselves. Do any pro-gay Democrats suddenly reveal that they are actually secretly anti-gay? No.

Anti abortion Republicans drive their mistresses to abortion clinics. Do any pro-choice Democrats suddenly reveal they have kidnapped someone to keep her from getting an abortion? No.

Anti gun control Republicans won't repeal security measures around Congress to allow any citizen carrying any weapon to come inside. Do any pro-gun control Democrats ask for exceptions for armed criminals to be allowed in? Nope.

When you add it up, you'll see that on just about every issue the hypocrisy is _always_ on the side of the Conservatives.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
I'm not trying to start an argument, but where does Alec Jones get his information and have you checked to see if they are legitimate Sources?
Long time Sources that have proven their truthfulnessand accuracy over a period of time...and that have been praised by Other Sources in the News and Journalism Field , are the most reliable that we have.
If other New Organizations use their Reports, then both the original source and the ones who use their reports , are all staking their reputation in the News Business on that Original Source.
I've never seen a Proven News Source, with a reputation to uphold, use any of Alec Jones' Reports in their own reporting. That's a sure sign that they don't believe them to be accurate or truthful.
Where all he gets his info I can't say, but when he points to House Resolutions, or Senate Bills, I usually go and read them for myself. He also cites directly Executive Orders, and from time to time international treaties that can be found online. As I said, his interpretations are sometimes, maybe even usually, over the top, but that's because his livelihood depends on getting listeners. I treat my other sources the same way, I don't necessarily take their word for anything; I'd rather go and find out for myself and I'll make my own mind up. Anyone that doesn't is just a mouth piece for someone else, with no voice of their own. A child can be taught to recite, but an adult has the responsibility of verifying and validating.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
You're kidding, right?
Unlike the Conservatives who backed and still back Bush's lies that got us into a war that has lasted longer than WWII, Liberals have been all over Obama's ass on drones, Gitmo, gun control, single payer health care, etc.
Meanwhile, the Republicans give Bush a pass on the 30 something attacks on embassies under his reign but now consider Benghazzi to be "10x bigger than Watergate and Iran-Contra combined".
Honestly, can you point to a SINGLE Conservative issue that is without hypocrisy? I'm dead serious. I've asked over and over and no one can do it.
Anti gay Republicans turn out to be gay themselves. Do any pro-gay Democrats suddenly reveal that they are actually secretly anti-gay? No.
Anti abortion Republicans drive their mistresses to abortion clinics. Do any pro-choice Democrats suddenly reveal they have kidnapped someone to keep her from getting an abortion? No.
Anti gun control Republicans won't repeal security measures around Congress to allow any citizen carrying any weapon to come inside. Do any pro-gun control Democrats ask for exceptions for armed criminals to be allowed in? Nope.
When you add it up, you'll see that on just about every issue the hypocrisy is _always_ on the side of the Conservatives.
To borrow a phrase, "You're kidding, right?"

Kermit Gosnell, Margaret Sanger {founder of Planned Parenthood}, Lyndon Baines Johnson' "Gulf of Tonkin incident" and the USS Liberty, the defense of William J. Clinton, Whitewater, and the list does go on and on.

This is not to excuse Reagan and Granada, the investigation into 9/11 was shoddy at best, and don't even get me started on Bush 41. If you don't think both sides have much to appreciate in the hypocrisy department, you're deceiving yourself.

These are just a few of the many examples I can bring against both sides, but I need to correct your terminology. Not "conservatives", the proper term is "Republicans", or "Right Wing". I try to avoid using the term Liberal because in many ways I see myself as a liberal, and a conservative. No one is all one and none of the other.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Done my homework wrote:
<quoted text>
To borrow a phrase, "You're kidding, right?"
Kermit Gosnell, Margaret Sanger {founder of Planned Parenthood}, Lyndon Baines Johnson' "Gulf of Tonkin incident" and the USS Liberty, the defense of William J. Clinton, Whitewater, and the list does go on and on.
List of WHAT?

I'm asking for hypocrisy on current political issues.

Don't give me: "Oh, in World War One some Democrat was actually of German descent."

Give me an _issue_ that displays hypocrisy on the side of Liberals. You claim that they are all hypocrites, let's have an example from the last 3-4 years.
Not "conservatives", the proper term is "Republicans", or "Right Wing". I try to avoid using the term Liberal because in many ways I see myself as a liberal, and a conservative. No one is all one and none of the other.
Sorry, but that's where you are wrong.

We MUST use the term "Conservative" and "Liberal" because when we talk about Republicans posters like to pretend that Lincoln was on their side.

