More Parents Are Opting Out of Vaccines

More Parents Are Opting Out of Vaccines

There are 35 comments on the The Atlantic story from Nov 28, 2011, titled More Parents Are Opting Out of Vaccines. In it, The Atlantic reports that:

A study of exemption rates by the Associated Press finds that more and more parents are skipping required vaccines for their children, often out of fear that shots do more harm than good.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Atlantic.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
FBOMBER

Winnipeg, Canada

#1 Nov 28, 2011
A synopsis of a real issue. The con has stopped working and vaccine injuries have never been more serious or higher in numbers. Blame Pharma and government agencies like the FDA and CDC for helping Pharma cover up their crimes.
MATL-BCBA

San Diego, CA

#2 Nov 28, 2011
I have seen too many children die of diseases that a vaccination would have prevented. And this number is increasing as vaccinations decrease.

I have worked with far to many clients who have autism, but never received a vaccine

I have seen far too much evidence in studies done right here in San diego by Eric courcessi (sp) showing that the genetic damage (i.e. mutations which are inheritance as opposed to taratogenic damage) that typically lead to autism occurred during the transition between 1st and 2nd trimester of pregnancy. Further it is the only causal explanation that explains the wide variations in topography / presentation we see between different people with autism spectrum disorders.

My children will be vaccinated.

Of course this whole issue is tangential and not actually relevant to treatment.
FBOMBER

Canada

#3 Nov 29, 2011
MATL-BCBA wrote:
I have seen too many children die of diseases that a vaccination would have prevented. And this number is increasing as vaccinations decrease.
I have worked with far to many clients who have autism, but never received a vaccine
I have seen far too much evidence in studies done right here in San diego by Eric courcessi (sp) showing that the genetic damage (i.e. mutations which are inheritance as opposed to taratogenic damage) that typically lead to autism occurred during the transition between 1st and 2nd trimester of pregnancy. Further it is the only causal explanation that explains the wide variations in topography / presentation we see between different people with autism spectrum disorders.
Of course this whole issue is tangential and not actually relevant to treatment.
Good thing this is NOT ABOUT YOU and what you think. Vaccinate your own children every chance you get. Volunteer yourself for vaccine testing. Explain how autism went from 1 in 10,000 in the 1980's to 1 in 91 (USA) today with your observations. I think you are quite mistaken if not dishonest.
FBOMBER

Canada

#4 Nov 29, 2011
MATL-BCBA wrote:
Explain the Genome Project report of 2010 that found families it studied had autistic children who's mutations DID NOT ORIGINATE WITH THE PARENTS, and each child had mutations that were disimilar from each other. I believe this signifies individual genetic injury after birth.
jones6

Draper, UT

#5 Nov 29, 2011
So strange it would be entirely genetic if I have 0 cousins out of hundreds with autism and my wife has much fewer cousins but none there as well. When my son was diagnosed the doctor said he got autism from me. Good sound reasoning.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#6 Nov 29, 2011
We've been there already about the Genome Project. "Genome Project found CNVs which are submicroscopic duplication, deletions, or rearrangements of genetic materials in the DNA. Several of these CNVs were increased copy numbers located in chromosome 15 and were maternally inherited. While 'some' believe vaccines are all powerful and are responsible for this, the study actually suggests that tiny genetic errors may occur during formation of the parents' eggs and sperm, and these variations are copied during creation of their child's DNA."

The Genome Project did not omplicate vaccines.

Location hidden

#7 Nov 29, 2011
The Genome Project did not implicate vaccines. (i is next to that o, sorry for the typo)
FBOMBER

Canada

#8 Nov 29, 2011
friend wrote:
We've been there already about the Genome Project. "Genome Project found CNVs which are submicroscopic duplication, deletions, or rearrangements of genetic materials in the DNA. Several of these CNVs were increased copy numbers located in chromosome 15 and were maternally inherited. While 'some' believe vaccines are all powerful and are responsible for this, the study actually suggests that tiny genetic errors may occur during formation of the parents' eggs and sperm, and these variations are copied during creation of their child's DNA."
The Genome Project did not omplicate vaccines.
You always twist the Genome report to suit yourself. They reported what the found. It wasn't suggested, or "may occur" Everything you say is speculation. And no it did not implicate vaccines, but it also disn't "implicate" inheritance from parents. This must have been quite a disappointment for Pharma and pro-vac Trolls who banked on it being a definitely genetic issue. In fact, this information has been buried and researches and Trolls don't mention it because its bursts their balloon. Instead, they keep searching for a way to blame parents for Pharma's crimes.

