A fad and a fraud: the gluten-free di...

A fad and a fraud: the gluten-free diet under scrutiny

There are 2 comments on the ABC News story from Jun 25, 2014, titled A fad and a fraud: the gluten-free diet under scrutiny. In it, ABC News reports that:

Ten percent of us are on a gluten-free diet but the research says unless you are coeliac, there is no link between gut disorders and gluten.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ABC News.

An apple a day

Allentown, PA

#1 Jul 1, 2014
Even if you're not a Celiac, you're better off staying away from processed foods with gluten. The way wheat and other grains are processed are not really healthy for anyone and over time, can cause health issues. Unfortunately, even healthy fruits and vegetables have been genetically manipulated to create a more disease resistant product. The genetically manipulated organisms act like a pesticide and we the public, are ingesting these harmful products. There are but a few countries left that refuse to let Monsanto take over their food industries, but for how long that will be, remains to be seen. You may not be aware of it, but over time, the inflammation that over processed food and genetically manipulated food can cause over time, can cause a variety of health issues. Diabetes, Cancer, heart disease, digestive problems, sluggishness and fatigue, irritability, depression, allergies, etc., can all be associated with the modern diet. You don't have to eliminate all gluten if you're not a Celiac, but it would be wise to cut back significantly. Remember, doctors can't make money if you're not sick. Don't make it easier for them. I'm not here to bash doctors, but being healthy starts with you and you have to be constantly aware of what's going on in the health world. Also keep in mind that not everything you read is necessarily 100% correct or true. Weight both sides - research and learn as much as you possibly can.
Questions Answered

Beverly, MA

#2 Aug 27, 2014
For some, the diet is necessary to stay pain free and healthy:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Celiac Disease Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Healing my gut Jul '17 Dollface760 1
News Are oats gluten free? (Jul '11) Jul '17 some guy named th... 3
Fans of Special K Touch of Brown Sugar Gluten-F... (Dec '16) Dec '16 gmuthara 1
News Woman sues McDonald's on french fries (Feb '06) Oct '16 Martythes 275
News 5 Nutrition Trends Found at NRA Show 2016 (Aug '16) Aug '16 Serratus Anterior 4
News Ted Cruz: Soldiers Don't Need Gluten-Free Meals (Feb '16) Aug '16 Serratus Anterior 8
Celiac Disease Help (Feb '16) Jun '16 Victim 3
More from around the web