The parties switch philosophical stances. The stances don't change.

Conservatives supported slavery during the Civil War just like the are anti-immigration today.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
List of WHAT?
I'm asking for hypocrisy on current political issues.
Don't give me: "Oh, in World War One some Democrat was actually of German descent."
Give me an _issue_ that displays hypocrisy on the side of Liberals. You claim that they are all hypocrites, let's have an example from the last 3-4 years.
<quoted text>
Sorry, but that's where you are wrong.
We MUST use the term "Conservative" and "Liberal" because when we talk about Republicans posters like to pretend that Lincoln was on their side.
The parties switch philosophical stances. The stances don't change.
Conservatives supported slavery during the Civil War just like the are anti-immigration today.
I'm going to assume for a moment that you are as smart as you think you are.

Stop and think, Nuggin.

Words have definitions which make them extremely slow to change in their meanings, but terms can switch meanings rather quickly. Consider how "hot" and "cool" can be synonyms.

If you control the terms people use to communicate, you control the terms people use to think, effectively controlling what and how they think.

Do you not find this a very frightening thought? Look at your own polarized attitudes, and ask yourself if you're really this closed minded. BTW you do realize that a closed mind is common in all politics, whether left, right, conservative, liberal, monarchist or anarchist?

Lincoln suspended Habeas Corpus, imprisoned journalists that refused to support his agenda, and many more things that justify J.W. Booth's famous exclamation, "Sic Semper Tyrannous". When the War Between the States concluded the authority structure shifted from the States to the National Government {in short, the loss of State's Rights and the enslavement of all US citizens, not the freeing of the black slaves}. The much lauded "Emancipation Proclamation" was an executive order to free slaves in 2 states south of the Mason-Dixon Line, but freeing NO slaves in the North, and was written in 1862, three years after South Carolina seceded from the united States.

Take the facts of this historical event and compare that with what students are taught in school and my point about Terms vs Words should become very very clear.

I did not "claim" that all liberals were hypocrites, but I did say both parties are. There are individuals who are moral, principled, intelligent, and have real strength of character, but they are rare these days.

Finally, do you not see how you perceive as enemy those who merely express a different viewpoint? You should listen, reflect, and research before you go into a blind rage, but I suspect the conflict you show here is a reflection and we'll say no more about that.

You paint so many with such a broad brush. This is a mistake, and one you should stop making. You've no idea how much you could learn by paying attention to the bristles, or how fine the picture can become.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Done my homework wrote:
Finally, do you not see how you perceive as enemy those who merely express a different viewpoint?
We're not talking about a different viewpoint. We're talking about an inconsistent combative position which harms the nation and the citizens.

Look at the recent lightbulb study.

Self described liberals and conservatives are given the same option between a $.50 old fashion lightbulb and a $1.50 energy efficient bulb. BOTH groups overwhelmingly pick the energy efficient model for it's long terms savings. Both pick what is best for their own FINANCIAL interests. REASONABLE.

However, stick a "environmentally friendly" sticker on the $1.50 bulb, and the Conservatives no longer want to buy it.

In other words, the Conservatives are making a decision which is NOT in their best financial interest _AND_ is also NOT in the best interest of the environment.

That isn't just unreasonable, that's INSANE. Literally. They are acting in a manner which harms both them and others and benefits NO ONE.

Could you find me a Liberal who talks about green energy but uses less expensive coal? Absolutely. He's making a decision with his wallet that benefits him and goes against his rhetoric. That's dickish but explainable.

What you CAN'T find me is a Liberal who will pay MORE for a product he doesn't want in order to harm his own self interest in another area.
2cents

Wadesboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

lol funny wrote:
I think yes shots should be mandated for the health and safety of our children. In the past 2 months children have gone over sea's and come back w/ whopping cough and mumps because those countries don't mandate or can't afford shots. I watched a program that said they did research on shots and autism they said the shots had nothing to do w/ it. I don't know if they do or not but seems to me if they did more kids would get autism especially since the shots now are the shots our parents and we got. When you decide to have children you take on their wants and needs no the government shouldn't have to pay for anybody's kids. The parents should pay for their health care, food, education, etc that's most of the problem w/ government today ppl except the government to pay for everything which is us the tax payers not the government.
There are danger to immunization. If they require your children to have them they should be required to be responsible if the shots mess them up for life. Odd the paper work when you get shots tells you they will only pay medical bills if they mess up you or your child. Not funeral or money to live on if child is messed up for life. Some are made out of bovine white blood cells. Many times they help some times they kill and cripple.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••