Location hidden

#9 Nov 29, 2011
Read the report. It's 9 pages.
FBOMBER

Canada

#10 Nov 29, 2011
friend wrote:
Read the report. It's 9 pages.
I've read it DUMBO, and I've told several times I have. And as usual you cherry pick what it says just like Pharma loving provacs.

Location hidden

#11 Nov 29, 2011
You obviously didn't read it, but took what some anti vaxxer said of their site.
FBOMBER

Canada

#12 Nov 29, 2011
jones6 wrote:
So strange it would be entirely genetic if I have 0 cousins out of hundreds with autism and my wife has much fewer cousins but none there as well. When my son was diagnosed the doctor said he got autism from me. Good sound reasoning.
They keep trying to blame the victims. No doubt your child was vaccinated.
FBOMBER

Canada

#13 Nov 29, 2011
friend wrote:
You obviously didn't read it, but took what some anti vaxxer said of their site.
Where can I access what you refer to?(he asks knowing friend won't provide it as usual)

Location hidden

#14 Nov 29, 2011
You said you read the 9 page report. Why would I bother providing it? You already proved my point that you make things up about something you've never read yourself. It was worth not posting a link. Bottom line, the report did not implicate vaccines as a cause.
margaret

Salt Lake City, UT

#16 Nov 30, 2011
Wow. This really feels like a very heated debate. Are there any other sources that could have caused all of the recent diagnoses of autism? Is there any sort of control test that has been done? I feel like there are so many variables out there that it is hard to know exactly what is the cause of the problem. I also fee like I'm going to need some stress vitamins ( http://wholesalevitaminsdirect.com/stress-vit... ) in order to calm down enough to figure all of this out!

Location hidden

#17 Nov 30, 2011
Well, actually it did find inherited genetics. All you want to do is provoke an argument. Aint going to happen but go ahead and keep up the attacking.
MATL-BCBA

San Diego, CA

#20 Dec 3, 2011
FBOMBER wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain the Genome Project report of 2010 that found families it studied had autistic children who's mutations DID NOT ORIGINATE WITH THE PARENTS, and each child had mutations that were disimilar from each other. I believe this signifies individual genetic injury after birth.
I believe what I said was that the research shows the genetic damage occurred during pregnancy, by definition it would not be in the parents genetic code unless they had received the genetic damage from when they were gestating.

I have seen the level of anger you have across all your posts, and I am sorry you feel as you do. I hope that you devote at least as much energy to helping your child.

Location hidden

#22 Dec 3, 2011
Very well said. Thanks fo contributing your view points.
MATL-BCBA wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe what I said was that the research shows the genetic damage occurred during pregnancy, by definition it would not be in the parents genetic code unless they had received the genetic damage from when they were gestating.
I have seen the level of anger you have across all your posts, and I am sorry you feel as you do. I hope that you devote at least as much energy to helping your child.
A W was right

Canada

#23 Dec 3, 2011
friend wrote:
Very well said. Thanks fo contributing your view points.
<quoted text>
hogwash

Location hidden

#25 Dec 5, 2011
Genome Project:
Genome Project found CNVs which are submicroscopic duplication, deletions, or rearrangements of genetic materials in the DNA. Several of these CNVs were increased copy numbers located in chromosome 15 and were maternally inherited. While 'some' believe vaccines are all powerful and are responsible for this, the study actually suggests that tiny genetic errors may occur during formation of the parents' eggs and sperm, and these variations are copied during creation of their child's DNA.

The findings are not down played, they're recreated by anti vaxxers to fit what they 'want' it to say.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chickenpox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) Tue VaXxEd 9,773
News Doctors encourage inoculation against painful s... Dec 29 Stick it 3
News What you need to know about the new shingles va... Oct '17 VACCINES MAIM KILL 1
News Vaccination now scientifically linked to learni... Sep '17 friend 2
News EDITORIAL Vaccination rules still falling well ... Aug '17 Derpology 3
News Men made strange discoveryHere are the top stor... (May '17) May '17 Dr Reker s Bellhop 1
News Drugstores, retailers dive deeper into vaccines (Sep '14) Apr '17 Dr Duntsch Ziotard 2
More from around the web