NM woman sues, alleges HPV vaccine hu...

NM woman sues, alleges HPV vaccine hurt daughter

There are 11 comments on the Carlsbad Current-Argus story from May 3, 2010, titled NM woman sues, alleges HPV vaccine hurt daughter. In it, Carlsbad Current-Argus reports that:

An Albuquerque woman has filed a lawsuit over a vaccine intended to protect women from cervical cancer, alleging it caused physical and behavioral problems in her teenage daughter.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Carlsbad Current-Argus.

Mary McClain

Washington, DC

#1 May 3, 2010
Tracy's daughter now wants to have sex six to eight times a month.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention this is normal behavior for a female of Tracy's daughter's age and definitely for young men of those years.
Fortunately, the CDCP provides protection devices so Tracy's normal male satifiers will not impregnate her.
So is there a lawsuit here or just nature at work?
Staunch Character

Lovington, NM

#2 May 3, 2010
That's a terrible thing to say about a teenage girl with legitimate health issues. Shame on you.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#3 May 3, 2010
Yes, the first post was completely innapropriate. That said, why do people sue when there are adverse reactions to things? Every medication, every procedure has warnings that must be signed off on. In this case, the authorization would have had to be signed by the mother (or guardian).

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#4 May 3, 2010
Encephalitis could be from meningitis and meningitis is common at that child's age. I am not sure that I would allow my daughter to have the vaccine with having Diabetes and MCP.
articgoddess

Anchorage, AK

#5 May 4, 2010
The girl also had cerebral palsy, and that could have caused seizures too, mood and behavior changes sounds like a normal hormonal cyc,e in a teen. Sorry, but some p0edople get lawsuit happy. and there should be limits on these frivilous lawsuits.
The Real Truth

Carlsbad, NM

#6 May 4, 2010
Just left of right wrote:
Yes, the first post was completely innapropriate. That said, why do people sue when there are adverse reactions to things? Every medication, every procedure has warnings that must be signed off on. In this case, the authorization would have had to be signed by the mother (or guardian).
Because....Big Pharma and Insurance companies hire armies of lobbyists to go forth into the world and buy congressmen to enact laws that favor pushing untried vaccines and treatments. Insurance companies say to themselves, if this works on just one person, we might save a lot of money not paying for a future cancer case. So what if it goes bad and causes problems, we have another division set up just as a front for lawsuits. Besides, they will sue Big Pharma, not us. Remember Thalidomide of the 60's? There ya go.
Mama34

Lovington, NM

#7 May 4, 2010
The Real Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Because....Big Pharma and Insurance companies hire armies of lobbyists to go forth into the world and buy congressmen to enact laws that favor pushing untried vaccines and treatments. Insurance companies say to themselves, if this works on just one person, we might save a lot of money not paying for a future cancer case. So what if it goes bad and causes problems, we have another division set up just as a front for lawsuits. Besides, they will sue Big Pharma, not us. Remember Thalidomide of the 60's? There ya go.
I agree. They have them all in their pockets.
FBOMBER

Winkler, Canada

#8 Aug 19, 2011
articgoddess wrote:
The girl also had cerebral palsy, and that could have caused seizures too, mood and behavior changes sounds like a normal hormonal cyc,e in a teen. Sorry, but some p0edople get lawsuit happy. and there should be limits on these frivilous lawsuits.
Frivilous lawsuit? Sounds like this poor girl was already vaccine injured. Just for fun, and to see the consistent behavior Pharma companies are notorious for, search any Pharma company Merck, Pfizer, whatever, and the word lawsuit. Search any vaccine and the word lawsuit. You should try paying attention to the real world occasionally and you might have a f'in clue about this case.
The truth

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Aug 19, 2011
Reality is that her case will be settled. And guess what, some seedy lawyer will walk away with a boat of money because of this lawsuit. The truth is, people are living longer more productive lives. This is in large part due to better medicines. So, all you people out there that think pharma is bad, you live in a free society. Next time you need a drug, decline it. Next time you have cervical cancer, let it kill you and yes, do not take the pain killers they prescribe. Bunch of damn hypocrites. You'll be the first in line. You want real reform? Do this one simple thing.

Make everyone you know demand their representatives cap the amount of money a lawyer can make in a lawsuit at $100,000. Simple, easy, altruistic. It will eliminate tens of thousands of vulturistic lawyers which is a great start, it will appropriately distribute recovered damages to the offended, and it will place an economic barrier to frivolous lawsuits. And yes, for you lawyers, you have to turn in receipts for each and every expense down to the cup of coffee to be reimbursed for expenses. Finally, you cannot launch thousands of lawsuits in order to circumnavigate the limit.$100,000 per event.
FBOMBER

Winnipeg, Canada

#10 Aug 20, 2011
The truth wrote:
Reality is that her case will be settled. And guess what, some seedy lawyer will walk away with a boat of money because of this lawsuit. The truth is, people are living longer more productive lives. This is in large part due to better medicines. So, all you people out there that think pharma is bad, you live in a free society. Next time you need a drug, decline it. Next time you have cervical cancer, let it kill you and yes, do not take the pain killers they prescribe. Bunch of damn hypocrites. You'll be the first in line. You want real reform? Do this one simple thing.
Make everyone you know demand their representatives cap the amount of money a lawyer can make in a lawsuit at $100,000. Simple, easy, altruistic. It will eliminate tens of thousands of vulturistic lawyers which is a great start, it will appropriately distribute recovered damages to the offended, and it will place an economic barrier to frivolous lawsuits. And yes, for you lawyers, you have to turn in receipts for each and every expense down to the cup of coffee to be reimbursed for expenses. Finally, you cannot launch thousands of lawsuits in order to circumnavigate the limit.$100,000 per event.
I don't disagree that lawyers are scum and take advantage. If Pharma wasn't so notorious about knowingly putting out faulty, fraudulent product, I might feel for them. But they have a continuous history of lawsuit caused by their own doing, and desrve to be sued. People having fear and distrust of Pharma have it because Pharma has earned it. A lot needs to be changed, but it starts and ends with safe product.
gimmie

Carlsbad, NM

#11 Aug 21, 2011
sounds like this is the g'daughter of the woman who sued mcdonalds for having hot coffee and won millions

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cervical Cancer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Screening for breast and cervical cancer is a p... May 18 Three Days 5K 1
News Opponents: Medicaid fee plan would hurt poorest Apr '16 They cannot kill ... 1
News HPV vaccine recommended for boys in U.S. (Oct '11) Feb '16 Ella 5
Cervical Cancer Feature Jan '16 Jessica Pickard 1
News Pregnant, with HPV warts (Nov '15) Dec '15 Elly 2
News Cervical Cancer Screenings (Nov '15) Nov '15 pailrider 1
News Best Sex Ever (Jul '07) Nov '15 Jbraceboy 3
More from around the web