More Parents Are Opting Out of Vaccines

More Parents Are Opting Out of Vaccines

There are 35 comments on the The Atlantic story from Nov 28, 2011, titled More Parents Are Opting Out of Vaccines. In it, The Atlantic reports that:

A study of exemption rates by the Associated Press finds that more and more parents are skipping required vaccines for their children, often out of fear that shots do more harm than good.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Atlantic.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
A W was right

Canada

#26 Dec 5, 2011
friend wrote:
Genome Project:
Genome Project found CNVs which are submicroscopic duplication, deletions, or rearrangements of genetic materials in the DNA. Several of these CNVs were increased copy numbers located in chromosome 15 and were maternally inherited. While 'some' believe vaccines are all powerful and are responsible for this, the study actually suggests that tiny genetic errors may occur during formation of the parents' eggs and sperm, and these variations are copied during creation of their child's DNA.
The findings are not down played, they're recreated by anti vaxxers to fit what they 'want' it to say.
Another dumb-ass response from someone who keeps saying "they found,they found". They are studying damaged children, of course they found something. How did this "something occur so it can be found after the fact? What agent caused the mutation dopey? Have they found that NO!!!!

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#27 Dec 5, 2011
No agent caused it. Hello. study suggests that tiny genetic errors may occur during formation of the parents' eggs and sperm, and these variations are copied during creation of their child's DNA. No where are vaccines or 'agents' implicated, other than in the minds of anti vaxxers. And how do we know that's true? Anti vaxxer Winnipeg keeps posting the same false info about the Genome Project.
A W was right

Winnipeg, Canada

#28 Dec 5, 2011
friend wrote:
No agent caused it. Hello. study suggests that tiny genetic errors may occur during formation of the parents' eggs and sperm, and these variations are copied during creation of their child's DNA. No where are vaccines or 'agents' implicated, other than in the minds of anti vaxxers. And how do we know that's true? Anti vaxxer Winnipeg keeps posting the same false info about the Genome Project.
Suggests, may, possibly, hope to just a bunch of crud that means nothing.

Location hidden

#29 Dec 5, 2011
You already stated many times there is no science to prove vaccines as a cause. You're the one who keeps bring up the Genome Project and misrepresent it. Now you're saying it means nothing? Okay!
VACCINES_AUTISM

Winnipeg, Canada

#30 Dec 5, 2011
friend wrote:
You already stated many times there is no science to prove vaccines as a cause. You're the one who keeps bring up the Genome Project and misrepresent it. Now you're saying it means nothing? Okay!
Twisting the truth till its unrecognizable again? That all you got?

Location hidden

#31 Dec 5, 2011
It's exactly what you said. You're the one twisting your own words! Funny!
VACCINES-AUTISM

Winnipeg, Canada

#32 Dec 5, 2011
friend wrote:
So there's then no science to prove they don't. goes both ways dopey. And I don't misrepresent what rhe G.P. stated. Thats you getting confused about who said it you or me. Its you misrepresenting it because you are trying to win by cheating.

Location hidden

#33 Dec 5, 2011
Genetic is the only way
Wakefield Cult

Winnipeg, Canada

#34 Dec 5, 2011
friend wrote:
Genetic is the only way
Sporadic genetic mutation. But of course. I agree. Explains the regression as it slowly ruins the babies genetic capability.

Location hidden

#35 Dec 5, 2011
Try again. Vaccines do not cause induced genetic mutations. That's a Wakefield scare tactic that anti vaxxers like to spread, but isn't true and to top it off, they admit they have no science to back up such a claim.
So are you saying now you support genetic theory for sporadic and inherited autism? Or do you just not know what you're talking about?
MATL-BCBA

San Diego, CA

#36 Dec 5, 2011
@vaccines-autism:no one caused it, it's not your fault, nor anyone elses-but I understand how casting blame returns to you a feeling of control.

There are specific changes to structures in the brain that can only occur during certain timeframes of pregnancy, that's why we say transition between 1st and 2nd trimester of pregnancy rather then on day 87 or something more specific.

Again I would point out that your energy might be better spent helping improve your child's life, rather then blame casting-but I am aware that it is easier to just cast blame.

With services to build skills and independence many of our kids go on to lead very full and productive lives including college and full careers-however I do not know the specifics of your child's case.
Wakefield Cult

Canada

#37 Dec 6, 2011
MATL-BCBA wrote:
@vaccines-autism:no one caused it, it's not your fault, nor anyone elses-but I understand how casting blame returns to you a feeling of control.
There are specific changes to structures in the brain that can only occur during certain timeframes of pregnancy, that's why we say transition between 1st and 2nd trimester of pregnancy rather then on day 87 or something more specific.
Again I would point out that your energy might be better spent helping improve your child's life, rather then blame casting-but I am aware that it is easier to just cast blame.
With services to build skills and independence many of our kids go on to lead very full and productive lives including college and full careers-however I do not know the specifics of your child's case.
He says knowing he's a Pharma pushing minion.
Wakefield Cult

Canada

#38 Dec 6, 2011
friend wrote:
Try again. Vaccines do not cause induced genetic mutations. That's a Wakefield scare tactic that anti vaxxers like to spread, but isn't true and to top it off, they admit they have no science to back up such a claim.
So are you saying now you support genetic theory for sporadic and inherited autism? Or do you just not know what you're talking about?
For someone who acts like they know all about Wakefield, you are certainly full of manure.
MATL-BCBA

United States

#40 Dec 14, 2011
Wakefield Cult wrote:
<quoted text>
He says knowing he's a Pharma pushing minion.
I find it amusing to be accused of being pro pharma since both my field in general, and I in particular provide treatments that are against "big pharma" interests. We reduce the need for pharmaceutical interventions and don't use any in our treatments either.

ABA is a chemical free intervention.

Location hidden

#42 Dec 14, 2011
It is amusing, but then you're an American, so Winnipeg is going to call you names just due to that.
MATL-BCBA wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it amusing to be accused of being pro pharma since both my field in general, and I in particular provide treatments that are against "big pharma" interests. We reduce the need for pharmaceutical interventions and don't use any in our treatments either.
ABA is a chemical free intervention.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chickenpox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vaccination now scientifically linked to learni... Sep 8 friend 2
News EDITORIAL Vaccination rules still falling well ... Aug 28 Derpology 3
News Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) Aug '17 JazzySam 9,780
News Men made strange discoveryHere are the top stor... May '17 Dr Reker s Bellhop 1
News Drugstores, retailers dive deeper into vaccines (Sep '14) Apr '17 Dr Duntsch Ziotard 2
News Important vaccines that should not be missed by... (Jan '17) Mar '17 Sandra 2
News Vaccine Study: Peer-reviewed study shows vaccin... (Mar '17) Mar '17 friend 3
More from around the web